News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2468139 times)

RealGaea

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5260 on: October 25, 2018, 09:56:36 am »
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (N64):

Now that the 1995-05-13 prototype was dumped and released, it contains a playable MK3 Sub-zero and Kahn's Arnea (with a sweet easter egg), a ROM expansion to include them (as well with a BGM fix) in the final versions could be possible.

Zanemato

• View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: October 25, 2018, 02:04:58 pm »
Hi everyone,

An uncensored version of Deja Vu on Nes would be so great !

Here's a link about all censored things in the game:

https://tcrf.net/Deja_Vu_(NES)

Have a great day !

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: October 25, 2018, 03:01:24 pm »
Back to the Pokemon Platinum: Sinnoh Dex Edition idea I had posted about way back.  I did some research in my spare time.

There actually aren't very many version exclusives not in Platinum; the only ones actually missing are Stunky/Glameow and Murkrow/Misdreavus (the latter pair which Pal Park would take care of pretty quick), along with fossils still being selective in the Underground.  The main work would be in enabling evolutions and event items.  The former of which a randomizer can do without turning on any actual randomization, and the latter can be done via Mystery Gift (one way or another).

So... viability?  If I'm counting Pal Park being able to ship over everything else, there's not a whole lot to do.  But is it worth it?  I dunno.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:21:56 pm by Chronosplit »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: October 25, 2018, 08:58:21 pm »
An uncensored version of Deja Vu on Nes would be so great !
You know the original Mac version is on Steam, right?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: October 25, 2018, 08:59:42 pm »

Now that the 1996-05-13 prototype was dumped and released, it contains a playable MK3 Sub-zero and Kahn's Arnea (with a sweet easter egg), a ROM expansion to include them (as well with a BGM fix) in the final versions could be possible.

Including restore Goro, Kintaro, MK1 Raiden, MK1 Kano, MK2 Kung Lao & Chameleon from the PSX port.

I want to see restoration hacks for all the DS Pokemon games that will restore the original Male Swimmer sprites, Jynx's original colors, the slot machines and anything else that got censored.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 01:23:48 am by SCD »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5265 on: October 26, 2018, 01:02:28 pm »
Restoring the slot machines in EU Platinum and HGSS (what I understand are the affected games) is probably doable since I read, in the latter, it was simply a warp replacement in the later (reportedly the relevant text was even translated).

But adding them to Gen V, probably not since they would probably have to be completely programmed in.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: October 26, 2018, 01:47:40 pm »
Im not sure what the state of Final Fantasy 8 hacking is at the moment, but I'd like to see a GF to Waifu hack, basically replace every instance of GF in the text with Waifu, and swap the models and animations of each for a custom model based on various best girls, it would be worth it just to see them trying to dramatically explain how Waifus take up part of your brain.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: October 27, 2018, 11:01:32 pm »
Including restore Goro, Kintaro, MK1 Raiden, MK1 Kano, MK2 Kung Lao & Chameleon from the PSX port.
No, that's a lot of work. Better taking things that were already IN.

Arcade Gears - Wonder 3 (PSX)

There's two SFX that are swapped in "Midnight Wanderers" and "Chariot" when picking up coins. Also LOCALIZATION.

Captain Commando (PSX)

I don't know if it's the emu. But Dolg sprites are glitched. Also LOCALIZATION!

Metal Slug X (PSX)

Restore the Blood Color. For BOTH USA and Europe Versions.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: October 28, 2018, 06:02:59 am »
No, that's a lot of work. Better taking things that were already IN.

I think adding all the missing characters back to the N64 port shouldn't be that hard to do.

Arcade Gears - Wonder 3 (PSX)
There's two SFX that are swapped in "Midnight Wanderers" and "Chariot" when picking up coins. Also LOCALIZATION.

Swapping the two SFX around should be easy.

Captain Commando (PSX)
I don't know if it's the emu. But Dolg sprites are glitched. Also LOCALIZATION!

It's probably the emulator, because I didn't see any glitches when I was playing it on my PSX.

Metal Slug X (PSX)
Restore the Blood Color. For BOTH USA and Europe Versions.

