News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2708842 times)

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4920 on: June 07, 2018, 08:36:01 pm »
The contents of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection are able to be extracted thanks to QuickBMS:http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

Which got me wondering: You think you guys would be able to convert the VROM and related files of all the games from the collection to become usable in MAME / FBA / etc. ? That would be EXTREMELY beneficial to people like me who'd like to play the games in said emulators and even try out FightCade, but don't want to resort to illegal downloading...

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: June 08, 2018, 10:56:02 am »
A 60hz NTSC hack of Flink (Genesis) that keeps the game speed and sound pitch (it runs too fast on NTSC and is harder).

A hack of Ninja Gaiden Trilogy to change the button layout (so that Y and B are attack and jump, instead of B and A).

For Ninja Gaiden, that and also fixing the sound so it doesn't hurt my ears.

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: June 08, 2018, 02:21:05 pm »
NES Super Turrican optimized for NTSC, and Street Fighter Alpha 2 decompressed

RobbDiamond

• View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: June 08, 2018, 02:30:46 pm »
Hey guys!!
I'm totally new here  :D

Is there anyone who knows if someone did a hack of the Mario Bros Arcade game that is in the battle mode of SMB 3 which is in Super Mario All-Star?
Or if anyone knows if someone is working on this or interested into doing it?

Something with more options, like to be able to play for less than 6 stars or maybe different difficulty settings,
anything really, that would be awesome.

Or maybe a SMW hack that would be a similar game could be even better.

I still play this game with friends, and I would love to bring this to an arcade bar and start to do friendly competition. It's just simple gameplay with a nice balance between luck and skills. (locks, coins run, platforming)

Anyways, thanx guys!! I appreciate, take care

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: June 08, 2018, 04:09:04 pm »
I recalled something that a certain PS1 game that really needs a revamp in difficulty, and that game is Wild Arms 2. I couldn't believe how dirt easy the game was, and even the final boss was a complete joke.

Fixing this crucial issue would be a godsend.

deaddrool

• View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: June 09, 2018, 03:18:35 pm »
Can you make the transition from balance to chaos into an item? Like the idea of a summons based rpg were you get the strongest summons right off the bat. Only problem is you can never control it so it goes into world of chaos if used.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: June 09, 2018, 05:36:31 pm »
Here's a good idea -

One thing that really annoyed me in Crystalis is that once you get the Crystalis Sword, you could not longer exit the final area.

How fun would it be to be able to revisit places in the world while smashing up enemies with your new sword?

So ya, the ability to exit (and re-enter) the Sky Palace once you obtain the Crystalis Sword would be a great idea for a hack!
I'm curious what other games have this "issue". Quest 64 is another one, with no way out of Mammon's world after saving there. Super Metroid is fixed.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: June 09, 2018, 08:03:34 pm »
Here's something that popped into my head recently. It's not necessarily an idea for a specific hack, but...
Has anyone ever attempted to hack Mario Paint?
I'd be curious to see what's going on under the hood. I bet there's at least some unrealized potential in terms of what can be created with it, like animation cycles beyond 9 repeating cells.
Might be fun to try to splice a different game into the "coffee break," too.
Is it even possible? Do emulators in general (and hacking emulators, specifically) have support for the SNES mouse?
Would anyone care enough, given what more can be done with readily available computer software, to check out the final product? probably not. It would be the kind of thing where the journey is its own destination, I guess.
I might have tried it if I had any time at all, but I don't even have enough to devote to working on any of my "current" works in progress.  :'(
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

Warrior Of Light

• View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: June 10, 2018, 12:56:02 am »
I'd like to see a text cleanup / restoration of Soul Blazer. After reading these notes of the original unwatered-down version:
https://www.terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2368

Hello Sluffy, i like your Snes hacks with Slowdown Removes (Lost Vikings II), i have many hacks with color enhancement (Street Fighter 2 and Captain Command for exemple), and my hack of Super R-type have new backgrounds animations, where the background gets the flashing lighting.

https://youtu.be/-wojnYaXwqw?t=65

You can remove the Slowdowns for me ? It would be an interesting partnership because I also have other hacks.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: June 10, 2018, 04:21:56 am »
Okay, it has been a long time since I last sent a suggestion here.

I was wading through the Final Fantasy VI hack sections for both the SNES and GBA versions and realized that almost nothing is related to changing how Gau learns his Rages. All I found was, on the SNES, an expansion to Gau's Rage and Relm's Sketch, and the fact that Brave New World shortened Gau's Rage command count to 64.

What I wanted to know if there isn't some means to make the whole learning process for his Rages (Which, due to massive randomness, may take hours upon hours upon hours and suck the entire fun out of the game due to how bad a case of padding it is) easier or at least way less random, making life easier for completionists or just those who like Gau. And of course, if such a maneuver could be applied for both versions of the game.

Well, it doesn't kill to leave the idea floating around.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: June 10, 2018, 11:14:50 am »
Okay, it has been a long time since I last sent a suggestion here.

I was wading through the Final Fantasy VI hack sections for both the SNES and GBA versions and realized that almost nothing is related to changing how Gau learns his Rages. All I found was, on the SNES, an expansion to Gau's Rage and Relm's Sketch, and the fact that Brave New World shortened Gau's Rage command count to 64.

What I wanted to know if there isn't some means to make the whole learning process for his Rages (Which, due to massive randomness, may take hours upon hours upon hours and suck the entire fun out of the game due to how bad a case of padding it is) easier or at least way less random, making life easier for completionists or just those who like Gau. And of course, if such a maneuver could be applied for both versions of the game.

