News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2417795 times)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3600 on: February 11, 2017, 09:16:00 am »
That sounds like a neat idea. Instead of Akuma, what about making EGM's April Fools character Sheng Long into a real secret character for that hack.

I would like to see a hack for Fire Pro Wrestling D that would add all the exclusive online moves to the game itself and it would also give some of the default wrestlers these moves as well.

For example, the Undertaker would have his Last Ride finisher and Keiji Muto will have his Shining Wizard finisher.

Poppler

• View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: February 11, 2017, 09:56:04 am »
That sounds like a neat idea. Instead of Akuma, what about making EGM's April Fools character Sheng Long into a real secret character for that hack.
Not bad. Making the April Fools joke finally a reality. 8)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: February 11, 2017, 11:43:50 am »
I heard they did make him a reality in one of the later games.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Poppler

• View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: February 11, 2017, 12:03:32 pm »
I didn't know  :o

Btw, more hack ideas  I had:

BLACK TIGER (Arcade)
- Balance the difficulty and bring the graphical changes of the Japanese version to the overseas release. Use the unused music. More info, here:
https://tcrf.net/Black_Tiger_(Arcade)

FATAL FURY SPECIAL (Arcade)
- Balance the difficulty.
- Ad also the background colors of Fatal Fury 2 to have more variety during the combats.
- Include both intros in the same game (changing the title to Fatal Fury Special)
- Animate the background characters of the Italy stage.
- Fix some strange scrolles. Or make it softer to look less like carboard.
- Improve the score sounds to sound less horrible.

MEGA TWINS (Arcade)
- Ad the missing tips from the fairies that were even translated in the Japanese version. Remove the horrible warning sound. Also, bring back the final key sprite, rebalance the difficulty and the music, and if possible, bring into the Shop mode from the Genesis version. More info:
https://tcrf.net/Mega_Twins_(Arcade)

TMNT: IN TIME (Arcade)
Ad some of the changes from the Snes game to make it the definitive version (Selectable colors, better balance, Slash, Technodrome level, etc). Even the Battle Mode if possible :P

THREE WONDERS (Arcade)
Make Super Deformed version of the Midnight Wanderers characters and enemies for the Don't Pull game, so it makes more sense its inclusion on the pack. Also ad the missing intro from Chariot that it’s in the Saturn port.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: February 11, 2017, 12:45:20 pm »

They did, Capcom made him a reality as Gouken in Street Fighter IV.

I just think it would be cool to have the EGM version of the character to actually appear in the original Street Fighter II games.

Another neat idea for that Street Fighter II hack is the option to switch the names of the bosses back to their correct names.

Those are cool ideas for arcade hacks that you got there Poppler.

Two arcade hacks that I want to see is one for Strider that would restore his missing "Hah!" sound effect from the Japanese version and it would also restore the uncensored sprites of the Amazon enemies as well: https://tcrf.net/Strider_(Arcade)#Unused_Graphics

The other one is a quick color hack for SvC Chaos that would change the yellow stripe on Sagat's shorts to red to make him look more like his SFII appearance and it would also change the color of Akuma's blue Gi to the same color as Serious Mr. Karate's Gi to make him look more accurate to his black Gi as well.

Here are edits that I did of them to show what I want them to look like:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 12:51:27 pm by SCD »

Poppler

• View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: February 11, 2017, 01:43:16 pm »
Two arcade hacks that I want to see is one for Strider that would restore his missing "Hah!" sound effect from the Japanese version and it would also restore the uncensored sprites of the Amazon enemies as well: https://tcrf.net/Strider_(Arcade)#Unused_Graphics
Oh, no! The "ha!" sound sample it's very annoying! :o But for Strider I'd correct the annoying sound effects that makes my ears bleed and try to improve a bit the music if possible. Also, take more time in the cutscenes that pass too fast, correct lots of bugs in the game and ad the Sega Genesis songs. If you could had the Sega Genesis ending or a mix of both now that would be great! 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 04:10:46 pm by Poppler »

