News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2099971 times)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #1440 on: September 08, 2014, 06:28:15 pm »
I would like to see a hack for Kirby's Dream Land that adds the copy abilities to it.

I also would like to see a hack for Mega Man III that removes the Doc Robot stages and makes the Wily Castle stages longer and tougher to make them more like the ones from the first two games.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:06:05 am by SCD »

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #1441 on: September 10, 2014, 07:49:00 am »
Fire Emblem GBA, tone down its brightness. Yet another victim of the original unlit display. :(

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 10, 2014, 09:55:19 am »
Edit the characters in any of the first three Paper Mario games to have their modern appearance, sort of like what Sticker Star did. For everything that game did wrong, I thought the updated designs were a neat little touch.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 12, 2014, 11:55:01 pm »
Fire Emblem GBA, tone down its brightness. Yet another victim of the original unlit display. :(
Come to think of it, Final Fantasy V Advance could use this too.  After that grand update to the sound restoration it's about the only thing left that needs altering.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 13, 2014, 12:05:27 pm »
Come to think of it, Final Fantasy V Advance could use this too.  After that grand update to the sound restoration it's about the only thing left that needs altering.
Better idea: Suggest the guys of VBA-M to add brightness and contrast sliders, along with presets for Original Settings, Backlit Settings and VBA-M Settings.

Dr. Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 15, 2014, 12:10:58 pm »
Here's another simple one that I don't feel like learning how to do. The music in Smash TV for the NES doesn't loop during gameplay, so it ends up being a really quiet game for some reason. Making it loop would be a surprisingly big improvement.
What is a man? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

failrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:07 am »
Can someone make link black without getting a bunch of bugs? I tried to learn how to do it and i got him to be black but everything started glitching and i threw in the towel. I was working with Zelda II on nes.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #1447 on: September 16, 2014, 09:22:46 am »
Should be a simple hex address change. The only issues I could imagine it causing would be with shared palettes, which definitely wouldn't be "bugs."

That aside, it looks like you're using 18 for his flesh. The x8 range of hues is the most hotly debated in the NES palette. Despite what some emulator palettes display, this range actually has a greenish tint on ntsc displays and in other emulators, resulting in a jaundice-look when used for flesh. The few black characters on the NES, if I'm not mistaken, use 17, or in the rare occasion 07 for skin.

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 16, 2014, 12:44:13 pm »
Let's see someone hack Little Nemo: The Dream Master so that for the first seven levels, Nemo has an alternate sprite set where he doesn't carry the Royal Scepter.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 16, 2014, 11:46:08 pm »
What about this?

A Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 ROM hacks that match that of the 2013 iOS and Android remakes by Taxman and Stealth.

Sonic 1: Should add a seventh special stage to make 7 Chaos Emeralds instead of 6 to unlock Super Sonic and Spin Dash.
Here's the options setting with all the hacks included for reference:

Sonic 2: Should add the Hidden Palace zone restoration in the proper place BUT with the Hidden Song #10 instead of the one Taxman & Stealth chose for the iOS release.

The thing is that those releases are EXCLUSIVE for Android and iOS systems, and we don't have any ROM hack that even comes close to those hacks.
It feels like a kick in the nuts since I always wanted to have Spin Dash+Super Sonic in Sonic 1 and the Hidden Palace Zone with #10 track in Sonic 2 (with no other zones but HPZ added). :(

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:51:59 pm by ShadowOne333 »

Jedi QuestMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 17, 2014, 12:47:38 am »
Let's see someone hack Little Nemo: The Dream Master so that for the first seven levels, Nemo has an alternate sprite set where he doesn't carry the Royal Scepter.
I've been tinkering with allowing Nemo to use the Morningstar (the sceptor) in the first seven stages but without being able to charge it. As you can see from this thread, we had some problems: :(

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=15080.0

Regardless, it still doesn't make sense that Nemo has the sceptor in the cutscenes before the stages when he's jumping into bed.

Arcane Studios Dredge

• Aspiring Romhacker of the Bloodline
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: September 17, 2014, 05:45:41 am »
How about some NES Hydlide hack ideas:
1. Include SRAM for game saving (so the previous game progress is still there even the game is turned on, no more inputting long passwords.).
2. Replace the game music with the MSX version's music.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:54:40 am by Arcane Studios Dredge »
We've gotta move these refrigerators,
We've gotta move these colour TV's!

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: September 17, 2014, 06:46:08 am »
What about this?

A Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 ROM hacks that match that of the 2013 iOS and Android remakes by Taxman and Stealth.

Sonic 1: Should add a seventh special stage to make 7 Chaos Emeralds instead of 6 to unlock Super Sonic and Spin Dash.

Sonic 2: Should add the Hidden Palace zone restoration in the proper place BUT with the Hidden Song #10 instead of the one Taxman & Stealth chose for the iOS release.

The thing is that those releases are EXCLUSIVE for Android and iOS systems, and we don't have any ROM hack that even comes close to those hacks.
It feels like a kick in the nuts since I always wanted to have Spin Dash+Super Sonic in Sonic 1 and the Hidden Palace Zone with #10 track in Sonic 2 (with no other zones but HPZ added). :(

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS!

Sonic Classic Heroes has almost everything plus a lot more.

You can play with a team of 3, a team of two, or any single character out of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Vector, Espio, and Charmy.
It includes both Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 which you can choose to play in one combined campaign.
It has the shields from Sonic 3, all characters have their associated moves, if you have at least 50 rings you can access 7 Sonic 1 Special Stages by entering the warp ring at the end of each act and the Sonic 2 special Stages by entering the star rings above the check point poles.

The only thing needed would be to add Hidden Palace Zone, Redz, Batbot, Stego, and Brass Eggman.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:04:27 am by Vanya »

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 17, 2014, 07:47:00 am »
Speaking of Taxman and Stealth's remasters of the Sonic games, I'd love to see a port of one of their alternate versions of Sonic 1:

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 17, 2014, 11:50:21 am »
Super Mario Bros. 3 has a fun Game Genie code. Fine-tune it and "eliminate" objects that crash.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: September 17, 2014, 10:45:24 pm »
actually, all the hacks i currently have downloaded can all be found here (Devolution, Envy Hack, and Coliseum). i'm pretty sure i remember seeing something like a full game hack somewhere that wound up getting a C&D and had development halted though, not sure what the title was.

ah, heres some info on it, it was called Crimson Echoes. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=8419.0

now then, i have an idea but i'm not sure if it could even be pulled off. maybe someone could do a hack of castlevania symphony of the night and bring the rumored boss fight with maria (demon?) to life?
Ah I see.  Actually CT: CE, it back, but different title name.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: September 18, 2014, 02:42:40 am »
How about some NES Hydlide hack ideas:
1. Include SRAM for game saving (so the previous game progress is still there even the game is turned on, no more inputting long passwords.).
2. Replace the game music with the MSX version's music.

I got one more detail to add 'ere
- Fix the game overall to make more playable and less of a buggy mess

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 18, 2014, 12:02:00 pm »
Super Mario Bros. 3 has a fun Game Genie code. Fine-tune it and "eliminate" objects that crash.
So if there can be anything inside a block, can there be a boat?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 18, 2014, 08:59:29 pm »
So if there can be anything inside a block, can there be a boat?
Family Guy? Haha.

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 19, 2014, 12:08:13 am »
How about a hack of Sonic 2 where the second player can control the Tornado during Sky Chase Zone, just like in Sonic 4 Episode 2?