Well, it doesn't kill to leave the idea floating around.

There's the learnable Rage hack - https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1371/

deaddrool

• View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: June 10, 2018, 04:43:14 pm »
I was wondering if an item could be made to trigger the world of chaos in final fantasy 6.

If so, I had a hack idea where summons are the main way of fighting (but you still could attack if you want but the summons that are offensive are way better suited for that).

Early in the game you get the most powerful summon as an item.  Using this item causes the summoned demon to be let loose (similar to ten tales in Naruto) and no one can control it.  You can gain the skill to control it later but only after it is let loose.   I was hoping to make it that you can beat the game without using the summons as well.

Hope this grabs others interest : )

nanashi89

• View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: June 12, 2018, 09:53:31 pm »
Hello?

I have a family member that enjoys "Fire N' Ice" on the NES.

Can someone make a hack with brand new levels, but the same difficulty? I'd really appreciate it, and I thought they might enjoy it, too...

Thanks in advance!

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: June 13, 2018, 02:01:46 am »
not really a hack request but i was just browsing around and remembered a psx game i'd love to be able to play in english called Gangway Monsters. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/572971-gangway-monsters

maybe a translation team could get around to this title some day.

iirc it's a good game though that's going off memory of a demo disc i played many years ago.

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: June 13, 2018, 05:28:54 am »
Sorry for bumping this, but I really don't want it to be ignored...

The contents of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection are able to be extracted thanks to QuickBMS:http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

Which got me wondering: You think you guys would be able to convert the VROM and related files of all the games from the collection to become usable in MAME / FBA / etc. ? That would be EXTREMELY beneficial to people like me who'd like to play the games in said emulators and even try out FightCade, but don't want to resort to illegal downloading...

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #4935 on: June 13, 2018, 06:46:40 am »
Sorry for bumping this, but I really don't want it to be ignored...

Maybe there's a reason it was ignored? :huh: (just so you know, 99% of ideas in this thread are ignored - think of it as a shout into the void)

So you want someone to extract the ROMs from an official collection of ROMs so you can end up with the same ROMs you could've "illegally" downloaded for the last twenty years? Is there really much point in doing this? If you've already paid for the collection, I think your conscience is clear.

I'll never understand this mentality, like people who use the Retron 5. "I can only use a ROM that I dumped myself, otherwise I feel dirty". At least there's SOME kind of logic to this since it's a new release, unlike people who can't understand that buying a used cartridge and downloading a ROM benefit the publishers in exactly the same way: not at all.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #4936 on: June 13, 2018, 09:11:17 am »
How are those ROMS different than the already existing ROMs from the 90's?

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: June 13, 2018, 10:20:23 am »
Months ago I proposed a color restore for "Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX".
(As well offering a Super Probotector optional Patch for the EUR region).

There's something else I want to fix: the death cries of Jimbo and Sully. They're the wrong ones.

https://youtu.be/mEse35N0c7M?t=12m29s

The ones they gave them in the GBA sounds like a baby cry. The right ones are from these enemies in 12:36. If anyone can swap those sound adresses, it would be fine.

EDIT: They're ACTUALLY swapped. What the hell, Konami.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:28:25 pm by RealGaea »

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: June 13, 2018, 11:21:50 am »
Maybe there's a reason it was ignored? :huh: (just so you know, 99% of ideas in this thread are ignored - think of it as a shout into the void)

So you want someone to extract the ROMs from an official collection of ROMs so you can end up with the same ROMs you could've "illegally" downloaded for the last twenty years? Is there really much point in doing this? If you've already paid for the collection, I think your conscience is clear.

I'll never understand this mentality, like people who use the Retron 5. "I can only use a ROM that I dumped myself, otherwise I feel dirty". At least there's SOME kind of logic to this since it's a new release, unlike people who can't understand that buying a used cartridge and downloading a ROM benefit the publishers in exactly the same way: not at all.

Sir, thank you SO much for smacking sense into me!
All right then. From now on I'll download off the Internet whatever I already legitimately own, in one form or another...

eskayelle

• NBA Jam 2KTE / TMNT of Rage / Pong de las TMNT Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: June 13, 2018, 06:10:55 pm »
Personally, I'd love to see a team give NBA Jam TE the Tecmo Bowl treatment, i.e., an annual update.  Sort of akin to what emiller did with that great NBA Jam 2K17 hack but taking it a step or two further.

Maybe...
1) Compensate for the 27 teams in the game versus the total in the league today by sitting the last place team in the "Rookies" spot and the current champs in the "All-Stars" spot.  This way, you have to beat 27 teams to access the champs (gotta earn them!), and you don't have to use the worst team any more.
2) Take a market that has more than one team, and combine them so you can fit the expansions.  Use a "Los Angeles" team and slot in the Clippers and Lakers (cut the logos in half and put both in the Team Select screen for a nice effect.  Maybe do the same for Knicks/Nets.
3) Sort the 27 teams to beat such that you play them from worst to first, based on the most recent end-of-season league standings and playoff standings.  Since you only can play through 27 teams (unless there were an ASM hack to increase this), cut out the lowest performers.
4) Update secret characters annually with each release (but reasonably limit the number of secret characters in favor of a larger roster of current players).
5) Update team names and logos to correspond with the current year.
6) Fix a bug or two from the original game (Grand Champions screen, injuries tally)

Can I get a "BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!"?
I once wrote a blog.  Maybe you'll find something in it useful?  https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=30593.0