News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2595686 times)

MontyMole

• No fun in the USA.
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #1940 on: June 24, 2015, 11:10:14 am »
One idea is convert Donkey Kong into a NES version of Chuckie Egg

If we are doing old Spectrum games, I'd love to see a Mr Wimpy hack of Burgertime, even if its just a quick sprite replacement job. 
A log of some kind.
. Videuss (Youtube)
it's not the official way and relies on luck\randomized placement of bears. USC

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: June 25, 2015, 09:53:10 pm »
A hack of BACK TO THE FUTURE 2&3 on the NES would be nice!! Being this is the year Marty Mcfly comes from the past to visit us in 2015, we could honor that by making this a good fun game somehow!! I want to fly the car, ride the hover board, ride a horse and drive the train over the bridge thru the game and not worry about the lost crap.
Are you aware that Super Back to the Future II (JPN) is substantially less terrible?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tgEx2LJAFU
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: June 25, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »
Why is everyone so obsessed with Burgertime? What is so special about that game? (Note: No, I've never even heard about the game until people start asking for hacks of it here.)

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: June 25, 2015, 10:37:26 pm »
It's one of the old school classic arcade games held in similar esteem as the likes of pac-man and space invaders.

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: June 26, 2015, 04:35:51 pm »
I was playing Faxanadu a bit here recently, and I got to thinking. What if Faxanadu could be hacked to be basically Zelda 2.5. The game already kind of plays like Zelda 2 in a lot of respects. It would be cool to either do a Zelda II hack that incorporated the towns of Faxanadu in a layout like the original game, or IMO a cooler hack would be to change the sprite of the main character in Faxanadu to Link and make some attempt to replicate the interaction physics of Zelda 2 more accurately. A completely overblown project could somehow mix the elements of the two games and have an overworld like Zelda, but now I know I've probably gone into lala land. I have no idea if this is even possible, so that was why I put the idea here to see if anyone could run with it. Would love to hear what anyone else thought about the idea.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence...

http://www.ffreconstructed.com/
https://www.facebook.com/DevilHunterMiyumi/

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: June 26, 2015, 06:22:16 pm »
It's surprising there are no Shining Force hacks with a Fire Emblem theme.

Fredde

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: June 27, 2015, 04:52:55 pm »
There should be a hack of Bad Dudes for each president of the United States. And the graphics should be time-appropriate. So in the George Washington version, the Dudes wear powdered wigs, and in the Abraham Lincoln version, they're fighting ninjas on top of horse carriages, and so on. It will of course always be ninjas kidnapping the presidents, since ninjas fit into any time period.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 04:04:10 am by Fredde »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: June 27, 2015, 05:28:15 pm »
There should be a hack of Bad Dudes for each president of the United States. And the graphics should be time-approrpiate. So in the George Washington version, the Dudes wear powdered wigs, and in the Abraham Lincoln version, they're fighting ninjas on top of horse carriages, and so on. It will of course always be ninjas kidnapping the presidents, since ninjas fit into any time period.

That's one of the best ideas I've heard in this thread yet.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Fredde

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: June 28, 2015, 07:46:29 am »
Also, for comedic effect, all the presidents still say "Let's go for a burger!" at the end.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: July 01, 2015, 09:31:05 pm »
Randomizer for entrance data in original Pokémon. As an example, entering your rival's house might take you to Celadon City's gym and exiting it will take you back outside of your rival's house rather than ending up in Celadon (you'd get stuck otherwise). With whatever rules necessary, such as having Elite 4 and Oak's lab unaffected.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: July 02, 2015, 07:10:50 am »
Dracula X: Nocturne of the Moonlight (Sega Saturn): A hack that fixes up the game so it actually does take the advantage of the power of the Sega Saturn, change the text to English and it would also change the sprites of Dracula's first and second forms in the first boss battle of the game to make them look more like their appearances from Rondo of Blood: http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Rondo_of_Blood_Dracula.png

Dracula X: Nocturne of the Moonlight (Sony PlayStation): A hack that adds all the new content from the Sega Saturn version to this game, uses Gemini's English translation patch and it would also change the sprites of Dracula's first and second forms in the first boss battle of the game to make them look more like their appearances from Rondo of Blood: http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Rondo_of_Blood_Dracula.png

Nightmare Creatures (Sony PlayStation): A hack that would add these features that were added in the N64 version. The platforming elements were made much easier in that version, the health-depleting adrenaline meter could also be turned off in the options menu, allowing players to explore the environments at a more leisurely pace.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Sony PlayStation 2): A hack that would add the hidden Doom Guy skater from the PC port to this version.