Another hack that I want to see for it is a color hack that will change the colors of the background stages back to their MS2 colors and also change the colors of the MS1 bosses back to their MS1 colors as well.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: October 29, 2018, 04:14:41 pm »
So I found that addresses 02025688 to 020256EB (In VBA) controls whether or not you know what a card combination does in Castlevania Circle of the Moon. With that in mind, what are the odds that someone might be able to cook a hack that reveals all card combos by default?

UPDATE: Managed to cook up a Codebreaker that does the job without disclosing the cards themselves, only revealing the results of possible combinations:
42025688 0101
00000063 0001
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 04:45:31 pm by Tsukiyomaru0 »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: October 29, 2018, 05:51:38 pm »
Has anyone attempted to port the first two Gran Turismo games' japanese soundtrack to the english versions?

For those not in the know, the soundtrack is extremely different between the two versions.  The japanese versions feature entirely original jazz fusion music tracks.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: October 31, 2018, 01:37:14 pm »
huh, well there's an interesting idea... could someone make a romhack (or 3) to have X in the MMX games (at least 1-3) change his appearance like in MM11 based on which boss weapon is being used? you know, have his appearance take on more aspects of each boss than a mere palette swap.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: October 31, 2018, 02:21:07 pm »
It's probably also going to be A LOT more complicated than a palette swap as well.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: October 31, 2018, 05:04:54 pm »
huh, well there's an interesting idea... could someone make a romhack (or 3) to have X in the MMX games (at least 1-3) change his appearance like in MM11 based on which boss weapon is being used? you know, have his appearance take on more aspects of each boss than a mere palette swap.

This would take an asinine amount of work. The way the X games handle graphics is nowhere near as simple as other games so this would take a horrendous amount of work and ROM space. Even adding palettes is awful if you're adding a brand new one instead of overwriting.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

azul120

• View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: October 31, 2018, 08:41:32 pm »
Not sure if this has been entered in this thread, but an enemy party hack for the 3d remake of Final Fantasy III (DS, but hopefully also the other ports).

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: October 31, 2018, 09:13:52 pm »
On an MMX related note, I've been toying with the idea of stringing all the levels together into a Metroid style worldmap on both Mega Man 1 and Mega Man X, I'm not even remotely close to being able to hack SNES games though, so I don't know how doable that would be, required extensive level modification aside, of course.

It's also sorta awkward the way wall climbing works, If it were possible to just cling on and motor up or down the wall that would be cool.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: November 01, 2018, 01:18:54 am »

Now that the 1995-05-13 prototype was dumped and released, it contains a playable MK3 Sub-zero and Kahn's Arnea (with a sweet easter egg), a ROM expansion to include them (as well with a BGM fix) in the final versions could be possible.

Oh heck YES! I'd want that done! I don't think adding in the PSX/Saturn/PC stuff not present in the N64 version is possible without fixing the sprites too.

I don't know if anyone suggested or has considered a title screen hack of Bare Knuckle III just so it says Streets of Rage 3 to go along with the translation on this site in English.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: November 01, 2018, 05:58:09 am »
For Super Mario Bros., randomize which castle the Princess is in. This randomization process would be done in-game if possible, maybe on the edition with Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet. We select which world to start from the title screen, a feature that already exists from game completion. If Toad is rescued, we return to the title screen to select another world. If the Princess is found, her location will be randomized again and we return to the title screen to look for her again.

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: November 01, 2018, 10:28:10 am »
Some hack suggestions:

Nightmare on Elm Street (NES)

There is plenty of hacks of Friday the 13th, but i could not found a single one of Nightmare on Elm Street.

Some sprite editing to make the enemies a bit more threatening than halloween style ghosts would be nice, and maybe make Freddy a bit harder if possible.

Goonies 2 (NES)

The script is a little stilted and some hints are very vague, so a rewriting of the text to be a bit more natural would be nice.

Ducktales 1 & 2 NES -

Give Scrooge Mcduck and the beagle boys their cartoon color scheme.

Ducktales 2 NES -

Fix the diaglogue so Gyro and launchpad call Scrooge mr . Mcduck or Mr- Mc-D like the original.

