News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1198614 times)

arncoem

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5420 on: December 14, 2018, 04:04:15 pm »
I've played a lot of MM2 hacks/patches etc..

The hack that would really like to see is there any way possible to have item 1 going into Heatman, item 2 to start Airman, & item 3 to start Flash ?

Since you obtain those items by defeating those levels is reason why never come across a hack to start the game w/ or obtain them from other levels, et.c.. but could it be possible to have patch that lets you start w/ the 3 items ??

jackic

• View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: December 16, 2018, 10:54:41 am »
Would it be very hard to make Mystical Ninja autoboot in Konami Collection Vol.3 on gameboy?, I have seen such hacks on Vol.1 and 2 and would love to have a localized Goemon Game for gameboy autobootable.

Thanks.

Josephine Lithius

• Lv. 35 Cutemonger
    • View Profile
    • JosephineLithius @ Tumblr
« Reply #5422 on: December 18, 2018, 11:13:40 am »
I'm back, and I have another silly idea.

It has recently come to my attention that Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, much like Super Mario All-Stars, uses a butt-ton of code from the original NES games.  Despite this, there are certain things which are missing from this compilation/upgrade: namely, all three ending credit rolls.
What I propose is a ROM hack which restores these endings.  The credits and music are already in the game.
 They've just had their coding gutted.  As KungFuFirby found out (and, demonstrated), all it takes is some clever copying-and-pasting of ROM data, but I genuinely have no idea how one would go about doing that.

On a related note, I'd also love it if someone could restore the lightning flashes and dark terrain of Ninja Gaiden II Act 3-1, which was sloppily disabled, for no discernible reason.  This would probably be easier than fixing the endings, since it's (probably) a smaller chunk of code.

Just some random ideas to make a less-than-stellar port slightly better.  Cheers!
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephinelithius.tumblr.com )=-

Mario Bros.

• View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: December 19, 2018, 03:14:18 pm »
I Want change the 4 colors mauve by a red in the palettes

Someone can make it ? (i have not the skill ;D ;D ;D ;D)
PS: A bad request's reader is a bad helper

PRG

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5424 on: December 20, 2018, 08:05:13 am »
I'm back, and I have another silly idea.

It has recently come to my attention that Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, much like Super Mario All-Stars, uses a butt-ton of code from the original NES games.  Despite this, there are certain things which are missing from this compilation/upgrade: namely, all three ending credit rolls.
What I propose is a ROM hack which restores these endings.  The credits and music are already in the game.
 They've just had their coding gutted.  As KungFuFirby found out (and, demonstrated), all it takes is some clever copying-and-pasting of ROM data, but I genuinely have no idea how one would go about doing that.

On a related note, I'd also love it if someone could restore the lightning flashes and dark terrain of Ninja Gaiden II Act 3-1, which was sloppily disabled, for no discernible reason.  This would probably be easier than fixing the endings, since it's (probably) a smaller chunk of code.

Just some random ideas to make a less-than-stellar port slightly better.  Cheers!

Also restore some of the parallax effects, such as stage 2-1 in III. And then general bug and performance fixes, decensorship, etc.

And this one is personal preference, maybe replace the password screen SNES controller with the Super Famicom one from the Japanese version.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: December 20, 2018, 01:01:23 pm »
Fate/Unlimited Codes [PS2]:

Make the Main Menu and Arcade Mode being available for both players' sides.

I always wanted to start a new arcade (and challenge Luviagelita and Zero Lancer) from Player 2's side.
Player 2 can't do this, because one of the requirements to face them is no continues.

Also, localization of the script, using the PSP version as base.

Fate/Unlimited Codes [PSP]:

Restore Sachi Tainaka's song, Code, to the overseas versions.

Mario Bros.