F-Zero (Super Nintendo): A hack that would add all 10 new tracks from BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2 to this game as two new Leagues, Ace League and Joker League.

Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (Super Nintendo): A hack that would restore and add Giant Baba to the roster and it would also let you turn off the Lumberjack option in Battle Royal mode as well.

Magical Flying Turbo Hat Adventure (Sega Genesis): A hack that would add a life meter this way you can take more hits like you can in Decap Attack and it would also change the text to English as well.

Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy): A hack that would add copy abilities for Kirby to this game. 

For the Frog the Bell Tolls (Game Boy): A hack that would make the game look more like the cancelled Game Boy Color remake they were working on back then: http://www.unseen64.net/2008/10/03/for-the-frog-the-bell-tolls-remake/

Strider (Arcade): A hack that would restore Hiryu's missing "Hah!" voice clip to all the American arcade roms.

Strider 2 (Arcade): A hack that would add Stage 00 and Hien Mode from the PSX port to all the Arcade roms.

Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64): A hack that would add all the new content that was added in the DS version to this version.

Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64): A hack that would restore the original unaltered billboards from the Japanese version to this version: https://tcrf.net/Mario_Kart_64#Billboards

Doom 64 (Nintendo 64): A hack that would expand the memory space of the rom so someone can add all the new enemies and levels from the Absolution PC conversion and the three unused music tracks that Aubrey Hodges released on his Bandcamp site to this game.

Duke Nukem 64 (Nintendo 64): A hack that de-censors the game to make it more like the recent PC conversion that came out a couple years ago.

Quake (Nintendo 64): A hack that would expand the memory space of the rom so someone can restore the six missing PC levels to this game.

Mario Party (Nintendo 64): A hack that would restore Wario's and Luigi's "Oh my god!" voice clips to the American version.

Mario Party 2 (Nintendo 64): A hack that would add Wario's and Luigi's "Oh my god!" voice clips to this game.

Bomberman 64 Arcade Edition (Nintendo 64): A hack that would change the text to English.

WWF No Mercy (Nintendo 64): A hack that would restore the missing full entrances, Big Show and fixes a bunch of bugs.

Conker's Bad Fur Day (Nintendo 64): A hack that restores all the unaltered and missing cutscenes and a texture hack that gives Conker his attire from Live & Reloaded.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 64): A hack that adds all the new content that was added to the 3DS port to this game and it would also de-censors the Skull Kid by giving him his skin texture from Ocarina of Time as well.

Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64): A hack that would make the Project M team's Project M for the N64 April Fools joke they did this year to a real N64 game and it would also restore the sound effects from the Japanese as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOuXKCvhTvw

WCW/nWo Revenge (Nintendo 64): A hack that does this stuff to it:

Give Bret Hart his missing elbow pads and wristbands for all of his costumes.
Finish the coding of Wrath and make a new code that would make new textures that would give him both of his 1997 & 1998 costumes as well.
Make several new codes and textures that would make a Revenge version of Ric Flair and add him to the roster, add his infamous "Woo" voice clip for his taunts as well.
Add red turnbuckle pads & the WCW Monday Nitro logo to the ring canvas for the Nitro arena.
Make several new codes that would add the WCW Thunder arena to this game.
Restore the cage match mode that was originally going to be in the Special Matches menu: https://tcrf.net/WCW/nWo_Revenge
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:36:16 am by SCD »

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #1951 on: July 03, 2015, 02:38:31 pm »
I'd want to see a Super Mario Land hack that turns it into a Super Mario World demake.  There are some really cool graphics for such a game here:

http://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=31541

We'd just need someone who's actually good enough to code all that in.
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

kain611

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 05, 2015, 04:53:48 pm »
Anyway FF4 could be hacked with the after years version of episodic stories? This may have been mentioned already. Just wondering if its a feasable idea or not.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: July 06, 2015, 12:08:28 am »
Maybe hack Pocket Puyo Puyo into a Game Boy version of Kirby's Avalanche? Sega did something similar with the Game Gear version.

