News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 753159 times)

JinRay

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4760 on: March 14, 2018, 01:50:23 pm »
Hi i would Love when someone could put the Road Avenger Intro Musik in the Road Blaster PSX/Saturn Version . The Sega CD intro Music is just so mutch better than the PSX /Saturn Intro Music

Road Avenger Sega Cd Intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CNf3luFiLw

Road Blaster Intro Saturn /PSX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ojS7ljwp40

pocket

• View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: March 14, 2018, 08:29:11 pm »
I'm surprised this doesn't exist already, but there should really be a hack of Hello Kitty World that changes the Sanrio characters back into Nintendo characters. The game was originally Balloon Fight spinoff for the Gameboy that starred a girl named Alice:

The only issue I could see with this is that the Gameboy sprite is large and kind of ugly compared to the NES game, so a new sprite would need to be made for Alice and her little brother.

linkerang

• View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: March 15, 2018, 03:07:00 am »
Hi guys!
Not requesting or ordering anything, I just want to know if you think it'd be a good idea (and phisically possible, by the way) to add just this one feature to The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: the Final Boss, DeathI, can be killed in 2 ways:
1) With the Bow and 16 arrows;
2) With a single swing of the Boomerang;
in the second case tho, it's a bit of a letdown the ending remains totally unaltered (considering obtaining the Boomerang is no easy task :(); what about adding some sort of secret/bonus/joke/special ending to the game, or something that alter the ending of the game, obtainable only after defeating the Final Boss with the Boomerang? Or if not an ending, at least a final "Congratulations" message for defeating the Final Boss with just an hit  :laugh: That's something I'd really like to see, and I think it'd be seriously cool :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 06:54:06 am by linkerang »

mariosmentor

• View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: March 15, 2018, 12:23:19 pm »
How about a Link to the Past GBA hack that bypasses all the Four Swords requirements? Yes, I know there's a save file for that, but what if you're playing the game on, say, a hacked 3DS? Or on a PSP? Or any means other than VBA, making that particular save useless?

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: March 15, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »
How about a Link to the Past GBA hack that bypasses all the Four Swords requirements? Yes, I know there's a save file for that, but what if you're playing the game on, say, a hacked 3DS? Or on a PSP? Or any means other than VBA, making that particular save useless?
Isn't 4 swords adventures sort of exactly this?

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: March 15, 2018, 02:28:17 pm »
Isn't 4 swords adventures sort of exactly this?
I think you misunderstood what he was trying to tell.

What he wants is a way to play the GBA title in its entirety without having to rely on the Four Swords section of the cart.
A Link to the Past has a special dungeon which can only be unlocked after you complete the Four Swords section, and since that requires the Cable Link, it gets obnoxious trying to unlock said dungeon.
So basically he wants to be able ALttP fully (special dungeon and all) without even touching the Four Swords stuff in the GBA cart.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: March 15, 2018, 03:36:44 pm »
Yeah, ShadowOne has a point. And there are a lot of people who don't have 4 player friends around, especially me.

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: March 16, 2018, 02:07:46 am »
How about just porting the single player mode from the Anniversary Edition for DSiWare?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: March 16, 2018, 02:34:15 am »
Didn't you see the post a few above? That's the OPPOSITE of what the goal is. It is NOT to make Four Swords playable alone, it is to make the bonus dungeon in A Link to the Past GBA playable WITHOUT needing to play Four Swords.

(even though I have not finished the GBA version of ALttP myself, I have read that it was a pretty crappy thing to make players require, as it excludes players who don't have friends, or at least don't have friends who own the system and game, from being able to finish A SINGLE-PLAYER GAME)
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

vico

• View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: March 16, 2018, 03:03:09 am »
Does anybody have interest in add Sonic's spin dash on the Master System version of Sonic 1?

Crossout

• View Profile
« Reply #4770 on: March 16, 2018, 05:37:19 am »
Sorry if i am wrong here  :-\
English is not my native language but after searching here this https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=6734.0 pointed me here for a kind of request.

Im a independent gamedesigner and working on a personal project therefor i am analyzing games that inspired me.

Ripping files from Silent Hill was easy because there are many tutorials and tools to dig into the files - so i was able to nearly rip all things and even build the complete levels from it to analyze things like "walking times between point, how the progression paths are set up an how the leveldesign is done.

