News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1492594 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3040 on: July 22, 2016, 06:38:52 pm »
It would be nice to see an addendum that would bring it to terms with at least PS2 Improvement.

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: July 23, 2016, 01:48:34 am »
Messing with fighting games made me notice how Super Street Fighter II X, the Japanese version of Super Turbo, has a lot of victory quotes and hint text during the continue screen (plus Akuma's introduction quote) that just does not exist in the localizations, which only have one or two basic quotes. There's also extra endings for Akuma. Not to mention SSFIIX's AI is not crazy cheap like Super Turbo's is. It'd be great to have a proper localized version of X (with the full grandiose title of Super Street Fighter II X Grand Master Challenge) with every winquote translated (and the infamous "Sheng Long" blunder fixed), the boss character's names switched to their localized versions and a single player mode that's enjoyable and actually entices you to try to get to the Akuma boss battle. And maybe with the proper color palettes - having the classic colors reserved for the "Old characters" is BS.

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #3042 on: July 23, 2016, 02:20:29 am »
Would be cool to see a hack of Bionic Commando wherein you could play as Hitler bent on world domination with new levels, enemies and bosses.  :D
Also, someone mentioned fixing Engrish... IMHO two fan translations that need fixing the most are Armed Dragon Fantasy Villgust and STED on the NES. The latter is somewhat tolerable, whereas the former is absolutely atrocious, probably made up or something. Besides those, some official releases could use fixing as well, such as Ghost'n'goblins or Ghostbusters. :)

LoganN64

• View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: July 23, 2016, 08:07:10 am »
Everyone, hold on to your hats! I got a Hack idea that may BLOW YOUR MIND!

I, much like everyone I imagine that has played the original X-men(Uncanny X-men) NES game, hated it! Especially after playing the super-duper awesome Arcade version (welcome X-men... TO DIE!).

What about a hack where you can play as the X-men in a style more similar to the arcade version?

I would suggest using Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: the arcade game as a base or maybe even River City Ransom just because those were both superior side scroller games. Also somehow incorporate the special power attacks from the arcade, probably as the select button. I know some of you would love to see that too! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

If there is a better side scroller you can think of, I'm all ears!

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: July 23, 2016, 10:13:24 am »
Messing with fighting games made me notice how Super Street Fighter II X, the Japanese version of Super Turbo, has a lot of victory quotes and hint text during the continue screen (plus Akuma's introduction quote) that just does not exist in the localizations, which only have one or two basic quotes. There's also extra endings for Akuma. Not to mention SSFIIX's AI is not crazy cheap like Super Turbo's is. It'd be great to have a proper localized version of X (with the full grandiose title of Super Street Fighter II X Grand Master Challenge) with every winquote translated (and the infamous "Sheng Long" blunder fixed), the boss character's names switched to their localized versions and a single player mode that's enjoyable and actually entices you to try to get to the Akuma boss battle. And maybe with the proper color palettes - having the classic colors reserved for the "Old characters" is BS.

I love this idea, someone should definitely do this.

I also would like to see a uncensored hack for the American Game Boy version of Kid Dracula that would restore all the stuff that got censored back to it as well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:07:32 pm by SCD »

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: July 24, 2016, 01:47:28 pm »
Hey here's an idea I came across today: A hack of one of the Sailor Moon Fighting Games with replacing either S or Super S characters with Sailor Stars characters. I always wanted to see Eternal Sailor Moon vs Sailor Star Fighter.

Ryan914

• View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: July 24, 2016, 09:46:25 pm »
Maybe a complete overhaul of Stargazers to make it more bearable (Faster overworld movement speed, proper enemy clusters, better music, etc)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: July 25, 2016, 12:03:00 am »
I think I sped up the game as fast as I could (reducing the frame delay between steps).
I recall there are Japanese hacks for the game but I think in speeding it up, they broke the collision detection (and also seeming to cause the player to get encounters every step).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: July 25, 2016, 07:17:43 am »
I wish someone would hack the droid planet in KOTOR 2 so that the Industrial Zone was split into 2-3 sections so my ancient laptop doesn't blow a fuse when playing because it's so gigantic.

It was the first time I ever had to mess with the graphics settings--and even then it was still 50/50 that any given spot in that area would run like garbage.

Leo_SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: July 25, 2016, 09:42:44 am »
Friends,

Rom Pokémon Hack is possible with the game Final Fantasy 4 (SNES)?

I'm sorry for my English.