Bionic Commando NES -

The no censorship hack is awesome, so now the only thing bugging me is that the Nazi's are wearing neon pink uniforms, a fix to give them grey, black or brown uniforms would improve.

Robocop NES -

a simple palette hack to make Murphy grey instead of blue.

Godzilla NES -

if someone could get rid of that stupid time limit, this game would be much better.

Castlevania 3 NES -

A sprite edit of Trevor to make him look a bit more like his PS2 Appearance

The Adventures of Bayou Billy NES -

I really like the mad city version with it's much easier difficulty, but i miss the sound effects and the graphics from the american version, so a simple difficult hack to the american version would be superb.

Back to the future NES -

Well it will still not be a better game, but the music in game is the power of love sped up to unrecognisable. A slow down of the music, and a simple sprite hack to make the ingame person look more like Marty, and it would atleast look a bit more like Back to the future.

partly Fixed - pacnsacdave made a hack http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2638/

Double Dragon 1-3 NES

A simple change of Billy and Jimmy's hair just to make them more accurate.

Super Mario World - SNES

With all of the Super Mario World hacks, i am surprised to see that no one has atempted to restore the Koopalings to their super mario bros 3 colors.

Wizards and Warriors 1-3 NES

I have always wondered why the in game sprite of Kuros look nothing like the artwork, don't know if it can be done, but a sprite hack of Kuros to make him look more conanesque like the artwork would be cool.

Also fixing the horrible hit detection in Wizards & Warrirors 2 would improve that game a lot.

Battle Toads NES -

Just a simple shades and Gloves hack to Different between Zits and Rash.

Toki NES -

Change the sprite of Toki to look more like the Arcade version

Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge

I would like to see a graphical overhaul of Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge.

When the precursor game looks better, you have done something wrong.

Top Gear SNES

I was watching Top Gear, and thought that now when the original trio is no longer on the show, how about a hack of the Top Gear game?

Some things that can be changed is:

Exchange the Title Music to a arranged version of Jessica.

Exhange the racer character to the Stig and one of his cousins as player 2

Change the speech bubbles to quotes from the show like "Oh Cock" "How hard could it be?" and "Pooooweeeer!"

The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

After i've been trying Killerbob's awesome Loz Relocalized hack, i've would really like a relocalization of Legend of Zelda 2 as well, making the script a bit less stilted and more natural, and once for all solve the mystery of Bug & Error which got lost in the original localization.

Final Fantasy II NES

Final Fantasy II NES - Give Firion an 8-bit version of his Final Fantasy Origins sprite, and also make his portrait match that sprite.

Ghosts N Goblins NES

Since i'm a bit alergic to engrish, i would love to have a hack for Ghosts N' Goblins for NES to rewrite the bad engrish in the game.

Partly Fixed - Ghosts 'n Goblins Proofread by Mister Xiado. take care of the Engrish

If it also could be combined with WolfTeam22 Makai-Mura AC - (Arcade Conversion) hack it would be super. By the way implement atleast some continues to this version, the NES version was brutal but atleast you could practice, The Arcade conversion is so brutal you wont see it coming.

Thats all of my hack ideas.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:01:58 pm by jimstrom »

SoraofPen

• View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: November 02, 2018, 02:51:10 pm »
A simple concept: a Super Metroid hack that places Samus in Dracula's Castle from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. All equivalent items in Super Metroid are placed in the locations of their SotN counterparts and any items that have no equivalent in SotN are placed where they can be utilized as early as possible. It should have both the normal Castle and the inverted Castle. The shop in the Library should become the map station. Ridley should replace the Richter/Shaft fight. There should be an escape sequence from Dracula's Castle after the Mother Brain fight (escape the inverted castle and make it out of the normal castle onto Samus's Ship).

The main reason I want this is so I can shinespark around Dracula's Castle, but I also think it has some merit for speedrunners who like both Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. How cool would it be to find Crocomire in Dracula's Basement? Kraid just before the Clock Tower? Etc.

This would also be a great example of a world not meant for the character you're playing as. I wouldn't mind some kind of vice versa with Alucard running around Zebes, but that would probably be harder to make.