News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2706964 times)

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5040 on: July 31, 2018, 12:02:14 pm »
Wild Guns (SNES):

- Change cursor color for player 2 since both, player 1 and 2, have the same blue color.

At first I thought "wow, at last, a simple and easy-to-do change that might improve the game". Then I checked a video and, er...

https://youtu.be/VH2I_QQa2Po

Am I wrong, or are the two players using pink and blue reticles, as well as having the 1UP and 2UP icons in different positions? :huh:

mamertos

• View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: July 31, 2018, 01:09:48 pm »
At first I thought "wow, at last, a simple and easy-to-do change that might improve the game". Then I checked a video and, er...

https://youtu.be/VH2I_QQa2Po

Am I wrong, or are the two players using pink and blue reticles, as well as having the 1UP and 2UP icons in different positions? :huh:

You're right, but the pink recticle displais only when you got a new gun. Other minor difference is that the player 2 cursor flickers all the time. The solution could be to change that insane flicker effect for a permanent color instead, green for example.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:24:38 pm by mamertos »

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: July 31, 2018, 02:28:15 pm »
Considering nearly all of Sega's "answers" to Nintendo games were subpar at best, I would like/prefer to see what someone in the homebrew community can do to push the Mega Drive with a Metroidvania game.
Yeah.

Also, I specifically mention a Metroid-like metroidvania platformer, because the Sega Genesis already had their own Castlelevania game called Castlevania - Bloodlines/Castlevania - The New Generation.

Gary_Oak

• View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: July 31, 2018, 04:57:24 pm »
While playing Shantae for the Game Boy Color, I found it inconvenient for attack and running to be mapped to the same button (B). It would be nice if running could be enabled by default on the status/options menu (something akin to auto-run in most 90s FPS games).

Another good thing would be for the field of view to be zoomed out as I find the game to be a bit claustrophobic in terms of navigation. A mini-map screen could work as well.

Thermoptic

• View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: August 01, 2018, 09:11:50 am »
In the romhack "Super Mario Unlimited" https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/875/ they managed to include the boost bounce jump from Smb3 that you get when you land on an enemy and hold the jump button. Does anyone know if there is a clean patch that only includes this super jump? Or maybe someone that could make this hack and release it? Would be perfect to combine with other hacks.

Thanks!

tyrannies

• View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: August 01, 2018, 02:11:29 pm »
Hi there! Popping in to request a difficulty hack for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on PSP. I remember buying it when it came out, then putting it down immediately because it was way too easy. A shame since this remake looks gorgeous.

Maybe not as crazy difficult as Working Designs' releases of the Lunar games back on the PS1, but something more balanced.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:20:01 pm by tyrannies »

JJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: August 01, 2018, 05:15:20 pm »

9.  SMB with graphics from later games has been done many times

11. Check out BS Zelda for a 16 bit Zelda 1 experience

12. Not SNES, but MegaMan 1-3 have 16 bit versions on Genesis/MD

13. There are pirate Donkey Kong country NES games, not very good though

15. Tecmo Bowl has plenty of roster based hacks

16. There is a pirate MegaMan X3

17. Super Mario Bros is on Sega Genesis/MD, that's as close as you're going to get

20. There's already a decent Yellow pirate that has been further enhanced and translated on the NES

21. There's already a Sonic pirate on the NES

Thanks for the reply.  I found the Tecmo Bowl hack.  Is there a specific SMB with 2 / 3 graphics rom you'd recommend?  And any Jeopardy / Wheel of Fortune hacks?

And is there a Mario 1/3 hack with Toad and Princess as a playable character?

August 01, 2018, 09:14:56 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Is there a hack for Super Mario (NES), SMB3, or Super Mario World adding Toadstool, Princess Peach, and/or Daisy, Wario, Waluigi?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:14:56 pm by JJohnson »

dark-tower

• View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: August 02, 2018, 09:49:20 am »
Kunio Kun no Nekketsu Soccer:
can "1p"  be the "gk" in story mod, decides just the pass or shot teammades??? it will be very sadisfying for who loves to be the gk!!!

Combusto Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: August 02, 2018, 11:53:23 am »
how about make Mighty the Armadillo for Streets of Rage 2?

dme3adam

• View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: August 04, 2018, 08:42:58 am »
So how was it??? By this date & time... Hope we can really edit/modify the game graphics!

I really love to make Freya's attack pinkish or prismatic colored, make Frei by mixing her sprites to Freya's sprites colored to brown, or maybe for the best replace Freya's sprites with Valkyrie's sprites so we can see Valkyrie floats (jumping sprite) teleports & attacks (blocking & pushing, backdash sprites) just as powerful as Goddess Freya.