Levy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:55:05 am by Leo_SCFC »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: July 25, 2016, 10:50:10 am »
If you're planning to just insert Pokemon as enemies or something then yes. If you were planning on including the catching mechanic, probably not.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

MegaManJuno

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: July 25, 2016, 11:53:19 am »
FF5 might make more sense in that regard, given the Beastmaster job's Catch/Control abilities..?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: July 25, 2016, 04:06:20 pm »
FF5 might make more sense in that regard, given the Beastmaster job's Catch/Control abilities..?
Also with VI given how many characters revolve around monsters.  Also the Magic learning system which can be replaced by TMs.

You could probably do this by altering Gau's abilities in particular.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: July 26, 2016, 08:42:50 am »
I have a more practical idea to throw around this time -

Everyone remember Soliel or better yet named as Crusader of Centy? Well people complained that the English text could have been better, but even the Soliel version had it's problems too. I think it would be better if it was just given a more better revision. The preference is to completely revise the European version since it is already uncensored (graphics-wise) for the most part. I don't know if this idea falls under this thread since this is basically a re-translation to clean up the text.

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3054 on: July 26, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »
I'd be cool if someone ported the graphics from the game Deflower into the Japanese version of Lode Runner. The graphics from Deflower are in this ROM called Prima Soft 9999999-in-1 (02 8807870-3)(Unl)[!]

Here's a clip    

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: July 26, 2016, 03:17:55 pm »
Can you cover some more specifics on Soliel/Crusader of Centy. I can't remember which region I played and it was many years ago when I was first experimenting with emulation for real (go genecyst) but I really liked the game and found the script pretty agreeable. Had some nice little jokes (that flower and the charging for the grass...), a pretty good tone and nothing that my somewhat younger self picked up on as far as typos and odd sentence construction.
If the Japanese version played it somewhat differently then OK but Soliel/Crusader of Centy was a fine little game when I played it.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: July 26, 2016, 03:24:54 pm »
Here's a weird idea that popped in my head while playing Mr. Nutz. A mod of Conker in the Mr. Nutz world. Weird idea, huh?

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: July 26, 2016, 03:45:21 pm »
Hey here's an idea I came across today: A hack of one of the Sailor Moon Fighting Games with replacing either S or Super S characters with Sailor Stars characters. I always wanted to see Eternal Sailor Moon vs Sailor Star Fighter.

I've honestly thought about doing this.  The only real issue is voices.  The Starlights were only in one game so the voices could partially be used there.  But they don't have any damage or death voices unless they can be ripped from the anime.  (Thankfully, I do have a custom Star Serious Laser and a genuine clean rip of Star Gentle Uterus from the anime and a partial fixed up Star Sensitive Inferno).

Eternal Moon could work since she had her poem on a single which included Moon Eternal! Make-Up! and Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss, which, the instrumental of the prologue comes out nearly FLAWLESS when the tracks are inverted.  I think the only issue overall would be the spriting.  Heck, if doable, I'd prefer the Starlights to be added in without replacing anyone.

Side track off of that, I've been heavily thinking of figuring out a way to modify Another Story so Tuxedo can come along and battle foes with you.  I have a pretty good custom of La Smoking Bomber using his original VA so it's quite doable.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Pape

• View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: July 26, 2016, 06:17:22 pm »
Side track off of that, I've been heavily thinking of figuring out a way to modify Another Story so Tuxedo can come along and battle foes with you.  I have a pretty good custom of La Smoking Bomber using his original VA so it's quite doable.
Since you mentioned Sailor Moon Another Story, it would be quite nice for Sailor Saturn to have both Silence Glaive Surprise and Silence Wall on her single tech list. If I remember correctly since I've played this game quite a few years ago. Sailor Saturn has two "physical" attacks. One where she uses her Silence Glaive to strike a target and the other is when she is confused (star above her head), she kicks the target instead of using her Silence Glaive. Also, her glaive attack deals lots of damage compare to the other sailor soldier's normal attack and their animation's are simply punches and/or kicks. Silence Wall would be a defensive tech, raising defense. There's a double tech that raises strength (Healing Shower). So why not a defense increasing tech. The kick animation would be Sailor Saturn's new physical attack animation.

I always wondered why Tuxedo Mask was never a playable character in the game myself...

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: July 26, 2016, 06:31:39 pm »
A few ideas I've been saving back

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of time with an original story and new dungeons?
The game was pretty decent with good customization options but way too short, especially with a high level character carried over several times.

Harvest Moon: Friends of the Apocalypse (Friends of Mineral town hack)
A post apocalyptic sequel to Friends of mineral town,
Takes place after the death/murder of the Harvest Goddess
Gameplay changes: combat, town building, farm defense.

Metroid: X Evolution
Sequel to Fusion, Main character is an escaped SA-X.
Gameplay changes: Copy ability, faster & smoother gameplay, more survival horror?, maybe rpg elements/towns/settlements/branching story?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:50:34 pm by SleepyFist »
Sleepy's Album of the week|| Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7W3JvZBJQ