News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1308875 times)

julayla

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4780 on: March 21, 2018, 12:47:34 pm »
I wouldn't mind a playable Tails hack in the Sonic 1 & 2 Gamegear games. Or a playable Amy in Sonic CD.

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: March 22, 2018, 12:58:55 pm »
I would like to see Mega Man 3 become something like the game Inafune and his team envisioned. The game feels incomplete narrative-wise and gameplay-wise.

Stuff that would be changed/added:

- An opening cutscene explaining the game's background narrative (this was one of the cooler aspects of the game's packaging that the devs never made clear in game)
- To accommodate the above, give an ending to the opening theme; the cutscene should play after the music ends; (perhaps the same opening music should play during the opening cutscene to allow for a smoother transition to the title screen?)
- Make all of the robot masters' stages remixed in the same way that Needle Man's, Shadow Man's, Gemini Man's, and Spark Man's stages are remixed
- For the extra dark robots, use the robot masters from the first Mega Man game along with Enker and Quint (?)
- Put in more references to Drs. Light and Wily working together, something similar to the huge batteries in Magnet Man's stage with their logo on it
- Allow for the full track to play when Wily's fortress is shown (the original was cut short, perhaps for brevity?)
- inserting the Mega Man sprite on the title screen as it is in the FamiCom version

Stuff to consider:

- Giving two versions of the hack: one with all of the glitches (high jump, zombification, getting Rush Jet if you have Shadow Blade but haven't beaten Needle Man yet, etc.), and one with cleaner gameplay
- A Roll-chan version of the hack
- Make the Gamma fight a bit more dynamic/less easy
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

- complaint in the margin of a medieval manuscript

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: March 22, 2018, 07:09:11 pm »

a hack for Fatal Fury 2 of Genesis to have available all the fighters / Boss

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: March 23, 2018, 08:55:55 pm »
I've been listening to the album Preschtale by C-Jeff https://youtu.be/-uQEkZSrrZ8 a lot lately,
and it kinda makes me really want a Gritty Heavy Metal themed hack of Super Metroid or Zero Mission.
Sleepy's tune of the week|| Lost Lullabies (Unreleased Samurai Champloo tracks)|| https://youtu.be/BK6PR8DPNOw

NERV Agent

• Restricted Access
  • Eva Unit 01
    • View Profile
    • Watch my anime shitposts on YouTube! Smell them, too!
« Reply #4784 on: March 25, 2018, 04:33:54 am »
Hacks that add rumble support to the PSX versions of Cyber Sled, Starblade Alpha, and Galaxian 3. The arcade machines had force feedback, but they were ported over to the PSX in 1995 and 1996, before the Dual Shock was released in 1997. So no rumble for the PSX versions at this time. :(

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: March 25, 2018, 06:49:22 am »
finish this Baraksha hack graphic and sound project for Genesis is very cool, apply it in Sonic 2 Mania Edition :thumbsup:
Many requests to Baraksha by e-mail if you want this project finished

http://shc.sonicresearch.org/sonic/entry/2

Bonus: SonicCD DX / Deluxe Hack Project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeV51BSBQx0
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:14:31 am by cartridge_rom »

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: March 25, 2018, 01:05:44 pm »
Please, someone, anyone, save us from the Talkalot that is Arino in the game Retro Game Challenge. I tried to make it happen myself but I keep screwing up somewhere.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: March 25, 2018, 05:13:30 pm »
an idea to apply in several ROMs :beer:

Removing black bars from the titles that have them as Robocop vs. Terminator
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3727/

making the titles with more panoramic and complete levels or phases

- TMNT Hyperstone Heist
- Fatal Fury 2
- tmnt tournament fighters

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: March 28, 2018, 12:33:20 am »
Grandia II PS2 Version could use a hardmode modification since the game for the most part is very easy except for a few certain bosses. Basically if you were to hit every enemy you came across, you would always be able to smash the boss to pieces and kills the idea that bosses should be a challenge.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: March 28, 2018, 05:58:44 am »
With 9 selectable characters this port is considered the best copy of SF2 for Nes for its graphics and gameplay. It is incredible that a pirate game achieved what seemed impossible when many fans of the original game shouted for a port for the Nintendo.

