News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2426476 times)

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3320 on: September 28, 2016, 02:50:07 pm »
They all do:

Castlevania Adventure:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/190/

Castlevania II - Belmont's Revenge:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/213/

Castlevania Legends:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/211/

I even included those hacks in my autoboot hacks for both Konami Collection Vol 1 and Vol 4.

ShadowOne333: Thanks man, I didn't even know it was already done, I really appreciate it.  :beer:

TheLuigiLightning

• ROM hacking; it's like rearranging classical music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: September 28, 2016, 08:02:42 pm »
Just to continue what I was saying last time, someone should also program the original time limit into Uninvited.  That stupid ruby doesn't count!
I am Luigi Lightning.  (You can just call me Luigi, though).
Some say my name is Luigi Lightning.  Others say I am a Lightning Luigi.  Some also say I am Luigi's Lightning.  Some even say I am some prodigy; The Luigi Lightning... guys, it's just a title.  You were correct the first time.

MagusLOGS

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3322 on: September 29, 2016, 07:46:57 am »
Breath of Fire 2
  • Adding random item lots to Hunting and Fishing Minigame
  • Make use of Day/Night cycle:
    Day: Less enemies encounters (longer traveling)
    Night: Stronger enemies and 2x EXP

This would be a nice addition to a already almost perfect JRPG.
I haven't looked into the code of BoF2 yet so i can't tell if it will be difficult or not. If nobody does this then maybe one day i will try to make this hack but i can't promise it.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: September 29, 2016, 10:19:32 am »
Hmmm, this idea came to me while watching a few shows last night: Perhaps a Genesis style remake of Conker's Pocket Tales or Bad Fur Day. I don't know. That's just me thinking. Maybe some fandubbing of the obscure terebikko games too?

EDIT: What I would've also like to see is (despite the text translated and I'm not being biased about it, but I feel like this could've helped improved) a fandub of Shoujo Kakumei Utena: Itsuka Kakumei Sareru Monogatari for the Saturn as well. It's games like this that I really had wished had been dubbed. I would've loved to hear Rachel Lillis as Utena once more.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:01:27 pm by julayla »

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: September 29, 2016, 04:20:50 pm »
The Megaman Gameboy Series could use color. I think there has been several spriters out there that already figured out the color schemes for the Bosses/tiles/enemies/etc.

Assuming things have improved for GB color romhacks.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: September 30, 2016, 12:37:06 am »
Mega Man Game Boy games having color?
Please send such hacks back in time to Capcom circa 2004. :'(
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: September 30, 2016, 01:46:02 am »
Weird idea, but I've been thinking...after finishing watching a Conker playthrough, I thought up this idea: An option to turn on and off the subtitles for the game (though it may be difficult to program in that).

Twizman

• View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: September 30, 2016, 03:17:43 am »
What about a hardtype of Lufia & the Fortress of Doom?

I feel like the base game is solid but just a bit bare and generic. Maybe could be a great potential template for an enhanced version.

ethanwhite

• View Profile
    • Ethan Gaming
« Reply #3328 on: September 30, 2016, 10:02:24 am »
What about an English translation of Zork on the Sega Saturn?

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: September 30, 2016, 11:54:37 am »
I got another crazy idea: Steven Universe in Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 with the cast of Steven Universe replacing Imajin/Mario and the entire cast. If done right, I want to see the characters as the following:
SU Characters-Replacing Characters:
Steven-Imajin/Mario
Amythest-Mama/Luigi
Garnet-Papa/Toad
Pearl-Lina/Peach
Lion-The Monkey
Either Connie & Greg or Lars & Sadie or one of the cool kids-The kids in the prologue
Yellow Diamond-Wart
Monsters of Steven Universe-Shy Guys and other regular baddies
Jasper-Mouser
Peridot-Birdo
Rubies-Tryclyde
Other Steven Universe Humans-Fairies at End

I know it may sound like it could take time and effort, but I hope someday someone does this.

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: September 30, 2016, 06:34:02 pm »
How about an overhaul of River City Ransom featuring a new plot and the cast of Scott Pilgrim & Steven Universe both?

