Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.

Started by Piotyr, March 23, 2007, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaudinoInfamous

Hi, for someone who knows Sonic, could make this:

The name is Sonic Overmix and here the information to include to the hack:

• The the non-canonical series will have 5 (or 6 if you/they want).

• There will be additional and new characters for each series in the game. 

• Each character will have their moveset, HUD, title card, winning poses, level's design (stage with character style) and music (Such as 1UP themes, speed shoes, and invincibility).

• New mini bosses.

•The mini bosses and the boss will gain energy bar

• New item boxes, Badniks, sprites, levels and if possible, the flickies

• Wall running from Sonic and Ashuro ( Some levels and acts they will have horizontally, vertical, diagonal and will not low the speed of the character)

• This Overmix series will be in Mega Drive/Genesis and if possibly, later port in Mega CD/Sega CD

And there's still more, if you want, I'll send it in this topic

E.Signal

Fix the janky controls on Street Fighter 1 (Arcade) and if possible, make the other characters playable. I'm surprised no one has addressed this problem, Yeah I know the original Street Fighter is not as good as the sequels, but at least if the problem with the controls was fixed and making the other characters playable, the game would be better, but still not as good as the sequels.

KingMike

Quote from: pocket on April 18, 2022, 07:23:37 PM
There were also plans to add more, the project stalled but seems to be moving again last time I checked the thread on Sonic Retro. You might be better off asking around there, but idk how newcomer friendly they are given it is a Sonic fan community and...
The impression I got is they probably aren't newcomer friendly.
I think that was the site where if you want a forum membership, you have to take a Sonic ROM hacking test!  :D
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

MD_Prometh

Crisis Core FFVII hack idea - provide an option to remove the menu sound effect in combat

could be something as simple as adding a toggle in the options menu

I like the game, but always wanted to turn off that menu sound during combat. I can tolerate it for when I'm picking an option, but hearing it over and over again when selecting attack is a bit annoying

MiguelS

Super Mario All-Stars (USA) (SNES):

It would be cool if a hack could remove the face portraits of Mario that appear in the bonus pipe/coin rooms in SMB1 and SMBLL so they just have black backgrounds.

Other changes: None.

Sango09

BMF54123's SMAS SMB/Lost Levels Brick Fix (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/167/) is great, but I can't use it because I only have the Japanese ROM... :'(
Would anyone be willing to prepare a version for non-US region ROMs so that more people can use this hack?

MD_Prometh

Illusion of Gaia retranslation for SNES:

A retranslation hack of Illusion of Gaia using the script created by L Thammy, which is uncensored and uses the original Japanese names.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-play-illusion-of-gaia-but-in-japanese-gaia-gensouki-retranslation-attempt.171584/

julayla

Hmmm...you know, despite there being a Gravity Falls game already made for handheld/consoles (the 3ds one), it's too bad that the series never got more games (same with Star vs, Amphibia, Centaurworld, or Owl House). And honestly, I wouldn't mind a rom hack of a Zelda, Fire Emblem, Metroid, or Mario game to make it about either of those shows. I know it's time and effort, and it's complicated, but it'd be neat.

April 24, 2022, 07:25:01 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

You know, watching the recent Peanuts special AND listening to one of the Peanuts albums, I got to thinking...do you think someone should do an MSU-1 hack of the Snoopy Concert game? I wouldn't mind playing the game while listening to the amazing soundtrack.

pocket

I'd really like to see an edition of BattleToads for the NES that included the balance changes from the Japanese version. It starts you with 5 lives and 5 continues. You need to input a code for 5 lives in the US version, and you still only get 3 continues. They bug fixed Clinger Winger so you can beat it with a 2nd player, and a lot of the stages had their difficulty toned down.  Most of these changes are in the Genesis version but I find that version ugly and prefer the NES sound chip.

I would say just translate the Japanese version of BattleToads, but... well they took out that awesome pause theme for some reason.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Midna

Wouldn't it be easier just to port the sound data for the pause theme into the Japanese ROM? It's only one coding change you'd have to make, as opposed to several.

NesDraug

Quote from: pocket on April 26, 2022, 03:27:14 AM
I'd really like to see an edition of BattleToads for the NES that included the balance changes from the Japanese version. It starts you with 5 lives and 5 continues. You need to input a code for 5 lives in the US version, and you still only get 3 continues. They bug fixed Clinger Winger so you can beat it with a 2nd player, and a lot of the stages had their difficulty toned down.  Most of these changes are in the Genesis version but I find that version ugly and prefer the NES sound chip.

I would say just translate the Japanese version of BattleToads, but... well they took out that awesome pause theme for some reason.

I actually tried to do that a while ago.  The best I could do what a "Battletoads Cheaters Edition" but it's kinda buggy.

There's a thread for it:
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=33453.msg419168#msg419168
✍️ Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/nesdraug

💀 Join my crypt on discord:
https://discord.gg/Eb4HTSNzeg

Arcade-Elite

Since someone made a random bomb jack dx for gameboy color, how about a random Dragon Slayer DX for gameboy color? should be easy as dragon slayer is a rom only gb file?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWw0BUyBV8

Tsukiyomaru0

Ideas for improving Metal Slug Advance
1. Lower poison gas damage in Mission 3
2. Add notches to the health bar to make it a bit easier to see how much damage you have taken from a source.
3. Power up the Handgun a little OR make it autofire.
4. Allow cards to be kept when you die after finding them and before completing the mission (but don't do the same to prisoners).
5. Nerf the enemies and their damage.

tommy1981

One of my favorite games growing up was Super Smash TV on the snes. Can a godly programmer please bestow a tool on the community to use to mod Super Smash Tv for the snes? I pray someone will make this tool for use to use to update this very awesome game. I would like to thank this great community and the programmers who make the hacks happen. There is some AwEsOmeNeSS happening on here!! Keep up the great mods please!!

pelador

Would it be technically possible to add an in game automapper to Eye of the Beholder for Snes? Whilst still on the topic of this game, how about one for the GOG version of the game too so I can have it in full screen?

UltraEpicLeader100

Ports of Super Mario Bros. Special & Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels for Sega Genesis using Mairtrus' port of SMB1 as a base but with tweaks here and there for aesthetic improvements (Like for example: world 8-3 of Lost Levels using SMM2's Sky theme or using SMM2's Forest theme for 4-1 in Special) or fixing some level designs so you don't end up soft locking yourself like an idiot (Namily the softlock traps in 2-3 and 4-3 in Super Mario Bros. Special).

Though add one change to Special for the Mega Drive port being 2 player to one up the NES ports of the game.

Brutapode89

Quote from: Arcade-Elite on April 27, 2022, 02:00:35 AM
Since someone made a random bomb jack dx for gameboy color, how about a random Dragon Slayer DX for gameboy color? should be easy as dragon slayer is a rom only gb file?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWw0BUyBV8

Oh, yes. Why not for a Dragon Slayer DX? :) But I can't understand anything about Dragon Slayer Gaiden. Is it a direct sequel or a remake of Dragon Slayer, in fact?

KingMike

From what I read, Gaiden has nothing to do with Dragon Slayer. Supposedly Epoch just made a fairly generic action-RPG and threw the license on it.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Reeve

It would be possible to do an Undub of Soul Blade with the japanese voices of Soul Edge? The cast is the same in some places as other Soul Calibur games.

vico

Can someone make a hack (or tool) for F1 Pole Position 64 that allows to rename the Driver-1/X names?