There are 2 major games that influenced me from the PSX times - Silent Hill - and NIGHTMARE CREATURES 2 - a game that not many people like. Therefor there are nearly 0 tools or informations about the files. I was able to get the files out of the rom and convert videos - easy task - but what about the levels? is there a way to rip the levels into a 3d program (like i did with silent hill, ripping all level parts and models to build it all together in blender via obj converting)

On the iso are a menu, intro and board folder wich contain only some TIM files and STR videos
Then there are 10 folders called LEVEL 0 to LEVEL 9

this seems to be the data folders for each level
each folder contain some small files and 2 bid ones - a STR (for the level intro video) and a LEVEL1.LVL file.
seems like all models, textures and the level are inside this file.  :banghead:

Anybody here can help? or give some info about what can help me to get colser to the files. couldnt find anything usefull about this files - sadly because this game was not very loved. :'(

Thank you

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: March 16, 2018, 03:41:27 pm »
Kaiju Busters & Kaiju Busters Powered could use translation... They are both Monster Hunter-like games on NDS.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: March 16, 2018, 04:30:14 pm »
Personally I like to see the Four Swords Episode be able to solo, I'm sure this is possible.

Maybe a bit of butchering might be needed.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: March 17, 2018, 01:22:08 am »
Majora's Mask: Remove the clock HUD, clock in Bombers' Notebook, time display on owl save, "X time remains" dialogue from Gossip Stone and Happy Mask Salesman. This is to encourage you to read and understand this game's stylish physical clocks and to increase tension during the final six hours.

The clocks aren't restricted to Clock Town, although it's the best place to frequently check for. There's one on the wall in the Tourist Center in the swamp. If the hacker is able, add them in more settlements. Make Inverted Song of Time give only double time like in the 3DS remaster, instead of the original's triple.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 01:48:32 am by Jeville »

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: March 17, 2018, 12:05:44 pm »
I would like to see a hack for OutRun 2019 that would change it back to its original name, Junker's High:

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #4775 on: March 18, 2018, 05:10:12 pm »

Landstalker (MD/GEN)
-Added jump shadow
-You don't hit walls instead of enemies in cramped spaces anymore
-Better AI so you can no longer button mash later enemies to death
-Slightly larger inventory

Kid Chameleon (MD/GEN)
-Movement control is somewhat tighter and down-thrust attacking single blocks is easier
-Hover board controls are less sensitive
-If you pick up a helmet while another helmet is dropping from a block, the other helmet no longer disappears
-You no longer get crushed from destructible (by touch) blocks if you ride into them on an elevator
-Fewer cheap hits
-The placement of items is changed in a way that makes getting to them always feel worth it

Streets of Rage (MD/GEN)
-Somewhat faster vertical movement
-Weapon pick up on a separate button (preferably x/y/z)
-More pits
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: March 19, 2018, 02:55:33 pm »
For the Elder Gods, there's no version of Mortal Kombat that hasn't the right tracks?!

Since there's no Palace Gates BGM in the Sega CD, the order is straight messed up:

The Courtyard: The Pit (Huh?)
Palace Gates: Goro's Lair (What??)
Warrior Shrine: The Courtyard (Why??)
The Pit: The Pit (well, this is the right one.)
Throne Room: Throne Room (also the right one.)
Goro's Lair: The Courtyard (make this stop!)

Pit Bottom: The Pit (What is this, I don't even... at least has his victory BGM.)

And the Shang Tsung final battle doesn't have music AT ALL.

Has the Ending theme, but only applies to the text.

Well, fix every track direction and give Throne Room to Palace Gates since is a similar tune.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:12:44 pm by RealGaea »

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: March 20, 2018, 12:09:03 am »
Landstalker (MD/GEN)
-Added jump shadow
-You don't hit walls instead of enemies in cramped spaces anymore
-Better AI so you can no longer button mash later enemies to death
-Slightly larger inventory

this would be friggen AWESOME

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: March 20, 2018, 01:21:59 am »
For the Elder Gods, there's no version of Mortal Kombat that hasn't the right tracks?!

Since there's no Palace Gates BGM in the Sega CD, the order is straight messed up:

The Courtyard: The Pit (Huh?)
Palace Gates: Goro's Lair (What??)
Warrior Shrine: The Courtyard (Why??)
The Pit: The Pit (well, this is the right one.)
Throne Room: Throne Room (also the right one.)
Goro's Lair: The Courtyard (make this stop!)

Pit Bottom: The Pit (What is this, I don't even... at least has his victory BGM.)

And the Shang Tsung final battle doesn't have music AT ALL.

Has the Ending theme, but only applies to the text.

Well, fix every track direction and give Throne Room to Palace Gates since is a similar tune.

I do remember playing that port and noticing that the tracks were playing on the wrong stages, so I wouldn't mind seeing a hack that would put the tracks on the stages they're suppose to play on along with a color hack for it as well.

The same thing happen to the Saturn port of Hexen, where it was playing the wrong tracks on the wrong maps, so I also wouldn't mind seeing a hack that would fix that as well.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:51:05 am by SCD »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: March 20, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »
You saying that both the Genesis AND Sega CD versions of Mortal Kombat have wrong music.

Wow, for the Sega CD version they released it nearly a year after the cartridge version and still didn't fit that?
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."