• View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: December 20, 2018, 02:47:02 pm »
I Want change the 4 colors mauve by a red in the palettes

Someone can make it ? (i have not the skill ;D ;D ;D ;D)

it's good i have find with help of NESDVEV

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #5427 on: December 20, 2018, 04:51:15 pm »
How about this, replacing the sprites in Advance Wars 2 with those of StarCraft. No doubt the sprites would have to be edited a bit to match the graphics of Advance Wars 2, but it would certainly be nice to see. For example, the infantry unit could be replaced with marines/zealots/zerglings for each respective race. Recon units could be replaced with vultures/dragoons/hydralisks and so forth. No doubt, some unit types would have to be rebalanced to make sure all three races are sufficiently balanced, but I feel it could work. Editing sprites in such a way for Fire Emblem (GBA) would also be a nice way of creating a sort of campaign story mode. It could include hero units such as Jim Raynor and Edmund Duke along with playable generic units as well. Much in the similar way as it was done in Fire Emblem: The Road To Ruin. That hack was certainly a great success for it's originality and unique features (namely, having playable characters alongside generic units in some chapters).
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Mario Bros.

• View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: December 20, 2018, 05:56:08 pm »
a good modif would be of change the f...ckin move of a parallax in Jim power of SNES

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: December 20, 2018, 07:36:00 pm »
It went the "correct" way in the prototype version, so it shouldn't be much of a change.
(they expected players to play with some cardboard 3D glasses included the box. I still need to at some play with those (had them sitting around since forever), but I'm guessing it's not going to improve the game much.
My guess is they changed the scrolling as a marketing gimmick.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Mario Bros.

• View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: December 20, 2018, 10:04:30 pm »
A plan of parralax must have a byte for speed of him scrolling ,perhaps just change this byte with a negative value (80 to 255)

automat1cjack

• View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: December 21, 2018, 02:27:09 am »
As the hack speedrunner who put Rolling Thunder on Speedrun.com I have always wanted to see Rolling Thunder 2 and 3 hacked so that the player movement is as equally speedy as the original (on NES), with no accel/decel cycles whatsoever. The slowed gameplay style of the sequels really takes a lot of the fun out of the game in my opinion, and playing them is like reading a kid a bedtime story as opposed to reading a thrilling novel.

Josephine Lithius

• Lv. 35 Cutemonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: December 21, 2018, 10:02:45 am »
a good modif would be of change the f...ckin move of a parallax in Jim power of SNES
It went the "correct" way in the prototype version ["Buck Rogers: The Arcade Game" ~ J], so it shouldn't be much of a change.
(they expected players to play with some cardboard 3D glasses included the box. I still need to at some play with those (had them sitting around since forever), but I'm guessing it's not going to improve the game much.
My guess is they changed the scrolling as a marketing gimmick.)
I haven't had much luck with narrowing down the scrolling code, myself.  The best I've been able to do is make a code that makes the background completely still, but even that is really janky and doesn't work right.

That being said, I heartily encourage someone to look into this!  It should be as easy as comparing ROM data… but, as I said, I haven't had much luck.

Also restore some of the parallax effects, such as stage 2-1 in [Ninja Gaiden] III. And then general bug and performance fixes, decensorship, etc.

And this one is personal preference, maybe replace the password screen SNES controller with the Super Famicom one from the Japanese version.
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen, myself, but I'd happily settle for just getting the lightning working in Ninja Gaiden II's Act 3-1, heh heh.

Q

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Meow, busy hackers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: December 21, 2018, 02:18:07 pm »

Just play the Buck Rogers: The Arcade Game ROM. It's the beta version of Jim Power. As far as I can tell, it's exactly the same except the title screen is different and the parallax scrolling works correctly.
Sneko, the Super Nintendo Entertainment Kitty, wishes you luck.

Josephine Lithius

• Lv. 35 Cutemonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: December 21, 2018, 05:33:43 pm »
Not quite.

The Buck Rogers prototype seems to be missing some sound effects, almost all the music – aside from this song, which plays on every level – and might even be missing a level or two.  I'm sure there's far more differences, but I'm not really sure what those might be, since I haven't played through any version of Jim Power.