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3606 on: February 11, 2017, 02:21:03 pm »
How about a City Connection hack? "GTA San Andreas" You're in a green lowrider painting the streets of the world green, you got the Ballas in purple cars trying to stop you from painting the streets green. Replace the cat with Officer Tenpenny. The title screen can have the GTA SA title screen like the game... Cool? 👍👍👍👍

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: February 11, 2017, 02:54:37 pm »
Any of the NES Megaman titles:  A hack themed after the game Dead Pixels, with levels that are themed after different areas of a city.

Crisis Core : A hack that silences the audio clips "ACTIVATING COMBAT MODE!!" and "CONFLICT RESOLVED!" that play before and after every battle.

Crisis Core: Same as above, but instead of silencing the audio clips, the hack would replace them with the "FIGHT!" and "Flawless Victory" clips from Mortal Kombat. It would be kind of badass haha.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: February 11, 2017, 10:00:50 pm »
I didn't know  :o

Btw, more hack ideas  I had:

BLACK TIGER (Arcade)
- Balance the difficulty and bring the graphical changes of the Japanese version to the overseas release. Use the unused music. More info, here:
https://tcrf.net/Black_Tiger_(Arcade)

FATAL FURY SPECIAL (Arcade)
- Balance the difficulty.
- Ad also the background colors of Fatal Fury 2 to have more variety during the combats.
- Include both intros in the same game (changing the title to Fatal Fury Special)
- Animate the background characters of the Italy stage.
- Fix some strange scrolles. Or make it softer to look less like carboard.
- Improve the score sounds to sound less horrible.

MEGA TWINS (Arcade)
- Ad the missing tips from the fairies that were even translated in the Japanese version. Remove the horrible warning sound. Also, bring back the final key sprite, rebalance the difficulty and the music, and if possible, bring into the Shop mode from the Genesis version. More info:
https://tcrf.net/Mega_Twins_(Arcade)

TMNT: IN TIME (Arcade)
Ad some of the changes from the Snes game to make it the definitive version (Selectable colors, better balance, Slash, Technodrome level, etc). Even the Battle Mode if possible :P

THREE WONDERS (Arcade)
Make Super Deformed version of the Midnight Wanderers characters and enemies for the Don't Pull game, so it makes more sense its inclusion on the pack. Also ad the missing intro from Chariot that it’s in the Saturn port.

Just letting you know, the word you want to use is "add". "ad" means advertisement. ;)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

ultrarafasam

• View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: February 11, 2017, 11:28:03 pm »
Hey, I'm Rafael, and it's my first post,so...welcome to me,I guess (man, I really sucks at introductions)

So, DaMarsMan posted his work on the Magna Braban game,and I've seen the review of the game above the user project page ( I think that's how I should say this)

And I totally agree to whoever wrote that. The game it's a total ripoff from FF, and I think everybody agrees. So I thought of something:

How about changing the sprites and backgrounds for most places? Making a new story? Demanding,right? No one has energy and patience (and time,most important) to do this,so I thought doing it myself,but here's the thing:

I have 0.5% experience to romhack (I read some materials and docs from Getting Started section,but didn't had the time to do any training. So I wanted to ask to you guys:

What is the best tutorial to start romhacking? I'm gonna continue reading the docs at the Help sections,but more material to study is even better ( Studying things to my fun is the only thing that unfortunately makes me happy for studying something)

And that's it! Thanks for the attention. I hope to see some answers.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: February 12, 2017, 03:20:14 am »
Another neat hack idea that I would like to see is one for both the American and Shindou versions of Super Mario 64 that would add greater stereo separation for the music tracks and sound effects so they would sound better.

