News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1486807 times)

Reinc

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6180 on: November 05, 2019, 10:21:13 pm »
Warsong (Mega Drive):
- add an option to disable combat animations.

luna211

• View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: November 07, 2019, 01:14:11 am »
Anybody wanna fix Taz: Escape From Mars? The physics are too fast and flawed, and the levels are littered with bombs and cheap traps everywhere. Makes the first game feel like a masterpiece compared to this carelessly rushed sequel. Just try and beat Mole World without taking a hit!  :banghead:

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: November 07, 2019, 05:10:19 pm »
i don't really know why i bother checking for replies to my posts in this thread. usually i just come here to throw out random ideas that come to me. if they get picked up i may or may not see them on the front page news articles.

ah, well... got another one to toss out but this one's a bit more of a minor request.

might it be possible to change that one item in legend of dragoon (sorry, but i don't remember the items name right offhand...i think it had the word "god" in it?) that automatically performs combos for you so that it actually lets you get exp for the attacks instead of how it normally does the attack but doesn't count towards mastering the move and unlocking future combos for the character using it?

CrispX

• View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: November 08, 2019, 10:18:26 am »
Sensible Soccer: European Champions aka Sensible Soccer: International Edition (Mega Drive): Add a secound board with more 64 fake teams in game on all mods for clubs, custom clubs and national teams.  ;)

If is possible to make UMK3 charathers this can be possible too.  ;D

FIFA 96, 98 (Mega Drive): Any FIFA hacked rom already to edit all teams, name, players and logo colours? Or some tool to edit the hole game in?
I wish to play FIFA 96 with my custom teams.

Sensible Soccer (Master System): Need a Edit option to change and edit the hole teams.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:23:22 am by CrispX »

Codingkid01

• View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: November 09, 2019, 04:24:15 pm »
A hack of Alex Kidd in miracle world that gives it a Mario theme instead, considering the two games similarities and also because how much better the graphical capabilities of the master system are when compared to those of the nes.
I also think there should be a mod to kirbys adventure that turns it into a Yoshi game, replacing kirbys vacuum with Yoshis tounge but still keeping the copy abilities because it makes sense due to yoshi eating shells in Mario world to get powers.

CrispX

• View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: November 09, 2019, 07:02:50 pm »
Altered Beast (Mega Drive): Trying to add the 2 missing missions are avaliable in the NES Version.  :thumbsup: I know it's complicated, but we never know.

World Cup Italia '90 or Sega Soccer (Mega Drive): Make Club Teams and changing the map in to Logo square teams, change name players, teams, stats and colour kits.  :thumbsup:

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #6186 on: November 10, 2019, 02:27:19 pm »
A hack of Alex Kidd in miracle world that gives it a Mario theme instead, considering the two games similarities and also because how much better the graphical capabilities of the master system are when compared to those of the nes.

There was a WIP visual hack like this a couple of years back made in KiddEd, it's on YT. The games aren't that similar though

Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

foiopaulo

• View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: November 11, 2019, 03:12:17 pm »
What about a hack of Final Fight on SNES, or even Arcade, that puts Streets of Rage characters on it?

sshadow5001

• View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: November 11, 2019, 03:56:05 pm »
I was looking on the Cutting Room Floor for Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure.
https://tcrf.net/Dragon_Ball:_Advanced_Adventure

I was thinking that it'd be nice if there was a definitive version of the game using a mixture of the different regions of the game.

The Japanese version features additional music tracks that were removed in the EU and US versions of the game, of the EU and US versions the EU version is less censored and has less spelling mistakes aswell as Japanese Voice Acting, however the US version features English voice acting in places (Usually for Attacks and and Exclamations)

Using the EU version as a base and Adding the Japanese music and US Voice acting would probably be the simplest way to do this.

Just an idea.

Dasha-Supa

• View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: November 11, 2019, 05:25:19 pm »
An improvement hack for the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NES game. Have the enemies drop heath power-ups. The enemies already drop weapon power-ups so it seems possible that they could also drop heath as well.

