News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1469984 times)

BaiduMe

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5760 on: May 06, 2019, 10:10:18 am »
I don't know what to do with this, but changing text and moving around characters is possible in Buu's Fury. Working on how to create scenarios  :)
(BTW, this is an imported sprite from LOG2), 18 can fight now without crashing the game.

Anyone got any ideas?

cargo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: May 07, 2019, 04:12:31 am »
A few weeks ago I unknowingly suggested a translation of Ranma ½: Chougi Ranbu Hen. Thanks to all the guys who kindly pointed out this already exists.

This fighting game is actually pretty good (albeit slow). I'd like to suggest a speed hack. I wonder if it's possible to remove or modify the game's speed limit or character's fighting speed. It would be a nice improvement!

I'd love to see an English translation of Super Famicom's Ranma Nibunnoichi: Chougi Rambuhen. While the game can be played ignoring the Japanese text it would be cool to be able to read the stories for each character (presented as frame cards between matches).

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #5762 on: May 07, 2019, 05:50:33 am »
I don't know what to do with this, but changing text and moving around characters is possible in Buu's Fury.

Kids, you wanna know the spirit of ROM hacking? This is it.

BaiduMe has looked inside this game, figured out how the graphics were stored and how to replace them, then did the same for the text, and for what? To translate the game? No. To add new characters? No. BaiduMe did it simply to see if they could do it.

I think this is the attitude that a lot of posters in this thread could learn from. The best hackers don't do it to get something out of it: they do it to see if they can. Bravo. :thumbsup:

If you keep it up, I'm sure you'll do some cool things. ;)

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #5763 on: May 07, 2019, 06:54:39 am »
A few weeks ago I unknowingly suggested a translation of Ranma ½: Chougi Ranbu Hen. Thanks to all the guys who kindly pointed out this already exists.

This fighting game is actually pretty good (albeit slow). I'd like to suggest a speed hack. I wonder if it's possible to remove or modify the game's speed limit or character's fighting speed. It would be a nice improvement!

These games are clunky, aren't they? But I don't know anything technical about it.

Turns out the butchered translation was Ranma ½: Chounai Gekitou Hen.

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: May 07, 2019, 04:25:34 pm »
I had another ROM Hack idea: A proper "Pokemon Brown", which would essentially be a Pokemon Yellow hack that replaces Pikachu with Eevee as the starter, with graphics edited to match the Evolution Pokemon's current design for the interaction and overworld sprites (as well as the Surfing Pikachu minigame) and Eevee's voice clips from Pokemon Let's Go being re-used, but in Game Boy quality (it would also restore Pikachu's original cry from Red/Blue when you have one in your party). Likewise, the game would also make it so that Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon would only be obtainable via trading since your Starter Eevee will react to Evolutionary Stones just like the Pikachu in Yellow reacts to the Thunder Stone. Plus, the only way to obtain Pikachu in this Pokemon Brown is in Celadon City in place of the Eevee you would normally obtain in Red/Blue/Yellow.

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: May 08, 2019, 10:00:15 pm »
Super Double Dragon / Return of Double Dragon speed hack. That would improve the game sluggish feel, along with the existent 'Kencho hack'.

Super Bomberman 3 SNES - NTSC Patch (60HZ)
That one does exist.
https://evilgames.eu/emulation.htm#snes-ntsc-patches

SIM City (SNES) facelift: improve graphics since it looks like a NES game.
And with a mouse hack? That would be awesome.

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: May 09, 2019, 04:52:39 am »
I asked for this earlier, but the mockup .GIFs I made have been broken, so here is my old request:

A hack of Mega Man 5 and Mega Man 6 where Mega Man's eyes follow the selection like in Mega Man 3.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: May 09, 2019, 10:03:04 am »
Like so many others, I regret the fact that this has been canceled:

And it was the other fact that fans were trying to do something similar but never heard from them again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGch2ZXU2ts

With the fact that color hacks have started gaining traction, I wouldn't be surprised if this became a reality soon enough.

Megahog2014

• View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: May 09, 2019, 03:56:23 pm »
I wonder if it's possible to replace graphics on the game SegaSonic the Hedgehog. I was hoping to see if anyone can help me find where the sprite data for Eggman and I want to replace his sprites with the Robotnik ones that are programmed in the game or atleast make an dips switch hack so the sprites can be swapped between the JP version and the planned worldwide version.