Googie

• View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: February 12, 2017, 04:13:41 am »
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/t/a/ff99

The changes that was done on this Dragon Quest 3 hack can be ported into Dragon Warrior 3, but with a new story line. 💪

Poppler

• View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: February 12, 2017, 07:10:44 am »
Just letting you know, the word you want to use is "add". "ad" means advertisement. ;)
Sorry! I'm spanish, but I also rushed writing that long post because I wanted to get out of my chest all that hack ideas  :laugh:

rrrthisisme

• View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: February 14, 2017, 04:33:45 pm »
Idea Dragon Quest Builders for PS3, as PS3 is the only platform not receiving ENG version.

I successfully dumped files from my VITA and PS3(JAP), and extracted content of *.psarc files from both.
In both games there is a folder "excel" with files such as "EventScene1.en.bin" on vita and "EventScene1.bin" on PS3. They are different, and viewing the content of vita files reveal English texts, monster names, items description, etc.
PS3 files have similar names, but with jap text, obviously.
Text is in ASCII, not encrypted, and it should be possible to do a conversion: copying texts, and changing addressing of text chunks in the file.
I'm not capable to do anything more than this quick check.

Now, anyone?

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: February 15, 2017, 12:29:09 pm »
Now I know there is MSU-1 for Final Fantasy VI, and all, but would it be possible to do a music bypass for the PSX version as well? I always wondered if such a case would be possible given it is non-cartridge based.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: February 15, 2017, 02:16:54 pm »
Now I know there is MSU-1 for Final Fantasy VI, and all, but would it be possible to do a music bypass for the PSX version as well? I always wondered if such a case would be possible given it is non-cartridge based.
PS1 music may be tricky but it's certainly doable.  I remember seeing Mega Man X3 PS1 (PAL version of course) get the MSU-1 tracks ported to it.  Not in patch form though.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: February 16, 2017, 05:20:13 am »
PS1 music may be tricky but it's certainly doable.  I remember seeing Mega Man X3 PS1 (PAL version of course) get the MSU-1 tracks ported to it.  Not in patch form though.

Sounds good, lately I've been thinking that so many romhackers have tried to make some kind of definitive version of Final Fantasy VI by either modding the GBA version or the SNES graphics/music, but usually there was always a sacrifice that had to be made by the player because neither were not quite perfect due to some issues. The PS1 version to me had everything, and the only issue was the loading times. Another thing is that the SNES/GBA is way too limited for modding purposes, and I would think the PS1 would have way more flexibility & less issues to deal with. Another thing the file sizes for the PSX version should be small considering it is just small game file as I understand that working with PS1 files from other games really takes a lot of time, the FMVs would be the only large files on there.

Also the thing about the PSX version is..

Pros:
1) There is no need to modify graphics as I think the PSX version was uncensored
2) No issue with the screen & OST that the GBA version had
3) It has the FMVs & other extras

Cons:
1) Loading times (Unsure if this can be fixed)
2) Lack of PS1 source tools? I'm not sure if this is a issue or not specifically for this version of the game.
3) I believe some of the bugs are still present in this version, but unless you know how to Hex-Edit then it should not be a issue.
4) It does not have the GBA content, but I don't think many would care about this. Unless somebody out there makes source tools for the PSX version then it would certainly be doable.

Now I'm thinking how would such a music program work? I can imagine the PC version being the easiest, but I got a question about a alternative..

Would it be possible to modify the PS3's music player to act like a music program for FFVI?

Anyway pardon my ignorance if there is issues with all this as I'm not too familiar about the current modding status of PS1 games.

toruzz

• View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: February 16, 2017, 06:49:53 am »
I just played this game for the first time and I had the exact same idea. So I hacked the rom myself and uploaded it here: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3307/

Enjoy!
Nice!  :beer:

Hack Release Date: 02 September 2017
Also, you should fix that.

Googie

• View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: February 16, 2017, 01:06:35 pm »
If someone would make FF hack like this, it would be so cool. 💪

ToHell

• View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: February 16, 2017, 07:13:53 pm »
I wish a anti-censor patch for super mario kart (snes)

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=3449