News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2707586 times)

Celice

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #720 on: June 22, 2013, 01:22:03 am »
I remember seeing that image a year or two ago... I thought is was awesome. But just a week ago, I stumbled across a Japanese file uploader with various romhacking files, documents, and tools, and one of these uploads... just happens to have that exact Gilgamesh battlesprite, in VERY similar form :o

The file and its uploader are below.

I had been looking for those sprites. Do you have them all?

http://ffbin.sp.land.to/src/FF_0140.zip

Rather late, but I was browsing some Japanese romhack uploader and found these sprite rips/prepared sheets of the After Years sprites. Not all of them are here, but a sizeable amount are... There's also what look to be a few FFV sprites too, battle animations for NPCs who aren't normally seen in battle.

I'm guessing this resource is up for grabs. Here's the source:

http://ffbin.sp.land.to/upload.html

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #721 on: June 29, 2013, 08:30:47 am »
Integrating a double jump in The Great Battle V (SFC) could warp it into the list of the best platformers on the console. Without it seems cheaply unfair and broken at some points.

Edit; This was supposed to go into the ideas thread, sorry guys...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:15:03 pm by ChronoMoogle »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 30, 2013, 01:56:14 am »
Integrating a double jump in The Great Battle V (SFC) could warp it into the list of the best platformers on the console. Without it seems cheaply unfair and broken at some points.

Edit; This was supposed to go into the ideas thread, sorry guys...

Did you mean Great Battle IV?
Unless 5 changes from a Wild Guns knockoff target shooting into a platformer? I didn't play very far into it.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #723 on: June 30, 2013, 11:31:35 am »
Sorry, nevermind. I figured out that every subcharacter has some kind of doublejump if you use their charged attack in midair.
And yes, V changes from Megaman-alike to Wild Guns depending on the stage.

PatchFace

« Reply #724 on: July 02, 2013, 07:23:07 am »
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for someone with the knowledge to help me out with something BIG.

Is there anyone out there who could take an already hacked Pokemon ROM and edit it to completely REMOVE the credits OR make the game continue without needing to be restarted after playing against the Elite Four?

The ROM Hack in question is Pokemon UltraViolet. I have already contacted the creator but while I wait for a reply I thought I would post this idea out there.

I'm trying to find an alternative route to my 1-M circuit board problem after playing through to the Elite Four on my psp using only savestates. I believe if it is possible to create my idea then I won't have to start an entirely new game (losing 160+ hours of gameplay is not a fun concept to me), and I could just continue to play using savestates.  :)

Please contact me directly if you think you (or someone you know) is capable of doing such a thing.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2013, 07:40:08 am »
I'd love it if someone would take Final Fantasy Complete Collection and increase the character limit on PC names to 7. Why? Because it chaps my ass that a game with a VWF won't let me input Edward's real mane, Gilbert. Alternatively, adding an extra character into the font set would work too.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 07, 2013, 09:39:00 pm »
I agree, but I'd also love a quick hack that lets you name Edward's mane Gilbert, too  :P

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:06 am »
That too.

As long as I'm at it there a a couple other things I'd add or change.

New sprites for certain NPCs. All the soldiers in Baron look like Red Wings except for the royal guardsmen, but there are Red Wing looking dudes that say they are dragoons, they should have a dragoon sprite. The guards in Troia should at least have shoulder pads and a different palette so they don't look exactly like the average dancer. The soldiers in Eblan cave should look like ninjas. The Hummingways should at least look like they have a turban under those hoods.

InsertCoin25

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 08, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »
I am new to these forums, but have an idea for a rom hack. What if you hacked the characters in Dusty Diamond Softball/Softball Heaven (Japanese Version) into characters from Nes games. Characters such as Mario, Wart, Bomberman, Kid Icarus, Link, Ryan (River City Ransom), etc. If I could understand how to modify a rom I would start this process. I believe this would be a great hack and call it something like Nes All Star Softball (or something).

InsertCoin25

Nosuch

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 08, 2013, 03:25:57 pm »
That sounds like it'd be a pretty fun idea. :thumbsup: I don't have any advice for that specific game, but here's a general all-purpose guide package to hopefully help you get started.

The Newbie Package of REQUIRED Material

ROMHacking.net FAQ: You ask, we answer!
ROMHacking.net Getting Started Section: Newbies Go HERE!
ROMHacking.net Documents Section!
How to ask questions the smart way.
On the Essence of ROM Hacking
Talk with experienced people in our IRC chat and ask specific questions there.

