- Hypothetical Lunar Silver Star Harmony Restoration Project -
So this remake for the PSP suffers from a few issues, and I'm kind of surprised it has not been addressed yet:
1) The Anime Cut scenes which are thankfully kept original, but they suffer from terrible voice acting choices. I'm wondering if it would be possible to restore the original PSX voice acting to remedy this situation. The Boat scene & Title Music however would probably be the more interesting change because most versions are pretty good, this one would depend on taste (maybe will have to vote on this which has higher "want" or "keep" level or simply making a optional patch that changes those scenes).
2) Some of the Dialogue with voice acting I believe can be remedied as well by simply doing some re-writes to make a hybrid PSX/PSP story script, and also restoring the original voice actors, but please be aware that I don't rightly remember if the PSP version actually has new voiced lines anywhere that was not present in the PSX version, but if there is then maybe this might be very tricky to do. Now some people here will ask me "what about the new prologue?" I believe that can be ignored if we pretend that this was their younger selves, and thus they'll sound different during this time, I know that is a silly excuse, but least there will be a small reason for voice acting changes (Also Ghaleon PS1 voice actor rocks!).
3) Turn this game into a Hard-Type to remedy the issue for the game being way too easy, I don't think the PSX can be used as a base as they changed up a few things with this remake.
4) Now my understanding this game's script is more closer to the original intention, and thus a lot of Working Design's script is practically gone, so I guess this won't be a issue, but optionally if some people care about the funny 90s jokes then maybe it can be considered.
Now as a alternative project if that proves to be too difficult then... "Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Upgrade"
1) Basically the PSP version's music is far superior, and my understanding that IT IS possible to change the PS1's music due to recent hacks out there. I think it would be amazing if someone can figure how to transfer the new music soundtrack over back to the PS1 version. I always thought the PS1 soundtrack was pretty weak compared to Lunar 2, and this upgrade will definitely give this old version new life.
2) Optionally there were exclusive monsters back in the old SEGA CD game, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to restore these monsters to be part of the PS1 version. This would require some work, and a bit of heavy hacking, but it would be a interesting new take for the game.