News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1111666 times)

#

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5580 on: February 15, 2019, 08:03:18 am »
I'd like to play Wacky Races for NES but I dislike dogs. If the main character was hacked to be a cat that would be so cool!

Like this?

Flo_o

• View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: February 15, 2019, 09:02:01 am »
I don't know if there are many Ufouria nes fans here but it would be realy cool to see a Ufouria sprites transfer to Hebereke, because the Pal version feels realy sluggish compared to Hebereke, it would be cool to play both versions in NTSC

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: February 15, 2019, 05:18:31 pm »

King of Fighter 96 (Unl) hummer team for NES

apparently it was predicted that the roster of fighters would be 20 instead of 7 :o, I think it would be the most characters in Famicom / Nes, if it is hacked and recovered all that material removed or damaged

the characters were in total 13 eliminated from the final game, they are all in the Rom, but with broken graphics that have to be corrected to make them appear in the game and have even their roster chip intact in the code

the weight of the game initially with all the content removed would be around 1.25 MB, if someone from the Romhacking community makes a hack recovering and fixing this content, they would have a very decent and more complete game.

https://tcrf.net/The_King_of_Fighters_%2796_(NES)

mamertos

• View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: February 16, 2019, 10:22:25 am »
- Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos (NES):

I don't remember if I said this before, but a shadow for the main character and the floating platforms would be a nice touch.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: February 17, 2019, 03:03:22 am »
could someone hack digimon world 3 and transfer the song Miracle Maker from the japanese opening movie to the international (US or EU) version of the game?

dartcron

• View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: February 17, 2019, 10:12:24 pm »
can anyone fix the 3 player hack of seiken densetsu 3; it just has bugs whenever the 2nd player faints, and the 3rd player is still awake players lose control. I dont know if its possible to make a game shark code with a joker command to retain control of a character. its the best game for the snes imo; https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/179/

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: February 18, 2019, 04:38:59 pm »
Mega Man X8 (PS2, PC)
Adjust jump height, speed, and wall jumping physics to be closer to how it was in X4-X6

cralso

• View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: February 18, 2019, 08:24:20 pm »
Digimon World 3 / 2003
Keep the game menu on the fly, without "unload" the game screen :p
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eWd4lFIej4M
Check the minute 18:10, the menu its open along the game, that is good, but opening any option this goes to menu and "forget" the game screen, one time yu leave the menu this loads again the game screen :s

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: February 18, 2019, 08:54:05 pm »
Megaman & Bass [GBA]:

The Brazilian Patch somehow ported the localized GBA logo in the main screen and in the player select.

Someone, port that into the AGTP project! I tried to do that, but the ROM crashed tragicomically.

PRG

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5589 on: February 19, 2019, 05:03:02 am »
I'd like to see A Link to the Past but with an extended inventory screen that matches the GBA version, where it displays the bottles and shovel.

There's an inventory patch for the Redux hack, and while I'm a big fan of that hack, I'm not a fan of the (optional) redesigned inventory screen. I much prefer the original style intact, much like what the GBA version does.

Or maybe a sound restoration for the GBA version that decrusts the music and sound effects (and swaps start and select lol).

GrayestOdin

• View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: February 20, 2019, 10:51:15 am »
Greetings. I would like to see a Unlock All Battle Stages patch for the Japanese Version of Saturn Bomberman. Since the Joy Card series of game controllers are out of production, I hope this will ease the pain of those who don't have the controllers.

I don't really know where to begin with editing the Bomberman Games but I downloaded some Debuggers for Playstation and I hope I could make something special happen. I don't know where it will lead to but you better believe it will be grand.