Heck, I'm almost curious to dig into it myself now just to see how hard it might be to hack it. :happy:

InsertCoin25

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 08, 2013, 04:42:46 pm »
Yeah I thought it would be a great idea ;D. I downloaded Tile Layer Pro and started messing with the graphics on Dusty Diamond and it doesn't seem difficult for an experienced rom hacker and I am a complete newbie (this was the first time I ever messed with anything on a nes rom). I got a graphic up and running pretty easy using this program. Only problem I have is getting the colors correct and being able to show the color black (black on tile layer pro is used to erase). But other then that I had Ryan from River City Ransom throwing a pitch :woot!:. I am going to continue to mess around with this and see what I can do. Seems like a really fun project. Any advice on using a palette on Tile Layer Pro to get the colors correct?

Thanks
InsertCoin25

joe73ffdq

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 08, 2013, 05:02:50 pm »
Hi, Im new to RHDN forums, and I have a great hack idea if there were only an editor for that game. Dragon Warrior 2 NES needs a complete overhaul. I would change just about everything in this game to bring it up to the standards of DW4 or later entries. What I have in mind is a tall order, so hear me out.

Complete character editing, including level up gains and magic learned.

Weapon/Armor/Item/Shop/Spell editing.

Full monster editing including, all stats, behaviors, resistances, locations, and battle formations.

Map editing with the ability to create new Towns/Castles/Dungeons, including expansion to the ROM size.

About 15 new Weapons, 20 new Armors, 7 new Shields, 7 new Helmets, 10 new Accessories, and 10 new Items added to the code.

Around 30 new Monsters added to the code, with full sprite and graphic editing to create what you want.

Around 15 new Spells added, including Fire, Lightning, and Ice type elemental properties added into the code.

Dialogue and Text editing, including expansion to the code to add more.

Expand the 255 limit to 4095 for enemy HP, 999 for everyones Attack/Defense/MP and character HP.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 09, 2013, 05:35:45 am »
You night as well just program a new game then. It would probably be easier.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 09, 2013, 09:10:53 pm »
I think it's certainly doable with the original game, but you'd need some actual skill to implement these upgrades, if there's not enough room in the default ROM.

What I'd actually suggest, however, is recreating the game with a different base game. Look into some of the DQ clones on the market, and see if any of them would make a good base for your project.

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #734 on: July 09, 2013, 09:14:10 pm »
Or, just break out RPG Maker VX Ace and go from there.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

mdtauk

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 10, 2013, 02:36:07 pm »
Zelda 1 and 2, remade using the Link's Awakening/Oracles engine

cirellio

« Reply #736 on: July 11, 2013, 04:47:05 pm »
I just joined this site and there are some AMAZING things to be found here.
A few examples that come to mind are Metroid + Save, Metroid II DX, Super Mario Land colour, Pokemon: Ultra Violet version, all of the sound and color restoration hacks for the gba Final Fantasies, and so many more.

But here's a small list of things I was hoping to find here:

Hikaru No Go 2
(GBA English patch)

Tetris
(color patch for the original GB rom)

Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins
(color patch - the one here looks GREAT, but it is sadly bugged)

Super Mario Bros 2
(Doki Doki Panic patch, or something along these lines)

Mortal Kombat
(Blood mod for SNES version or sound/graphic mod for GEN version)

Metal Gear
(NES - translation/spelling fixes)

Knuckles' Chaotix
(Manual stage select instead of Combi Catcher)

Kirby's Dreamland and Dreamland 2
(color patches)

Kid Icarus
(NES - Zeus always appears in his rooms, no falling through floors)

Earthbound
(Extended inventory)

Contra/Probotector
(NES - Famicom translation or add what was missing to the US version)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »
There's already at least two translations for Contra available.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

IlDucci

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 13, 2013, 04:41:06 pm »
One small stupid hack I'd like to do would be to the Spanish version of Syphon Filter 3.

Some idiot changed the sound frequency of all the voices, making them play at a lower speed than it should be.

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • http://ff6hacking.com/
« Reply #739 on: July 14, 2013, 05:46:32 pm »
The only game I have experience with hacking is FFVI, so I couldn't do this, but what I would really like to see is a hack that makes Seiken Densetsu 3's combat more similar to that of Secret of Mana, in the sense that the characters do not move all slow-like upon encountering monsters, they would continue to be the same speed as when they are normally walking or running around. So I guess it would be something like a battle speed-up patch. And too go along with this, I would also like the characters to always have their weapons out while in monster zones.

I realize that it would be much harder to also make it so the background does not become closed off while in combat, but removing/re-coding that would be super awesome as well.  :)

Does anyone have any SD3 hacking experience?