Q

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Meow, busy hackers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: May 10, 2019, 02:35:55 pm »
Hey, I've been playing a ton of the two Pokemon Trading Card Game titles for Game Boy Color recently, and I had a couple suggestions for small hacks.

Randomized Coin Flip: When a human player flips a coin, the result isn't random. If you know how it works and have good timing, you can get the result you want every time. I'd love a hack that replaces this with a proper, randomized coin flip.

Phantom Cards: Both games have two cards called the "Phantom Cards" that can only be obtained via the Card Pop! feature, which is the TCG's equivalent of the Mystery Gift. As there's no realistic way of getting these cards without cheating anymore, I'd love hacks that add proper ways of obtaining them to both games.
Sneko, the Super Nintendo Entertainment Kitty, wishes you luck.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: May 10, 2019, 08:24:58 pm »
I was reading this stuff about the creator of Castlevania: http://shmuplations.com/castlevania/

The first tidbit talks about how Akamatsu was inspired by Indiana Jones to make the hero use a whip.  I was thinking... how about an Indiana Jones themed Castlevania hack?

Badseed

• View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: May 10, 2019, 09:51:32 pm »
I like the idea of a indy Castlevania hack but you might have a problem getting the Nazis past the censors. Most important would be to get Short Round in and keep Shia LaBouf out. ;)
"Now is the happening of Plan B!! Time for max-strength spray! Your brains will be washed with 99.9% effectiveness!"

#

• View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: May 11, 2019, 12:06:38 pm »
-
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:32:54 pm by # »

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
« Reply #5773 on: May 11, 2019, 11:35:16 pm »
I'd like to see a hack of Castlevania Chronicles (PS1) which tweaked sub weapon function to an unmapped individual button (triangle or R1, for example) instead of the usual "up + attack button" combination.
The other thing weird is that while there're two buttons for attack - square and circle - the input of square button and circle button can't be chained; the game won't receive command of circle button input if the square-button whip attack is still pulled out. If 1) the commands of two attack buttons can be chained or 2) one of the attack button slots can be mapped to other useful functions (circle for sub weapon, for example) it would be a much more interesting Castlevania title than the shape it currently be. Or a full-scale GUI-based control tweaker in the style of Mega Man X6 tweaks patcher.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 11:42:24 pm by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

callo

• View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: May 11, 2019, 11:36:27 pm »
warioware inc style game where you play bits and pieces of random snes games
doesnt really add anything to the games themselves. just a challenge.

papermanzero

• View Profile
« Reply #5775 on: May 12, 2019, 12:19:32 pm »
A tool to covert psx games from Pal - 50 hz to Pal - 60 Hz. Like the similar snes tool.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: May 13, 2019, 08:28:23 am »
Talking about Castlevania, imagine a Metroidvania where the main character would be nothing less than John Constantine (and his yellow-beige overcoat moving in the style of Alucard's cape), who would be asked to investigate an anomaly and 'possession' of an entire building like Empire State Building ...

In this building each floor would become a new and different dimension where the goal would be to advance to the superior (always leaving through the central elevator) facing various dangers and supernatural enemies until you reach the last where you would face the final boss possessed by some devil ...

But this was not really the last battle, after defeating this last boss would open access to an elevator that would take ...

(And just like in Castlevania SotN.)

... to the depths of the Earth, right in hell, where there would be another Empire State Building upside down nailed to the roof of this underworld, where again John Constatine should fight on each floor in a much more macabre version until he reaches the top (or should I say the bottom) to find his greatest enemy, precisely Satan himself ...

What did you think???

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:45:48 am by darthvaderx »

POWCo-op

• View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: May 14, 2019, 01:02:58 am »
I would love to see a NES port of Clue for the Sega Mega Drive.
Now you're playing in... three dimensions.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: May 14, 2019, 06:44:48 pm »
Has this suddenly turned into a homebrew/tool ideas topic? :D

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: May 16, 2019, 04:40:06 am »
Has this suddenly turned into a homebrew/tool ideas topic? :D

But are not they hacks too?