News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1312252 times)

Peachboy105

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #1260 on: May 24, 2014, 02:05:53 pm »
Hi guys I'm new to this site and I don't know which category this topic would fall into so yeah. Anyways there is this game called Sonic Pinball Party for the GBA. Now there's this story mode in the game which is basically a tournament in which you have to advance through and there are no tournaments after this like at all, it's only in story mode which sucks. Now let's get on to the info: Basically I would like someone to make an editing tool for the rom/game ''Sonic Pinball Party'' where you could delete 16 of the original contestants in story mode and add in 256 contestants to the tourney roster and 15 out of 256 A.I opponents would be chosen to participate in the tournament also there would be a 14 character limit for the names of the contestants and human player (yes we'll be able to change the human player's name as well). And I would love it if the placements of the contestants in the tournament would be completely randomized as well as the matchups between the A.I opponents and Human Player and as well as the outcome of the battles for the A.I matches. Also one more thing there are goals that you have to do in order to beat the A.I opponent so I would like for the goals to be randomized as well as the stages that you are going to play on. Also I would like there to be 32,64,128,and 256 man tournaments implemented into the editing tool if possible. I hope someone can make this editing tool for me :) Thank you for taking your time to read this whoever is reading xDD.

blablabla

• View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 26, 2014, 04:50:56 am »
illusion of gaia patch request:

in illusion of gaia, text usually appears a whole box at a time rather than gradually. this wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that in addition to the A or B button the d-pad can click away text as well (but only the final page). more often than not, this results in accidentally clicking away unexpected dialogue that pops up when you're walking. what i hope one of you could whip up, is a patch that removes the d-pads ability to close dialogue boxes. if anyone feels up to doing that, it would be much appreciated

Jonesy47

• View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 26, 2014, 05:54:51 pm »
Even though we got The Jetsons: Invasion of the Planet Pirates here in the states, someone whould really translate Youkai Buster - Ruka no Daibouken into english. It has much better character art. I also personally hate the Jetsons, ha.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 26, 2014, 09:45:44 pm »
You know how in Super Mario 64 that we continue to stay in the level if we get a star from 100 coins, right? Also from 8 red coins in each Bowser level. Anyway, make that apply to every star. One flaw I see with this is that some stars require selecting the right objective to obtain (Koopa the Quick and snowball for example), but shouldn't pose much issue to those who knows the game well to know when to leave and reenter the level.

Just a Username

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 29, 2014, 09:14:34 am »
I know it would be minor compared to a lot of stuff here but it's still something I really want, anyways.

Makai Toushi SaGa on the Wonderswan Colour, a remake of Final Fantasy Legend 1 for the Game Boy is what I wanted patched.

I want a minor glitch fixed that makes the Saw kill enemies with more defence than the user of the saw's strength rather than less defence. While it does make the end games bosses much easier, I would rather have it fulfil it's proper purpose, taking out weaker enemies as it is the "cheap" item of the section, so I can grind for money while beating the enemies in the subway.

And considering this is a game where weapons will eventually break, you'll want the cheapest item you can buy to get quick cash. Plus if this patch is done, it'll take away the temptation of taking down the final boss the easy way...

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 29, 2014, 11:30:59 pm »
Hi, I'd like to suggest some things regarding Mega Man: The Wily Wars for the Sega Genesis, specifically regarding a few errors compared to the original NES games.

In the original Mega Man 3, Proto Man uses special sprites for his appearance at the end of the game:

However, in the Wily Wars version, he uses the wrong graphics:

His proper graphics are still in the game, however:

Another issue to fix is the MM3 cutscenes. In the original NES game, after you beat Break Man, Mega Man is seen teleporting into Dr. Light's lab, and in the ending, he is seen teleporting out of it. In the Wily Wars version, this happens the other way around.

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 29, 2014, 11:56:03 pm »
Hack idea: Redo the NES version of Metal Gear to make it source accurate to the MSX2 original

Yoshiatom

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 30, 2014, 10:49:38 am »
Has anyone played the PAL vesions of Mega Man 1&2? If so you may notice that the game and it's music seems to run slower than it does on the NTSC versions...
I would like to see a hack that corrects the timings of the PAL versions to bring them up to the speed of the NTSC versions.
Hi, I'd like to suggest some things regarding Mega Man: The Wily Wars for the Sega Genesis, specifically regarding a few errors compared to the original NES games.
You might also want to consider re-drawing Proto Man, as he looks way to short next to the Wily Wars version of Mega Man.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 30, 2014, 11:34:45 am »
You might also want to consider re-drawing Proto Man, as he looks way to short next to the Wily Wars version of Mega Man.

Not just him. None of the robot masters were resized to match up with Rock's new height.
Actually, it would probably be easier (and more consistent) to change Rock back to his original height.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 30, 2014, 05:36:18 pm »
Has anyone played the PAL vesions of Mega Man 1&2? If so you may notice that the game and it's music seems to run slower than it does on the NTSC versions...
I would like to see a hack that corrects the timings of the PAL versions to bring them up to the speed of the NTSC versions.You might also want to consider re-drawing Proto Man, as he looks way to short next to the Wily Wars version of Mega Man.

Is the PAL version otherwise notable-- more/different levels, more music, more like the Japanese game....? If not then it is fairly serious hack to attempt (there is a reason many a dev did not bother and just added black lines and slowdown, right up through the 16 bit era) for no great gain as you can just use the NTSC/NA version instead.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #1270 on: May 31, 2014, 12:39:35 am »
Quite frankly, I think Wily Wars is an ugly game overall.

akafa123

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 01, 2014, 09:24:42 am »
I wanted to translate game called TO Heart: Dungeon Travelers 2, but no luck. I managed to extract the sound, but not text. I found him in EBOOT and edited some lines, but they are not changed in game.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/to-heart-2-dungeon-travelers.366456/

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 04, 2014, 03:41:50 pm »

It can be fixed
If Fans can fix Castlevania II then why not Wily Wars?

