Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.

Started by Piotyr, March 23, 2007, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MontyMole

Disgaea 2 for PSP and probably the original PS2 version as well.

Clean up all the text around subpoena's and whenever you steal an item. It needs a space added before the item / person wanted as it currently lookslike this, but should: look like this.

Wouldn't mind a couple of QoL updates from the later games.

Throwing a character for the modern area spaces rather than a + shape as it is.

Some small level text added to items that have been dived into via item world. If not doable, just a subtle change of colour, just to see at a glance what you've entered before.

A log of some kind.
. Videuss (Youtube)
it's not the official way and relies on luck\randomized placement of bears. USC

Googie

Here's a couple of ideas... ;)

Put Boswette in Kart Fighter "using the English Translation as a base".

Put Boswette in Somari.

:D 

gtsamour

Noise fix for Shinobi (J) for the PCEngine, the noise in this game is horrible.

Drewhinson7

ok here are my two ideas that i know could be a perfect idea

1. Spaceballs The Video Game Based on the 1987 film of the same name (Bassiclly a gfx reskin for the jvc star wars or the namco version for nes and famicom) the idea came from a nes custom label etsy listing

2. An english translation of the famicom game napoleon senki or a recreation of what the us release would look like
the idea came from a recent ebay listing from an auction i think

Vanya

Change all the recycled Robot Masters in Mega Man 1-4 GB / RMW 1-4 into new ones based on the unused concept art from complete works.

insectduel

MSU-1 is the ability to add CD-Quality tracks to any SNES game.
Modifying the music within the SNES game which I have no knowledge of.
Mega Man 10 music into the Mega Man X game and I mean X1.
Twitter, Facebook & E-mails only, DM's at RHDN won't be answered.

SCD

With 3DS hacking starting to pick up, I would like to see someone create a graphics hack for 3D OutRun that will restore the original appearance of the car where it looked like the Ferrari Testarossa Spider for all colored versions of it:

Including restore the original appearances of the Porsche car, the KTM billboard sign and the Marlboro lookalike sign, I found out they were also censored in this port from this article I read: http://reassembler.blogspot.com/2014/04/3ds-outrun.html

Hopefully this will be possible to do to the Switch port as well.

I also discovered that most of the billboard signs in the 3DS port of Super Hang-On were censored, I would like to see someone restore the original ones back to the game.

Vanya

Un-localized title screens for...
"Clock Tower" and "Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within"

...so that it is clear that you are actually playing...
"Clock Tower 2" and "Clock Tower: Ghost Head" (which is actually a gaiden).

A re-translation of Clock Tower: Ghost Head might be another option since I've heard the original had a better story.

Megatronformayor

A hack for the ps1 Crash and Spyro games with the audio from the remakes would be amazing.

Tsukiyomaru0

I wonder how feasible it would be to hack in other modes for Aria of Sorrow that simply changes Soma's starting stats and growth, equipment, and souls, based on the name set at start. Idea for modes:
8 characters
• Thief Mode "Danasty" - Start at 30 LCK, but everything else on single digits and under 5 points, scales more towards LCK. Starting equip includes Baselard and Rare Ring, and additional starting soul is Mimic.
• Magic Mode "Belnades" - Start at 30 INT, 10 LCK, but everything else on single digits and under 5 points, scales more toward INT with decent LCK scaling. Starts without weapon, but with Silk Robe and Rune Ring, and additional starting soul is Flame Demon.
* Ronin Mode "Fumaden" - Start at 20 STR and CON, but INT and LCK at 5, scales evenly. Starting equip includes Onikiri, Samurai Armor, Red Scarf, and additional starting soul is Headhuntress.

Creature667

A hack of Castlevania (any game but the first one because lets face it, there are waaaay too many Castlevania 1 hacks out there to begin with) but the music plays (and only plays) "Why Not" by Ghostface whenever _Insert Belmont_ is walking. Since the Belmont Strut and Doctor Livesey's Phonk Walk are basically the same thing. Castlevania: Simons Quest to Soviet Treasure Island.
Yo! I be gettin' them fat stacks shootin smack, makin rom hacks and sniffin butt-cracks... Boy,  I know this rhyme is whack, and my use of alliteration isn't exactly exhilarating, but it sure beats being depressed and on medicine, dressed like a furry and beating my meat to venison.

gtsamour

Justin thank you so much for fulfilling my request about a PCE Shinobi noise fix. Tried it today and the patch made a hell of a difference !!! Love this game but this noise was getting in my nerves.
Thank you !