12/22 Edit: Decided to play the thing, for myself.  Yup.  Lotta missing sound effects and all of the music, aside from that one, is gone.  All the levels seem to be there, though… but, the last level seemed like it was missing a platform, so I ended up sacrificing a life to progress.  So, other than that… I suppose that's a way to go.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 07:40:08 pm by Josephine Lithius »

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: December 24, 2018, 09:23:11 am »
First of all, I'd like to say that I'm a big fan of romhacking.
You store in this site really precious jewels.

Then, I'd like to suggest a simple but significant hack for this title - Biker Mice from Mars - wich I consider to be the best racing game on the Super Nintendo. It has the best elements of both Rock'n'Roll Racing and Mario Kart, so I found it to be the number 1 in matter of racing games.

The suggestion is that you alter the "Main Race" mode, so when you destroy an opponent in a race, he stays destroyed until the end of this race (the same should happen for the players, if they were destroyed).

If we select "Battle Race" this already occurs (if you destroy your opponents, they would stay out until the end of that race). The problem is that, in Battle Race, if you're destroyed in one single race, it's game over. And if you select "continue", you lose all the upgrades you bought for your vehicle.

So, this hack of mixing these element of "Battle Race" with "Main Race" would be highly appreciated. Unfortunately I couldn't make this hack, because I'm not a programmer. I wouldn't either know where to start...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:33:23 pm by Nemesis »

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #5436 on: December 24, 2018, 11:01:08 am »
Well, having played Super Smash Bros Ultimate recently, part of me thinks it'd be neat to see a Mario game which uses similar overworld puzzle mechanics there too. I mean, imagine if you could hit switches to open paths on the Super Mario World map, or ride Lapras like the boat in SMB 3 or destroy spirits with cannons or what not.

That sort of thing would be great to see in a hack of Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World.

So yeah, I'd love to see someone add puzzle like mechanics to the overworld for these games, and make a game where the overworld is more than a pretty menu overall.
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

NesDraug

• View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: December 24, 2018, 05:13:12 pm »
Hack A Nightmare on Elm Street (NES). Do something. Anything. It's a descent 4 player platform NES game and someone could tweak it into something amazing! Perhaps make it into a TMNT game? Or anything else with 4 characters. Seinfeld?! The Beatles? Fantastic 4? GHOSTBUSTERS?

Hello! You found my shop of strange and wonderful things!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/nesdraug

#

• View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: December 24, 2018, 05:50:01 pm »
Hack A Nightmare on Elm Street (NES). Do something. Anything. It's a descent 4 player platform NES game and someone could tweak it into something amazing! Perhaps make it into a TMNT game? Or anything else with 4 characters. Seinfeld?! The Beatles? Fantastic 4? GHOSTBUSTERS?

Or tweak it into the Castlevania game it always wanted to be. :)

edited to prevent double post:
The suggestion is that you alter the "Main Race" mode, so when you destroy an opponent in a race, he stays destroyed until the end of this race (the same should happen for the players, if they were destroyed).

If we select "Battle Race" this already occurs (if you destroy your opponents, they would stay out until the end of that race). The problem is that, in Battle Race, if you're destroyed in one single race, it's game over. And if you select "continue", you lose all the upgrades you bought for your vehicle.

So, this hack of mixing these element of "Battle Race" with "Main Race" would be highly appreciated. Unfortunately I couldn't make this hack, because I'm not a programmer. I wouldn't either know where to start...
If you alter the Main Race mode like you suggest, it would simply be an alternative Battle Race. Wouldn't it be better to just fix Battle Race by either adding multiple lives or to simply no longer lose the upgrades if you choose to continue?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 06:40:55 pm by # »

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: December 24, 2018, 11:05:37 pm »
If you alter the Main Race mode like you suggest, it would simply be an alternative Battle Race. Wouldn't it be better to just fix Battle Race by either adding multiple lives or to simply no longer lose the upgrades if you choose to continue?

That would work fine too. But I guess my suggestion could be easier to mod, since you wouldn't have to change the rules of the tournament and etc.
Also, I think that just in the Hard Mode of "Main Race" you'll be able to race in all the stages of this game.

You would just have to see what vallues are different in the races of "Main Race" and of "Battle Race" and copy and paste, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:36:49 pm by Nemesis »