I also like to replace Valkyrie's Spread Shot & Tri-Blast arrows sprites with circle/oval wisp sprites from Freya's attack or Nibelung Valesti explosion, replace Infinity Blast with bluish Aiming Wisp (Llewelyn's), and every arrows attack with sound similar to Prismatic Missile.

I also would love to use Hrist/Dark Valkyrie's sprites & palette. THERE WAS A YOUTUBE VIDEO ENTITLED: "Valkyrie Final Secret" BY USER: cuongeke, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X0f1qFE8cig. I don't know how he hacked Dark Valkyrie or if it's really a game's secret or bug feature.

It would also be great if we can change Brahms' & other characters' as well to use their winning pose as their fighting/battle stance... I also... etc...!!!

JJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: August 04, 2018, 11:19:41 am »
My idea: Mortal Kombat Trilogy for SNES, with Khameleon, Chameleon, Cyber Smoke, Human Smoke, MK1/2/3 ninja costumes as options depending on the button you press when selecting the character.  Includes Ermac, Rain, Noob Saibot, Jade, Tanya, Tremor, Skarlet, Frost, Triborg, and Ruby, along with the regular characters.  Costumes are selectable via the button you press on the character.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #5051 on: August 04, 2018, 08:09:36 pm »
My idea: Mortal Kombat Trilogy for SNES, with Khameleon, Chameleon, Cyber Smoke, Human Smoke, MK1/2/3 ninja costumes as options depending on the button you press when selecting the character.  Includes Ermac, Rain, Noob Saibot, Jade, Tanya, Tremor, Skarlet, Frost, Triborg, and Ruby, along with the regular characters.  Costumes are selectable via the button you press on the character.

I'd stick with Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Sure, it's not the SNES, but it's hard to beat. Here's my review:
https://youtu.be/DfoH9AJ0oLI

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: August 05, 2018, 02:19:44 am »
I still want to see a hack for the N64 port of Mortal Kombat Trilogy that will extend the memory space of the ROM to 64MB, this way someone can restore all the missing PSX/Saturn content back to it.

I also want to see these hacks as well:

A color hack for the arcade port of Marvel Super Heroes that will change the default colors of Shuma-Gorath for his sprites, portraits, intro and ending to his green colors and make his pink colors as one of his alternate colors.

A hack for the American version of Super Mario Deluxe that will add all the improvements from the Japanese version to it: https://tcrf.net/Super_Mario_Bros._Deluxe#Regional_Differences

Undub hacks for Brave Fencer Musashi & Tail Corcerto.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:00:35 am by SCD »

mamertos

• View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: August 05, 2018, 04:56:00 am »
Ogre Battle: The march of the Black Queen (SNES):

- In the JAP version of the game (Densetsu no Ogre Battle), you can press select button in a battle to open a window with tarot cards features in its own menu. I don't know why this was remove in the US version since is very helpful to check tarot cards effect in a battle. So my idea is to restore that feature from the JAP version.

LuckxD

• View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: August 06, 2018, 02:51:34 am »
I think Demon's Crest is perfect, except for one little thing: menuing

It would be possible to use L or R to cycle through the transformations and flames? Or a more simple menu like in Shantae dances?

talos91

• View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: August 06, 2018, 10:56:47 am »
We really need fully colorized versions of the Megaman gameboy games, a few have tried:
https://youtu.be/SYaQtlUt3JQ

Animation Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: August 06, 2018, 12:22:33 pm »
We really need fully colorized versions of the Megaman gameboy games, a few have tried:
I've been waiting a long time for someone to do this.

Saw the title of the video here, and it gave me an idea of my own.  If anyone ever colorizes the Gameboy Mega Man games, can you also throw in the title screen change to Mega Man WORLD so there isn't that title confusion anymore between these and the NES games?

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: August 06, 2018, 04:34:09 pm »
And the GameBoy Castlevania games.

Animation Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: August 06, 2018, 04:44:51 pm »
And the GameBoy Castlevania games.
Those exist, actually...

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2473/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2474/

But as long as we're on that topic, there's a slight bug in these autoboot hacks.  if you soft-reset (A/B/Select/Start), it boots you out into the Konami GB Collection title screen.

mushguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: August 07, 2018, 08:48:02 am »
Here's an idea I've always wanted to see in a Pokémon hack: There are already a good number of hacks of Pokémon BW and Pokémon BW2, however there are yet to be hacks with all the downloadable content hardcoded into the rom, such as C-gear skins and Musicals. The latter would make it a lot easier for us to finally rip the Musical BGMs into the 2SF format and make the 2SF sets finally complete. Has anyone thought of giving this a try?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:30:57 pm by mushguy »