News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2599023 times)

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6240 on: December 08, 2019, 05:35:33 am »
another idea for a crazy hack :D

power rangers the movie for Genesis / MegaDrive

add or include the green ranger badass  :thumbsup:

boomd420

• View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: December 09, 2019, 03:56:29 pm »
SUPER DODGEBALL - Nes

Is there anyone interested in starting a rom hack of Super Dodgeball for the nes)

If anyone is, I'd be willing to do a commission or donation.

These are my ideas.

----

** 1 player (World Mode)

- Pick any team

** 2 player (Versus Play)

- Pick any country to play vs in

- Pick same team (Different Colors)

- Pick time of day (It's available in Bean Ball)

-Nightmare/Shadow teams (Last team in the game in world mode. Black and white, more stamina)

** Bean Ball

- 4 player hack (Already exists) (Japan version also has this option)

- Pick any team (Prob not do-able but idk anything)

- Pick any player from any team (Again prob not do-able)

---
extras **

- Add bonus teams

- ^ With new moves

--Notes--

There are (2) versions of the game. A US version and Japan. The Japan has a different World team, vs mode different country, 4 player Beanball, intro screen. The Japan version also has a screen to change team/player names.

Theres 2 hacks on Romhacking.net

There's a few guides on gamefaqs

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:11:07 pm by boomd420 »

redmagejoe

• View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: December 09, 2019, 04:42:10 pm »
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, a disassembly of Final Fantasy II (NES) would be very helpful if someone had the time, inclination, or access to documentation used by the select few hacks and translations that were made for the game on this site. I'd try to address some of the bugs I listed previously myself, but wouldn't even know where to begin looking and haven't the free time to try and tear down the ROM bit by bit.

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6243 on: December 10, 2019, 06:28:02 am »
Super Mario Maker 2 has me wanting Link in Super Mario games. I know it's absolutely not feasible to put Link in SMB1 with all his Mario Maker abilities since it uses more buttons than the NES has, and SMB1 doesn't seem to have much ability changing hacks out there, but I feel like it could be done in Super Mario World.

Heck, one thing I've admired about the Sonic hacking community is how they put other characters in Sonic 1-3, I really think Super Mario world should get the same treatment. I've seen fully functional Warios and YI Yoshi's in their own hacks but not in Super Mario world proper.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

2tack

• View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: December 10, 2019, 06:16:28 pm »
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions:

With the new ASM editor, maybe this is possible. Uncap the amount of characters you can bring into battle, allowing you to fill every open spot with someone from your roster. Sure it would ruin the balance, but it would be fun!

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: December 11, 2019, 09:02:59 pm »
Idea: Take that awesome engine used to make Sonic Classic Heroes and make a Genesis version of Chaotix. It doesn't even have to be a 1:1 recreation of the 32x game. You just need interesting stages and lots of "tiered" platforming. As in there are parts of a stage where your main character can get trapped above the secondary character. That's most of the "fun" of Chaotix. Using your second character's distance from you to charge the elastic ring band for momentum.

The 3D stages (the run through the octagon tube) would obviously have to be omitted since the Genesis can't do polygons without the 32x helping out, but maybe the special stages could be replaced with Blue Sphere stages instead. The game would only need to be DIFFERENT from Sonic 1 and 2, have tiered level platforms with lots of curved parts, and have teams of two characters attached by the ring band.

Levels would have general themes, Grass, Fire, Water, Ice, Electric.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: December 11, 2019, 09:28:13 pm »
Make audio-only of these undub hacks.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4790/

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4814/

I make the complain/request here, since Geo is NOWHERE to be seen or contacted. And kinda fails on getting the right balance.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: December 12, 2019, 02:27:28 am »
Earthworm Jim 2 (Sega Saturn)

A hack that will add these fixes to it:

Fix the pitch of the "Oh!" voice clip that both the grannies & the sheep enemies uses, the pitch is way down for some odd reason. While in the PSX port, it has the correct pitch.
Change the music track for the ISO9000 level to the one that is used in the Lorenzen's Soil level.
Give Jim his correct climbing across sprites, they used the ones from EWJ1 in this port for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:17:23 pm by SCD »

JUD6MENT

• View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: December 12, 2019, 05:58:48 pm »
With the entire soundtrack of Donkey Kong Country 1 given a hi-def fan revamp, why doesn't somebody create an MSU-1 hack so we can hear them in-game?

We have actually, go to Zeldix.net, that is were the MSU-1 hacks are, not here.

JUD6MENT

• View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: December 12, 2019, 06:00:53 pm »
So for Castlvania: Circle of the Moon, is there a talented rom hacker that can make the running dash be the default movement speed and there is no longer any need to double tap the direction pad to run? That would be a great idea if possible.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #6250 on: December 13, 2019, 11:32:03 pm »
 Will someone please help me figure out why I have failed to properly insert songs into Castlevania AOS using 
Sappy about 300 Times!!!!!! :-[ I have literally tried everything!  :crazy: How did they swap the music in Dawn of Symphony and Hugh Baldwin Hack?  :huh: I have been trying to swap midis into AOS Alter and Yukuutski no Fantasia from the other GBA Castlevanias for a week straight and can't get one right.  :-\
Insert "Witty Text" here.