I feel that this would make the game more accessible to new players.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: November 12, 2019, 07:28:11 pm »
Mega Man X2: Fight Black Zero.

Make it the same boss fight as the fight against Zero you would get if you don't collect the Parts. So, instead of having the real Zero destroy the fake one in one shot and make you skip the entire boss fight, have him come at the end of the fight and deliver the final blow (or something like that).

It just seems counter intuitive to me to have you skip a cool boss fight for collecting all the items.

FiZiX

• View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: November 13, 2019, 01:33:37 pm »
A hack to fix the misplaced pixel in the title screen logo for Super Mario World. Example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/53cny0/this_misplaced_pixel_in_the_super_mario_world_logo/

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #6192 on: November 14, 2019, 07:28:18 am »
A hack to fix the misplaced pixel in the title screen logo for Super Mario World. Example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/53cny0/this_misplaced_pixel_in_the_super_mario_world_logo/

Open SMW in a hex editor, and change $5CA20 from 7F to 3F. You're welcome. :D

Guadozoku

• View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: November 16, 2019, 02:13:37 am »
I think it would be pretty neat for some games to have title screen hacks that refer to them as the name they might've had if they were localized back in the day. Like the Romancing SaGa games being called Final Fantasy Legend 4-6, or Final Fantasy 5 being called Final Fantasy Extreme.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: November 16, 2019, 01:38:48 pm »
It was the '90s, surely the spelling would have been like Final Fantasy X-TREME (with Randy Savage emphasis). :D

Wasn't Romancing SaGa (3?) once rumored to have been considered for a "Final Fantasy IV" localization? (that would've been a super-late consideration)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #6195 on: November 17, 2019, 01:19:08 am »

Meh I'll just leave this here. Maybe someone can use it.

Dreamwhale

• View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: November 18, 2019, 05:41:47 pm »
Castlevania The Adventure - Smoother Engine

I feel the only things that keeps it from being truly great lies in the way it's programmed: it runs slightly too slowly and a bit inconsistently so, too. On hardware other than the original DMG Game Boy screen-tearing is also apparent. Since its sequel Belmont's Revenge fixed almost all of those issues and games like Super Ghouls n Ghosts got fan-made patches that reduce slowdown significantly, I was wondering if fixing The Adventure would be possible, too.

Or maybe even a port to the Belmont's Revenge engine would be feasible (which I assume to be a modified version of The Adventure's engine)?

There is a speedhack available, but since it only makes the player character faster and nothing else, it ruins the game's difficulty balance and also doesn't address any of the aforementioned technical problems the game has.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: November 18, 2019, 06:06:28 pm »
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/190/

This is a hack I made long ago.

Dreamwhale

• View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: November 19, 2019, 06:28:24 am »
@MathUser2929

I respect your effort - it's good for what it is, essentially being an easy mode.

But for someone like me who enjoys the challenge of the original it makes the games too easy, since enemies still move at a regular speed. I also prefer to have weapon downgrades intact and I'm rather fond of the original power-up icons.

edit: Just played through your hack again and in addition to what I wrote before I'd also like to add that I feel it makes the player character actually move a bit too fast (personally I feel like Belmont's Revenge had the perfect amount of speed). And while for the most part the added velocity makes things easier it also makes some jumps actually more difficult, since it's more likely to jump too far now, to "overshoot" so to speak. I appreciate the effort making the items look more in line with the rest of the series, but the redesigns lack clarity, especially when played on a smaller screen. The original designs on the other hand were nice, clear and distinct.

I hope you don't take this criticism the wrong way, since the hack works pretty well for the most part and I could see it making the game more enjoyable to some people. And the fact alone that you even bothered to make a hack for this "black sheep" game is very much appreciated. It's just not quite what I'm looking for.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:00:30 am by Dreamwhale »

FiZiX

• View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: November 19, 2019, 09:08:19 am »
Open SMW in a hex editor, and change $5CA20 from 7F to 3F. You're welcome. :D

Thanks! I submitted a hack for this: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4799/