Noside

FAST6191

Quote from: Tsukiyomaru0 on November 04, 2022, 04:52:00 PMI wonder how feasible it would be to hack in other modes for Aria of Sorrow that simply changes Soma's starting stats and growth, equipment, and souls, based on the name set at start. Idea for modes:
8 characters
• Thief Mode "Danasty" - Start at 30 LCK, but everything else on single digits and under 5 points, scales more towards LCK. Starting equip includes Baselard and Rare Ring, and additional starting soul is Mimic.
• Magic Mode "Belnades" - Start at 30 INT, 10 LCK, but everything else on single digits and under 5 points, scales more toward INT with decent LCK scaling. Starts without weapon, but with Silk Robe and Rune Ring, and additional starting soul is Flame Demon.
* Ronin Mode "Fumaden" - Start at 20 STR and CON, but INT and LCK at 5, scales evenly. Starting equip includes Onikiri, Samurai Armor, Red Scarf, and additional starting soul is Headhuntress.
That is the sort of thing you could probably make with a cheat -- stat cheats, inventory cheats... all fairly basic things and probably already made at some level.
Scaling alterations gets a bit harder as trying to do enough cheats to make that work for 99 or whatever it was levels will probably make most cheat engines fall over (most emulator ones will do it happily though) unless you managed to do some kind of maths fun with it to generate it with another value. If you did turn it into a hack then this would not be so bad as you would just watch whatever changes it upon level up and attack that instead (something you could probably also port to a cheat).

Personally I would make three separate hacks but you could also alter the name entry screen/name value to adjust things accordingly. If there is not already some kind of hidden unlock for a bonus character then you would have to either add it in there, or add a further check on stats to looks at the name value to see if it equals one of your chosen things and acts accordingly*.

*now I am thinking back to roguelikes with gods dictating stats by your in game actions and wondering if I should take a level in Fumaden.

Drewhinson7

hey so its been 8 days and im wondering if anyone have seen my ideas for both star wars nes and napoleon famicom

LaudinoInfamous

Guys, I'm wanting to do the romhack I mentioned, the KOF 2002 New Remix, but I'm want a program called win p1 p2, which is used to edit poses and specials. Does anyone have or own?

Anyone who has or knows, send the link or the file to my email: laudinoinfamous@gmail.com

FAST6191

While I can't rule out someone having it I tried multiple search engines and multiple terms and could not even get a mention of the program there. Where did you see it mentioned? Did you try archive.org / wayback machine on any downloads mentioned there?

"https://web.archive.org/web/20080309104350/http://etk.scener.org/?op=tutorial" being an example, though you can change the date.

Quote from: Drewhinson7 on November 06, 2022, 03:31:59 PMhey so its been 8 days and im wondering if anyone have seen my ideas for both star wars nes and napoleon famicom
That is not really how this thread works. For the most part you are yelling into the void here, replies then being if something has already been done, is being worked on publicly or what you might need to do to make it yourself (cheats, existing tools, existing code, what sorts of techniques and what degree of difficulty it would incur...).

Space Balls spoof type hack using a Star Wars game as a template. I love me some spaceballs and if the base game is any good (or could be tweaked by the one doing this) then I am sure this would be more amusing still.

Translations of any game are welcome and desirable, the trick is doing it. Hope that prototype/unreleased cart does not get dumped while it is being translated.

eeHeeY

I've always wanted a conversion of Saiyuuki World into the game it's a (heavily modified) port of, Wonder Boy in Monster Land.

Drewhinson7

Quote from: FAST6191 on November 06, 2022, 07:36:31 PMWhile I can't rule out someone having it I tried multiple search engines and multiple terms and could not even get a mention of the program there. Where did you see it mentioned? Did you try archive.org / wayback machine on any downloads mentioned there?

"https://web.archive.org/web/20080309104350/http://etk.scener.org/?op=tutorial" being an example, though you can change the date.
That is not really how this thread works. For the most part you are yelling into the void here, replies then being if something has already been done, is being worked on publicly or what you might need to do to make it yourself (cheats, existing tools, existing code, what sorts of techniques and what degree of difficulty it would incur...).

Space Balls spoof type hack using a Star Wars game as a template. I love me some spaceballs and if the base game is any good (or could be tweaked by the one doing this) then I am sure this would be more amusing still.

Translations of any game are welcome and desirable, the trick is doing it. Hope that prototype/unreleased cart does not get dumped while it is being translated.

its just i dont have the skill at all and the idea came to me cause i saw an etsy listing of a spaceballs the game nes cart label and a ebay auction of the famicom game napoloen senki

lestat_chronicles

Hello, folks. New site member here. I saw some rom hack games on youtube which I found so darn dope. They did inspire me to try making my own. Yes, I assume it's a lot of work. Though, I was recommended to check this website (romhacking) out to learn more . Can anybody please tell me what groups on this website explain how to make rom hacks? In the meantime, I'd like to share some ideas for a toad rom hack , as a Mario Bros spin off. You can see such in the images below. Mind you, they are just photoshop edits I made to give an idea what the game could look like... Cheers. -Les