This title ( Super Fighter III ) is the most complete and playable, it is worth giving a little new graphic hack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC-srP6ZKM8

- apply some sprites screen of the GameBoy port version in Nes pirate game
- Background Colors
- names of the fighters

and a little more ......... what can be done :-\.........apply famitracker music patch 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzOUjfC5XU :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKB6SZ5cGy0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7BfIC0W38
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:46:52 pm by cartridge_rom »

linkerang

• View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: March 28, 2018, 06:51:37 am »
About Sonic 3 & Knuckles (or his perfectioned hacked version, Sonic 3 Complete), what about adding some sort of "extra", obtainable only after finishing the game with every possible finale, and with every character (to explain, after obtaining every finale with every character, like Normal, Super, and Hyper Sonic endings, Normal and Super Tails, Normal, Super and Hyper Knuckles, etc...)? Something like a cutscene (made with the game graphics of course) of Sonic running through the grass, or even just a final "CONGRATULATIONS" message, appearing right after the credits? Also, what about changing (this is something which could apply to Sonic 2 too, btw) the title screens for every character depending on the selected character? For example, keeping Sonic in the big icon at the beginning only if using Sonic alone, and adding Tails if he follows Sonic during the gameplay. You know, like with the lock-on technology games, and with the 2013 Android re-release of Sonic 1.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:35:46 am by linkerang »

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: March 28, 2018, 04:59:16 pm »
Seiken Densetsu 3 is an awesome game, but the Volcano Island area is one of the largest difficulty spikes in a video game I've ever seen. It would be great if somebody could simply nerf the enemies a bit.

Another thing I think would help the game is if the maps were a bit more straight forward, a lot of paths only lead to dead ends and add nothing to the game accept unnecessary frustration. I'm not saying over simplify them, just remove the pointless dead end paths.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: March 29, 2018, 11:40:32 am »
Seiken Densetsu 3 is an awesome game, but the Volcano Island area is one of the largest difficulty spikes in a video game I've ever seen. It would be great if somebody could simply nerf the enemies a bit.
Is it possible you missed the village on the island? That happened to me for a while. I think it's where there are 2 paths to choose from, 1 to advance and the other taking you to the village. Upgrading gear from it made the island pretty doable. Secret of Mana did a similar thing with its Mana Forest; a huge difficulty spike until you find the Neko within it for new gear. It's not a situation of being underleveled.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:18:48 pm by Jeville »

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: March 29, 2018, 02:31:36 pm »
Final Fight 2 hack Running + Maki Update

- add running to the protagonists as Final Fight 3 improves the gameplay
- update the Maki sprite for its more Modern type Animation version

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: March 29, 2018, 03:40:24 pm »
Is it possible you missed the village on the island? That happened to me for a while. I think it's where there are 2 paths to choose from, 1 to advance and the other taking you to the village. Upgrading gear from it made the island pretty doable. Secret of Mana did a similar thing with its Mana Forest; a huge difficulty spike until you find the Neko within it for new gear. It's not a situation of being underleveled.
I actually got the gear first and the enemies still fucked me up.

I'm not sure if it's doable but updating the combat system to be closer to Legend of Mana would help a lot I think. I feel like Legend's combat just flows better, 3's combat can be a bit clunky at times.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: March 29, 2018, 06:57:57 pm »
Ideas for Castlevania Aria of Sorrow:
Replace souls and weapons with more usable counterparts (example: restore Valmanway to its former glory of 31 Att and make it more spammable, make Slime work more like Mario's fireball)
and this to replace Positron Rifle:

(for the record, I would have succeeded, but the game crashed when I tried using it. Dunno why, all I did was change sprites, icon move the sprites a bit (like a couple pixels at most) and change the text. Absurd Luck is a mistake, it was supposed to LOWER the luck greatly)

To give a better idea of how I'd want the Katana type weapons to work (I tried doing it in DSVania, but that thing LOVES making it complex to edit, specially without visual reference for Soma's position when editing skills & weapons sprite), here's some GIFs I baked of Photoshop to give an idea of length (and maybe animations) (yes, using the Mars+Wind combo from Circle of the Moon):
Most Katana

Later Katana

Osafune
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:39:21 pm by Tsukiyomaru0 »

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: March 30, 2018, 12:20:30 am »
Here's an idea (due to not knowing where to post this up at.)

Have a compatible editor for Akumajou Densetsu, the Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Japan counterpart.  The reVamp editor is not compatible at all with the Famicom version of the game and +daniel+ is nowhere to be found to get in contact about this.  Would also like to see a music editor implemented into it, like how Editroid has its specific features.

It has quite a few differences compared to the U.S version so you'll have to dig around within its programming and make it similar, if not, more superior than reVamp as that program is a little outdated with a few bugs still not fixed in it for the U.S version.

rodge2001

• View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: March 31, 2018, 12:02:11 am »
I’d like to suggest if not done so already a hack of Gradius, Gradius 2, & Life Force where the horizontal levels are made to be vertical & any levels that were vertical could be made to scroll horizontily if that makes sense.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #4798 on: March 31, 2018, 04:16:42 am »
I’d like to suggest if not done so already a hack of Gradius, Gradius 2, & Life Force where the horizontal levels are made to be vertical & any levels that were vertical could be made to scroll horizontily if that makes sense.

Turn your screen 90 degrees. Solved! :)

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: March 31, 2018, 09:07:02 am »
Turn your screen 90 degrees. Solved! :)
How do you do this with a television screen?