The_Atomik_Punk!

• Nobody Rules these Streets at Night but Me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:41 pm »
Hey guys, first time poster here. I have a hack request that I believe would be fairly straightforward. I would love to see a NES romhack that replaces the Ducktales "The Moon" level theme, with that from the USA Beta "Moon Surface".

If you'v enever heard the difference before, check it out here:(Go to 4:41 to hear the comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRhOaznqPeo

I've always felt, that despite seemingly unanimous praise of Ducktales "The Moon" theme, that it's way too fast to allow it's melodic motif to unfold itself. When I got an N8 Everdrive and had the opportunity to play the unreleased beta version of Ducktales, I was a revelation as to how much better the Beta "Moon Surface" was originally.

To me, the slower tempo of the Beta version fits perfectly with the melodic theme that was originally composed. It sounds like a proper ending theme now, with a hopeful yet slightly melancholic feeling expressed, something fitting the "final struggle" of a game as you persevere against adversity to complete the task, finally reaching the end.

This to me was obviously how the song was meant to sound, as this is how it was originally composed. The final release didn't change the composition itself at all, it just sped it up drastically, something that makes it far less effective of a song than it originally was in the Beta IMO.

Personally, I'm not a fan of any of the other "changes" in the Beta (Burgers instead of Ice Cream, reduced point values, level names, etc), so I would ideally only like the "Moon Surface" track from the Beta inserted into the USA release of Ducktales.

I think it would be a great service to the retro gaming community to allow others to hear one of the indisputably most iconic retro game songs as it was originally meant to be- kind of making a classic all over again. If anyone would be willing to do this, I would be eternally grateful. If you require the ROMS (Ducktales Beta and official release), just let me know!

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 04, 2014, 10:43:23 pm »
^If the only difference is tempo, that could be a very easy change. I don't know how the music engine in DuckTales works, but if it uses some kind of hardcoded tempo variable for each song, it could be as simple as changing a single value in ROM. (I'm not offering to do it, alas, as I don't have the skills or tools.)

The_Atomik_Punk!

• Nobody Rules these Streets at Night but Me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: June 05, 2014, 02:11:22 pm »
^If the only difference is tempo, that could be a very easy change. I don't know how the music engine in DuckTales works, but if it uses some kind of hardcoded tempo variable for each song, it could be as simple as changing a single value in ROM. (I'm not offering to do it, alas, as I don't have the skills or tools.)

Wow, that would be awesome if it were that simple. Hopefully someone is willing to take a look in the ROM to see.

LegallyBlindGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 05, 2014, 03:06:44 pm »
I would like to see a simple hack for A Link to the Past that adds walls to the platform where you fight Moldorm so he can't knock you out of the arena and onto the floor below. That's probably my biggest issue with A Link to the Past. Actually, that could be a change in a much larger Link to the Past EasyType.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 05, 2014, 09:06:16 pm »
Roll there is surprisingly not cute   :(

TheDandyMan

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 06, 2014, 07:14:46 am »
Rockman & Forte is too hard, you take too much damage, you don't do enough damage, boss AI is unpredictable and the level design is mean. If someone could ease up the Super Famicom version of the game to be as difficult as, say, ZX Advent, that'd be great.

Obvious stuff to add:
-Add E-Tanks, or at least give Bass an item that heals him.
-Rush Jet/Coil
-Make the Ice Wall hurt Burner Man
-Let Mega Man slide with the dash button
-Shorter after-hit invincibility for bosses when hit with Bass Buster.

Hell, maybe you can do something real crazy, like letting the player switch between the two characters during a level.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:22:10 am by TheDandyMan »

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 06, 2014, 02:20:26 pm »
Something about Minish Cap that bugs me and I think one could make a hack for them:
  • The duel against the three Darknuts before Vaati. One could script that to put an on-screen timer or remove the time limit completely, since the battle is VERY hard.
  • Kinstone Fusions could use a revamp, like causing the fickle fusers to stop "giving up" on fusions like they always do and stay ready for fusing no matter what.
  • Replace the Lantern with a functional Fire Rod that, when equiped, should allow link to hold it in front of him at all times, lit, ready to light up torches, but also allows him to shoot fireballs by attacking with it. Seems the Temple of Droplets boss was intended to be defeated with a Fire Rod, and the Ice Wizzrobes figurines ALSO hints that need.
  • After having Four Swords imbued with all 4 elements, have a "dancing" mailbox appear next to the post office for you to fuse Kinstones that you would normally need to find the Shared Fusers to do so.
  • Add Butter and link it to a Picolyte quest (for such quest, you need Crenel Mineral Hot Spring Water and Lon Lon Milk). Perhaps have the milk turn to butter after staying in hot places for too long with the milk.
  • Add a "Master Sword", perhaps as a replacement to doing all Kinstone Fusions and getting the Tingle Trophy. It is known there is an unused sword data between the 3 elements and 4 elements swords.
  • Podoboo, Mini-Podoboo, Zol and Gel could appear in the game. The Podoboos could appear in the Temple of Fire, where Zols and Gels could appear in Royal Crypt (which has a Legend of Zelda NES vibe).
  • Add Explosive Arrows if possible. I know you can shoot Bombs with Gust Jar, but the arrow is faster and reliable for a quicker shoot.
  • Turn Light Arrow into a piercing projectile. So far it is the most useless upgrade due to how long it takes to use.
  • Some Unused Musics could find a place in the game. The "Small Item Get" one could be applied for opening chests that contains small keys, ruppes or for when such items are found in the open.