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: October 01, 2016, 11:48:07 pm »
Discussing with Mojo about Circle of the Moon resulted in him proposing an interesting idea: How about taking away the random card drop BS, placing the cards hidden in the place of some HP/MP UPs? While we are at it, there could be also an increased drop rate of healing items from monsters that used to drop the cards.

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: October 02, 2016, 12:36:52 pm »
Is it possible to load this messed up levels of Super Mario Bros. on ROM?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNjkBJSzig
or do they exist somewhere in hacks? If they don't exist in hacks it would bi nice if someone can figure out to throw them all in hack.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #3333 on: October 02, 2016, 04:05:42 pm »
Though it would probably be very hard to pull off, I would really like to see Secret of Mana remade using Seiken Densetsu 3's game engine and graphics. What I mean is, hacking Seiken Densetsu 3 to recreate an enhanced version of Secret of Mana. Same characters and story line, but using the better graphics, sounds and game engine of Seiken Densetsu 3. I'm not sure about the music though. Maybe having a combination of both games' respective soundtracks might be a good idea. Then again, if this were so easy to do, there could be a lot of remakes and original games being created through romhacking already existing games. I suppose that this is probably one of those things that will never actually be attempted let alone finished due to both the amount of time it would take and from the shear effort involved in such an attempt.

A while back, I was actually thinking of what a true sequel to Seiken Densetsu 3 would be like 1000 years after the game's ending when the Mana Tree regrows and magic returns to the world. For the most part, the world and kingdoms would probably be the same, but it would still be interesting to play as the character's great grandchildren. Lets say, as Duran and Angela's great grandson who is not only a great swordsman like this father, but can also use all forms of light magic (combining Duran's Paladin class with Angela's Grand Divina class). Something like a paladin that can use Heal Light, Holy Ball, Saint Saber and Saint Beam or something like that.

Maybe Hawk and Lise's descendant could be able to equip both knives and spears. Kevin and Carlie's descendant might be similar to that paladin idea mentioned above. Some sort of monk class with strong attack power and some magic. I guess it might be a good idea to let the player choose which classes they want which would be a combination of the former heroes' stats and classes. Nevertheless, there's probably not much point to this since it's most likely never going to be made. Well, at least we can still dream about what such a game would be like.

Edit: I'm not sure about who the villain(s) might be. Perhaps also a decedent of a former enemy or maybe a new one which also seeks to conquer the world or become all powerful like a god.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: October 04, 2016, 09:05:52 am »
How about Danger Mouse for NES based on this java game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbxMpwbL5ro

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: October 04, 2016, 10:56:08 am »
Something I wanted to do with the Autoboot hacks for Castlevania Adventure and Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge from the Konami Collection ROMs is a way to lock the player into the Castlevania title screen without the option to go back to the main menu for the Konami Collection.

These are the autoboot hacks I'm talking about:

Castlevania Adventure (Konami Collection Vol. 1 Autoboot Hack)
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2473/

Castlevania II - Belmont's Revenge (Konami Collection Vol. 4 Autoboot Hack)
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2474/

This can be done by disabling the opcode in the game which loads the Select button input to go back to the menu.
I already did some research and found out that actually BOTH games do not use the Select button at all, so we can entirely ditch the use of said button for the game to effectively lock the autoboot hack to only the Castlevania ROM.

If someone skilled enough with Z80 code for Gameboy could remove the opcode for the Select button so that it doesn't go back to the game selection menu, that would make the hack as complete as possible.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: October 04, 2016, 11:18:43 am »
Yeah, I hate that select still backs out of the menu too. I'd also like to see a hack for the Operation C, even if it has robots. Maybe that can be remedied by including  a patch for the Japanese version too? ShadowOne, can you also do one for the JP version of CV 2? Remember that one has a different weapon.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: October 04, 2016, 12:18:30 pm »
Here's another idea I think could be used: MSU-1 versions of the Megaman 8 bit games. I mean the Megaman X & MM7 ones already have the MSU-1 audio put in there, so why not for the 8 bit counterparts?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: October 04, 2016, 12:34:39 pm »
Are you saying add MSU-1 support to an NES emulator?
byuu really designed it within the SNES technical capabilities.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: October 04, 2016, 12:41:51 pm »
Yeah, I believe so. If it's impossible to do so, I understand completely. I was just saying if I'd like to hear CD quality music on 8 bit Megaman games. Just thought I'd ask.