MithrandirOlorin

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 06, 2015, 03:48:45 pm »
I have a few Ideas I don't have the skill to make myself.

1.  Mario is Missing and  Mario's Time Machine, the good versions.  SNES SMW Rom-hacks (With perhaps elements of other 16 bit Mario games thrown in) that take the story premise of those infamously not so Educational games and makes actual fun games out of them.  I would include for Time Machine it's SNES opening animation, I really liked that when I rented it back in the day, I don't recall if the SNES Mario is Missing had anything vigilante, I only played the NES version of that.

I've noticed some Mario World hacks use SMB3 koops who walk on all fours.  I don't like that, I prefer upright walking Koopas, what I love about the NES versions of those games is they gave 8-Bit versions of upright walking Koopas to work with.

2. Luigi Land, a GBA Rom-Hack of Super Mario Advance 4, that is also effectively is larger more epic Remake of Super Mario Land where you play as Luigi rather then Mario.  You fight through 4 worlds based on the 4 worlds of the original SML, but with SMB style game-play and Map Screens and more levels, and two Fortresses per world.

But instead of Tatanga showing up right away after beating the Boss of the 4th World, you go to a Fifth World, Tatanga's Starship.  During this world especially but maybe a little bit earlier some Kirby Superstar influence might be needed.

3.  The RPG ideas I have are a bit more ambitious and I'm gonna need put a bit more thought put into them before I share them here.  I'll just tease that one is NES and one is SNES.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 04:45:03 pm by MithrandirOlorin »

aterraformer

• View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 08, 2015, 02:41:16 am »
Mega Man 8 hack that put Mega Man & Bass on the PS1 with all the updated everything that would go along with it

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 08, 2015, 07:05:47 am »
A Top Gear hack, with the drivers changed to The Stig, and the word ballons all contain catchphrases from the show like "Poooower!" "Bollocks" and of course "Oh cock"

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #1957 on: July 08, 2015, 02:14:19 pm »
I have a few Ideas I don't have the skill to make myself.

1.  Mario is Missing and  Mario's Time Machine, the good versions.  SNES SMW Rom-hacks (With perhaps elements of other 16 bit Mario games thrown in) that take the story premise of those infamously not so Educational games and makes actual fun games out of them.  I would include for Time Machine it's SNES opening animation, I really liked that when I rented it back in the day, I don't recall if the SNES Mario is Missing had anything vigilante, I only played the NES version of that.

I've noticed some Mario World hacks use SMB3 koops who walk on all fours.  I don't like that, I prefer upright walking Koopas, what I love about the NES versions of those games is they gave 8-Bit versions of upright walking Koopas to work with.

2. Luigi Land, a GBA Rom-Hack of Super Mario Advance 4, that is also effectively is larger more epic Remake of Super Mario Land where you play as Luigi rather then Mario.  You fight through 4 worlds based on the 4 worlds of the original SML, but with SMB style game-play and Map Screens and more levels, and two Fortresses per world.

But instead of Tatanga showing up right away after beating the Boss of the 4th World, you go to a Fifth World, Tatanga's Starship.  During this world especially but maybe a little bit earlier some Kirby Superstar influence might be needed.

3.  The RPG ideas I have are a bit more ambitious and I'm gonna need put a bit more thought put into them before I share them here.  I'll just tease that one is NES and one is SNES.

I like your Mario ideas.  The first one could be pretty cool, though I swear I've seen something like that already.

As for the Super Mario Land game... well, the fan game Super Daisy Land was an early attempt at doing something a bit like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hoFREQGwv8

Wasn't a particularly great attempt, but it was an attempt.

There were also Mushroom Kingdom Fusion's attempts at some of the areas, which show something close to a nice art style for a remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB00HO2Mtzk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiWKv02-Hio
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

MithrandirOlorin

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: July 08, 2015, 05:19:10 pm »
Cool, those do look interesting, thanks.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 08, 2015, 05:51:12 pm »
An F-Zero hack that has these big name race tracks around the world :)