Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.

Started by Piotyr, March 23, 2007, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: Graphicus on March 31, 2022, 05:41:35 PM
Alpha 3 MAX on PSP is pretty much complete, if you don't count PocketStation integration (for obvious reasons).

I kind of was referring to that how it doesn't have 2 player local Vs.

tc

Quote from: Brutapode89 on March 31, 2022, 05:41:09 PM
A full color version for all languages version of Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition.

That's right. Mediocre as the upgrade is, the Japanese version was never reissued with the western GBC palettes.

Neon Streetlight

I've always wondered what the Donkey Kong Country games on SNES would have looked like if they had traditional 2D graphics instead of the pseudo-3D ones. While those games looked amazing at the time, they haven't aged as well as games like Yoshi's Island.

Would it be possible to redraw the graphics with 2D sprites? If nothing else, it would be a cool experiment.

Ariel Schnee

Can

Kallisto

So something that tends to get overlooked by most fans of Resident Evil are the extra notes only found in the N64 version of RE2

"16 additional files"

While yes someone could just look up the wiki, and be done with it but that takes you out of the experience, and this version had alternate costumes I believe were different compared to the other versions.

I was hoping someone one day will port this over to the GCN version, but it has never happened, but however I found out today a known modder around here has patched RE2 for PC..so maybe it might be possible to port the extra items to the PC version instead?

Arcade-Elite

Someone could extract the game rom Frog adventure from the sachen collection as a stand alone. And could hack the sprites to make it a frogger 2 for NES. Since we got frogger champion made for the system. For frogger fans  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0nSgUmmJTo

Also can do the same for magical tower, only need to hack the title screen maybe and replace kid with main character rock/paper/scissors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYiQIrVmWEc

Kallisto

Alright so I had another fun idea today, and this should be a very easy romhack for anyone to do.

Replace Trainer Red in Pokemon Green with the actual trainer named Green from the Manga.

So far somebody already replaced Trainer Red in Pokemon Blue with the actual trainer Blue.

Edit -

Since Pokemon Green has not been fully translated right now, but there is a romhack of Pokemon Blue that is reverted back to Green.

I think it would be cool if Skeetendo's romhack was used as the base (with his permission) and somebody can create a addendum to replace Trainer Red with Trainer Green.

ShadowOne333

Quote from: Kallisto on April 01, 2022, 07:04:06 PM
So something that tends to get overlooked by most fans of Resident Evil are the extra notes only found in the N64 version of RE2

"16 additional files"

While yes someone could just look up the wiki, and be done with it but that takes you out of the experience, and this version had alternate costumes I believe were different compared to the other versions.

I was hoping someone one day will port this over to the GCN version, but it has never happened, but however I found out today a known modder around here has patched RE2 for PC..so maybe it might be possible to port the extra items to the PC version instead?

It'd be a dream if the EX Files from the N64 port of RE2 could be implemented into the NGC version. That and a proper 180 turn would make it the definitive version for me of RE2.

The N64 version does have other slight perks worth considerong, like the exclusive costumes, randomized option, blood and violence changers, "1st" person controls (which got a revival in the recent REmake and RE0 HD ports), and a couple other minor things (Hunter cameo?).

For all that, and having it all in a small 64MB cart, the N64 version is still my favorite way to play it, even with the compressed FMVs and audio.

KingMike

Quote from: tc on March 31, 2022, 07:43:36 PM
That's right. Mediocre as the upgrade is, the Japanese version was never reissued with the western GBC palettes.
Pretty sure the localization GBC palettes are just the SGB palettes but oversaturated (is that what they call it?) to compensate for the GBC's dim screen.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

MD_Prometh

It's be cool to see a hack of US version of Silent Hill 1 with the Missing Newspaper document which was only in the PAL and Japanese releases put back into the version, as that's important for Alessa's backstory, and it being left out of the US version is pretty odd.

CaptainHIT

Quote from: CaptainHIT on March 22, 2022, 04:28:57 PM
I've tried to search for "the jabu" https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=14325 a long time but couldn't find any trace. He really had done awesome patches and fixes but he/she isn't active here since 5 years now. I'd like him to update Super Turrican for the NES with a proper Turrican sprite (looking more like the one from Amiga releases) and proper colors. It also hurts my eyes that everything is grey and the Turrican sprite is bright white.

What about if somebody could put an intro screen before the title screen appears?

I'm still working on it, it's just a quick resize with NES palette and clean face. I'm editing the Turrican logo to be more clean with sharp edges.

MD_Prometh

A 60hz patch for the PAL version of Legend of Legaia would be nice to see, since the PAL release has the Japanese version's difficulty and stat balancing. The US version has different balancing, and is made harder.

E.Signal

Someone should make a mod for the Genesis version of TMNT Tournament Fighters that has these things:

- A better control layout, there's 6 buttons on the genesis controller and only 2 of them are used for light and heavy punches and kicks. This makes the game feel awkward to control, so the X and Y buttons should be used for the punches and the A and B buttons should be used for the kicks.

- Toned down CPU difficulty, the cpu on this game is just mad cheap even on the lower difficulties.

- Playable Bosses

julayla

You know, looking back at the Kingdom Hearts games (alongside Disney's Magical Mirror), I kind of seem to notice that the whole Mickey's ears (and sometimes Minnie's) where they turn with his head? I don't know, it may be just me, but I feel off with Mickey's ears not moving the way it did like in the old cartoons/movies (aka Mickey's ears staying round no matter how much his head turns). I wouldn't mind someone fixing that, but that's just a dream. My other idea is fixing the two Mickey games (Magical Mirror & Hide & Seek games for Gamecube) so that it would also work with a mouse like in the old Point and Click adventures. Just thought I'd suggest

91-MPH

Once the Switch remake of Live-A-Live comes out, somebody should start working on a script port for the SNES version.

Tsukiyomaru0

So I learned the GBC "The Lion King: Simbas Mighty Adventure" is actually a decent game... With crap for music. Meanwhile the Game Boy "The Lion King" got crap for gameplay and good music! That is preposterous! Here's an idea then: hack the GB's music into the GBC one!

shadowAOD

Galerians is a very unique game but you don't see rom hacks for it anywhere, here are my ideas:

Run controls could be better(running and turning isn't as tight as the RE games)
Japanese Undub with subtitles.
Ability to recover quicker from attacks that stun or knock rion down.
Faster loading times.
Psychic level resets only when you've completed the level and not when you lose half of your health.

julayla

You know, I seem to notice one thing when it comes to Disney games: There has never been a Disney Robin Hood video game out there officially and it kind of bummed me that it never happened as a kid. It would've been nice to play as the fox Robin. Maybe if someone were to hack one of the Robin Hood video games and incorporate the Disney version in it, it'd be pretty cool to see.

M4koto

So, I have one idea that I hope it's easy to do, but I know next to nothing about modding or hacking anything, so I hope it's doable and someone decides to try and do it

a mod/hack for Muramasa the Demon Blade on Wii that allows you to jump with a button instead of using the control stick, it is already a thing for the Vita port, and I hope at least that could be ported for the Wii

UnownWild

Can I get someone to make a hack for Return of double dragon on the SNES? I was thinking of a weapons mod for each level. Like a button press to cycle all of the weapons in the game.