News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1015258 times)

nanashi89

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4940 on: June 12, 2018, 09:53:31 pm »
Hello?

I have a family member that enjoys "Fire N' Ice" on the NES.

Can someone make a hack with brand new levels, but the same difficulty? I'd really appreciate it, and I thought they might enjoy it, too...

Thanks in advance!

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: June 13, 2018, 02:01:46 am »
not really a hack request but i was just browsing around and remembered a psx game i'd love to be able to play in english called Gangway Monsters. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/572971-gangway-monsters

maybe a translation team could get around to this title some day.

iirc it's a good game though that's going off memory of a demo disc i played many years ago.

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: June 13, 2018, 05:28:54 am »
Sorry for bumping this, but I really don't want it to be ignored...

The contents of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection are able to be extracted thanks to QuickBMS:http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

Which got me wondering: You think you guys would be able to convert the VROM and related files of all the games from the collection to become usable in MAME / FBA / etc. ? That would be EXTREMELY beneficial to people like me who'd like to play the games in said emulators and even try out FightCade, but don't want to resort to illegal downloading...

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #4943 on: June 13, 2018, 06:46:40 am »
Sorry for bumping this, but I really don't want it to be ignored...

Maybe there's a reason it was ignored? :huh: (just so you know, 99% of ideas in this thread are ignored - think of it as a shout into the void)

So you want someone to extract the ROMs from an official collection of ROMs so you can end up with the same ROMs you could've "illegally" downloaded for the last twenty years? Is there really much point in doing this? If you've already paid for the collection, I think your conscience is clear.

I'll never understand this mentality, like people who use the Retron 5. "I can only use a ROM that I dumped myself, otherwise I feel dirty". At least there's SOME kind of logic to this since it's a new release, unlike people who can't understand that buying a used cartridge and downloading a ROM benefit the publishers in exactly the same way: not at all.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #4944 on: June 13, 2018, 09:11:17 am »
How are those ROMS different than the already existing ROMs from the 90's?

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: June 13, 2018, 10:20:23 am »
Months ago I proposed a color restore for "Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX".
(As well offering a Super Probotector optional Patch for the EUR region).

There's something else I want to fix: the death cries of Jimbo and Sully. They're the wrong ones.

https://youtu.be/mEse35N0c7M?t=12m29s

The ones they gave them in the GBA sounds like a baby cry. The right ones are from these enemies in 12:36. If anyone can swap those sound adresses, it would be fine.

EDIT: They're ACTUALLY swapped. What the hell, Konami.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:28:25 pm by RealGaea »

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: June 13, 2018, 11:21:50 am »
Maybe there's a reason it was ignored? :huh: (just so you know, 99% of ideas in this thread are ignored - think of it as a shout into the void)

So you want someone to extract the ROMs from an official collection of ROMs so you can end up with the same ROMs you could've "illegally" downloaded for the last twenty years? Is there really much point in doing this? If you've already paid for the collection, I think your conscience is clear.

I'll never understand this mentality, like people who use the Retron 5. "I can only use a ROM that I dumped myself, otherwise I feel dirty". At least there's SOME kind of logic to this since it's a new release, unlike people who can't understand that buying a used cartridge and downloading a ROM benefit the publishers in exactly the same way: not at all.

Sir, thank you SO much for smacking sense into me!
All right then. From now on I'll download off the Internet whatever I already legitimately own, in one form or another...

eskayelle

• View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: June 13, 2018, 06:10:55 pm »
Personally, I'd love to see a team give NBA Jam TE the Tecmo Bowl treatment, i.e., an annual update.  Sort of akin to what emiller did with that great NBA Jam 2K17 hack but taking it a step or two further.

Maybe...
1) Compensate for the 27 teams in the game versus the total in the league today by sitting the last place team in the "Rookies" spot and the current champs in the "All-Stars" spot.  This way, you have to beat 27 teams to access the champs (gotta earn them!), and you don't have to use the worst team any more.
2) Take a market that has more than one team, and combine them so you can fit the expansions.  Use a "Los Angeles" team and slot in the Clippers and Lakers (cut the logos in half and put both in the Team Select screen for a nice effect.  Maybe do the same for Knicks/Nets.
3) Sort the 27 teams to beat such that you play them from worst to first, based on the most recent end-of-season league standings and playoff standings.  Since you only can play through 27 teams (unless there were an ASM hack to increase this), cut out the lowest performers.
4) Update secret characters annually with each release (but reasonably limit the number of secret characters in favor of a larger roster of current players).
5) Update team names and logos to correspond with the current year.
6) Fix a bug or two from the original game (Grand Champions screen, injuries tally)

Can I get a "BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!"?

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: June 13, 2018, 07:21:20 pm »
This is a bit of a nitpick for such an amazing game, but the "cursor move" sound in Star Ocean can get incredibly annoying, especially considering all the time spent customizing characters in the menus. It'd be wonderful to have a patch compatible with the translation that would change that sound to something less high pitched/more subtle.
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

- complaint in the margin of a medieval manuscript

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: June 14, 2018, 04:54:45 pm »
There's the learnable Rage hack - https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1371/

Could something like this be applied to the GBA version? Or the code for the two versions are too different?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: June 16, 2018, 05:10:29 am »
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube): A hack that will do all this to it:

Restore all the missing Japanese dialogues for Fox, Falco & Mewtwo.
Restore the missing Tamagon, Mario & Yoshi and Samus Unmasked trophies.
Restore the Japanese versions of the Motion Sensor Bomb & Topi trophies.
Rename the Motion-Sensor Bomb trophy to be called Proximity Mine once again.

Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock (Sony PlayStation): With those Complete Disassembly tools that got released a while ago, I would like to see someone restore the original Licker cutscene that shows a head falling down to a pool of blood.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:16:57 am by SCD »

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: June 16, 2018, 06:50:40 am »
Speaking of Super Smash Bros. hacks, how about hacking the N64 game to allow us to choose the full range of alternate colors? Instead of being tied to the C-buttons, make it so that they cycle through the color choices instead. That way, we could freely use...

• Mario's Green Team color scheme.
  • Donkey Kong's Green Team color scheme.
  • Samus's Blue Team color scheme.
  • Yoshi's two color schemes exclusive to the Yoshi Team (Pink and Purple).
  • Kirby's Green Team color scheme.
  • Captain Falcon's Green Team and Blue Team color schemes.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: June 16, 2018, 07:46:26 am »
That's a cool idea, I like it.

Other things that I want to see be done to this game is:

Restore Fox's two missing Japanese dialogues.
Restore the original attack sound effects.
Restore the original beam sword sound effects.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: June 16, 2018, 12:27:34 pm »
Castlevania 1 and 3 ideas:
  • Remove timer and lives, but checkpoints are more spaced and marked.
  • Instead of 1-ups, you are rewarded with full health and magic.
  • Hearts are replaced by a 24x8 Magic bar which holds 24MP and slowly refills at the rate of 1 point every 10 or 5 seconds. As such, subweapons now have uses 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 for knife, axe, holy water, cross and stopwatch respectively. Hearts can be still obtained to regain 4 points of magic.
  • SRAM Saving and Easy Mode (ends in 1 loop, enemies and bosses causes less damage and knockback is removed).
  • Subweapon multipliers allows two to be shot at once and, at III, changes the behavior of them, with stopwatch unaffected until the third multiplier. The behavior change is: Knife goes through multiple enemies, axe flies farther, holy water causes the fire to float up and farther slowly, cross  destroys most enemies, stopwatch stops time for twice longer.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: June 16, 2018, 01:53:49 pm »
I'd be amazed if someone did a MSU-1 hack of the Maui Mallard game. The soundtrack from the PC game itself is amazing.

Bonkers!

• View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: June 16, 2018, 04:17:30 pm »
A hack/conversion of GB Super Mario Bros. DX for the NES (without the printery bits, obviously). It would include the Japanese SMB 2 in its entirety. Probably one heck of a project, but I'm sure that there are quite a few peeps who would love to see such a hack. I know I would.

Uncensored SNES Lethal Enforcers would also be cool.

PokePress

• View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: June 16, 2018, 09:49:53 pm »
So, I have this spoof hack idea for taking "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" and converting it into "Weird Al's Punch Out!!". Now, before I get too far in, let me just say I am in no way endorsing beating up Weird Al (at least in real life). I just thought it would be really cool to create a hack based on his many years of work. Basically, you'd still be Little Mac, and you'd be fighting various personas of Al and various side characters within his works. Here are some ideas:

Characters:
Doc Louis: Prince or Coolio would be obvious choices, but I think R.J. Fletcher (the bad guy from UHF who runs Channel 8 in that movie) might work better with the original sprites.
Glass Joe: I thought we might base this off Al's appearance in "Living With A Hernia". I suppose it's either this or try to pull from "Genius In France" somehow.
King Hippo: "Fat" Al-who else?
Don Flamenco: White & Nerdy Al?
Bald Bull: Bald Al (from the "Gump" video)
Great Tiger: Gandhi II (segment from UHF)
Super Macho Man: Conan the Librarian (segment from UHF)
Mike Tyson: "Rambo Fantasy" Al (from UHF)
Mario: Harvey the Wonder Hamster or Dr. Demento

Text:
Naturally, we'd pull relevant lines from the source works and use those in the inter-round breaks-"Fat" Al would say "I'm too much man for you to take!", Gandhi II would say "Gimme a steak, medium rare!", etc.

Music:
Rather than just change the pre-fight cues, I'd like to create full chiptune versions of the relevant songs and have them play throughout the fight. Also, we should try to work "Polkamon" in there-perhaps during the jogging scenes.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: June 17, 2018, 12:09:35 am »
With the recent released undub hacks for the PSX ports of Mega Man 8 & Mega Man X4, I would like to see someone make ones for the Saturn ports of both games.

I also would like to see someone make undub hacks for these Mega Man games as well:

Mega Man Legends (Including restore the original magazine item.)
Mega Man Legends 2
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Mega Man Powered Up (Including restore Oil Man's original colors.)
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

gustavocomvoce

• View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: June 17, 2018, 11:57:36 am »
It's time to make the megaman 1 remake. Keep the same stage as the old bosses and add two extras. It would add a castle and a stage proper for the revenge of the bosses. Megaman2 engine.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: June 17, 2018, 01:41:08 pm »
Reassign the color selection in Street Fighter ALPHA/ZERO 3 Upper for the GBA.

I think it's a nuisance to press L+B to get the canon color (A/Z-ISM punch)

Current:
A-ISM, Punch: L+B
A-ISM, Kick: R+A
X-ISM, Punch: L
X-ISM, Kick: R
V-ISM, Punch: B
V-ISM, Kick: A

Proposed:
A-ISM, Punch: A
A-ISM, Kick: B
X-ISM, Punch: L
X-ISM, Kick: L+B