MANTI5

• View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: February 20, 2019, 02:31:39 pm »
Hi, I would like to know if something exists to make a "championship" style game for some friendly competitions with friends? What I mean is have a selection of games/levels that can be selected to make something like the old Nintendo Championship style competitions. As an example, the first 3 levels of SMB that then can switch to the first 3 boxers in MTPO and finish up with the first level of 1942. It would be especially awesome if it were something that could be easily customized, like which games, whether it was time limited or score based, etc.

redmagejoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: February 20, 2019, 09:16:49 pm »
Is there anyone capable of making these romhacks work properly with VBAGX / VBA-M? I'm quite fond of VBAGX, and would hate to have to switch to GNUBoy just for one game.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/175/

OR preferably

http://aderack.com/m2/

The first one is probably the easiest to fix, as it seems that the only real problem is black elements appearing as bright red. The second one looks quite nice, but suffers far too many graphical bugs to likely be worth anyone's time given that this is a request.

EDIT: I see some work has been done to this end, but I can't tell if a conclusion was ever reached beyond the last post, or if either patch is available in some form somewhere.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=15989.0

I've been testing mGBA, and while it works with DX (nice!) and it has vast performance advantage over VBAGX, it's still pre-1.0 and leaves a LOT to be desired from a User Interface standpoint. Also it has different but equally problematic graphical bugs with the EJRT hack, so maybe that one is doomed to never make it on real hardware.

Someone addressed this with a recent release! Tested and works flawlessly on VBAGX.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4388/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:05:25 am by redmagejoe »

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: February 21, 2019, 07:53:46 pm »
Hi, I would like to know if something exists to make a "championship" style game for some friendly competitions with friends? What I mean is have a selection of games/levels that can be selected to make something like the old Nintendo Championship style competitions. As an example, the first 3 levels of SMB that then can switch to the first 3 boxers in MTPO and finish up with the first level of 1942. It would be especially awesome if it were something that could be easily customized, like which games, whether it was time limited or score based, etc.
I love this idea, but I have gotten the impression from Disch that it is a tall order, fitting multiple game engines onto the equivalent of a single cartridge.

There is a site that chronicles achievements on NES games, I think using Lua scripting in a specific emulator. On the face of it, the script just needs to know what memory addresses to look at and how to interpret the values. Talking out of my butt, it doesn't seem too hard to extend the idea to log times or scores for an arbitrary set of games, and possibly perform some aggregation math on them to calculate the winner. If I had an example to look at, I might be able to figure it out. But that's all I know. I'm not sure if the scripting and emulator are considered proprietary.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: February 21, 2019, 08:02:33 pm »
I forget the name and a search is not getting me anywhere but someone once linked me to one of those marathon/donateathon things and the people there had a MAME install with a few dozen games and it would cycle through and them issue various challenges.

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: February 22, 2019, 08:02:56 pm »
Just throwing a bottle in the sea...: porting the official english translation of Romancing SaGa 2 Android vers. into the SFC rom..

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: February 22, 2019, 08:13:25 pm »
Has there been an attempt to uncensor Mortal Kombat 1 for the SNES?

It's only missing some GFX to fully restore the blood and fatalities, and given how the graphics and sound of the SNES version is almost on par with the Arcade one, an uncensor patch for it which restores back the blood and fatalities will make it the definitive console port of Mortal Kombat 1.

And yes, I'm aware there's a hack which changes the palette of the sweat to red, but that's only a palette swap, it still needs GFX changes.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: February 22, 2019, 08:18:56 pm »
"it's only missing some GFX" I think that's a bigger task than it sounds like.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: February 22, 2019, 08:20:43 pm »
"it's only missing some GFX" I think that's a bigger task than it sounds like.
I know :p
Main problem is actually decompressing the GFX :laugh:

Q

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Meow, busy hackers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: February 23, 2019, 09:23:53 am »
Just throwing a bottle in the sea...: porting the official english translation of Romancing SaGa 2 Android vers. into the SFC rom..

That would be a dream come true as I've wanted to play this game for years. Aeon Genesis cancelled their Romancing Saga 2 patch the other day due to the official release, but the visuals in it are such a huge turnoff. I really wish I could just play the original version. On the other hand, I'm not sure who would be willing to invest time in a fairly obscure retro RPG like this if it's already available through other means—and it isn't necessarily a good idea to try to compete with a recently released commercial product.
Sneko, the Super Nintendo Entertainment Kitty, wishes you luck.