Here's some ideas for a game that needs to be hacked very badly...Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
- Music restoration. Much needed.
- Replace voice samples with the ones from the Japanese version.
- Optional: Restore Sound Test mode + keep both the Japanese and international opening themes.
- Debatable: Separate patches for Dhaos' original VA and the current one.
- Color restoration. Much needed.
- Optional: Replace font with something more readable, or add a black outline. This is especially annoying when no text box is present (such as battle spell/skill names).
- Optional: For some reason the "Type A" in-battle text box has a thicker border and looks more plain. The one used in the field is much better, I don't know why they changed it.
- I know that a full retranslation is a lot to ask, but at least change the names of characters/items/artes/concepts/etc, according to other games in the series (ex: "Derris Karran" => "Derris-Kharlan").
- Optional: Restore character naming screen + increase naming length (6 characters in Jap version).
- Optional: Add subtitles to opening battle (currently only present when language is set to other than English) and battle result speeches.
- Debatable: Include character names in the opening battle. They're supposed to be renowned heroes, why would their names be unknown? At the very least, replace their "???" with something more consistent to their actual names, as it is in the Japanese version (Edward, Alan, Winona, Carol
- Restore opening credits (cast only)
- Add "instant" text speed option
- Add Manual mode by default
- Turn Sorcerer's Ring into a Key Item or similar non-equippable