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: December 14, 2019, 09:21:48 am »
Idea - Get rid of or speed up the turning animation in the game Moon Crystal for NES. This would actually make the game a lot more easy during boss fights. The big mecha guy is just too difficult when the only time I can turn quickly is just before landing a jump.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: December 15, 2019, 12:00:42 pm »
I second that. Also, some love for Demon's Crest would be much appreciated! :)

agreed, it's amazing how so many years have passed by with nothing being done for demon's crest. no romhacks, barely any music remixes... it's easily one of my top snes faves.

you would think that after all these years something would have been done with it but no...

i mean, it is a great game to begin with but i would've thought it'd make for some great romhacking potential.

pocket

• View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6253 on: December 17, 2019, 02:43:20 am »
I adore the Super Mario Bros. 1 SMAS NES-ized hack from hiro1112 since I wasn't crazy about how the original game looked, it's mostly a big improvement imo. I have one small nitpick and one large one that is my main reason for coming here. The small nitpick is the trees in world 1-3. They've got a blurry texture. That's it.

Now for the main reason i'm here, this isn't an issue with hiro1112's hack as it is an issue I have with the original Super Mario All-Stars. The hack didn't fix one of the biggest problems I had with the original version that makes SMB1 look not quite right. I actually made a visual. Take a look at this.

This is how the hack looks normally... well, it's a mock-up since those enemies and Bowser normally don't appear there, but if they did, this would be how they looked.  Does Mario and that Mushroom kind of look like they don't belong there?  They got those thick black outlines like they were meant to be from a different game, and that's always bugged me about even the original Super Mario All-Stars.
Now take a look at this:

Doesn't Mario look more like he belongs here now? The original NES game didn't have any bold outlines on their sprites, and the SNES remake sort of emulated that somewhat. They have outlines but instead of being black, they're just dark colors that make it look more like shading.
But wait, that still just looks kind of like they slapped the Super Mario Bros. 3 sprite in SMB1 huh?  Let's fix Mario's posture.

There we go, now THAT's a faithful remake.  But as the title of this thread implies I've got the idea, but not the skill ( or the time, frankly )

EDIT: I've been dabbling in actual hacking and managed to fix the ugly bowser and orange yoshi arm in Super Mario World, and I was feeling like pretty hot shit, so I wanted to actually attempt this, and reverse Mario and Luigi's overall colors in SMB2 and 3 as well, and I could not even begin to know what I was doing when I tried, I don't know how you more talented folks do this, but you've got my respect.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 03:46:28 pm by pocket »
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: December 17, 2019, 02:07:17 pm »
I guess it's true that not all enemies have a line around them, but it didn't bother me. I also didn't mind mario standing the way it was.

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #6255 on: December 17, 2019, 09:34:35 pm »
Is anyone going to do some work on the official Trials of Mana rom to clean up the menu text glitches? You probably won't see it until you get a new piece of armor but if you go try to equip something the text from the end of "Press to equip" gets fused into the item name.

If that is too hard to fix, maybe someone could do a hybrid version patch that combines the new font and game script with the fan translation version. Since the only glitch in that one is that half of the A button gets eaten in menus.

StarWyvwern

• View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #6256 on: December 19, 2019, 09:28:25 am »
Multiplayer co-op for every Mega Man title.  :woot!:

1-3: Mega and Roll.
4-6: Mega, Proto, and Roll.
7: Mega, Proto, Auto, and Roll.
8: Mega, Proto, Duo, and Roll.
9: Mega, Proto, Roll, and Bass.
10: Mega, Proto, Roll, Bass, Duo, and Auto.  8)

GB titles: Mega, Quint, Punk, Ballade, and Enker.  ::)

Note: Enemy characters not listed playable except in GB titles for multiple reasons.

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: December 19, 2019, 09:13:19 pm »
Multiplayer co-op for every Mega Man title.  :woot!:

1-3: Mega and Roll.
4-6: Mega, Proto, and Roll.
7: Mega, Proto, Auto, and Roll.
8: Mega, Proto, Duo, and Roll.
9: Mega, Proto, Roll, and Bass.
10: Mega, Proto, Roll, Bass, Duo, and Auto.  8)

GB titles: Mega, Quint, Punk, Ballade, and Enker.  ::)

Note: Enemy characters not listed playable except in GB titles for multiple reasons.

Seconded!!
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

StarWyvwern

• View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #6258 on: December 20, 2019, 05:09:29 pm »
Just a thought. A Metroid Prime Demake of 1, 2, 3, and Federation Force, in the style of Super Metroid or even Metroid Fusion would be great.  :D

pocket

• View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6259 on: December 21, 2019, 11:01:31 pm »
Do we have a BS Zelda hack that arranges the dungeon layouts to be the same as the original NES game yet?   I know it's likely impossible to re-create the original overworld, but I'd be satisfied with just the dungeons being remade.