Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.

Started by Piotyr, March 23, 2007, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Googie

Quote from: TCgamerboy2002 on March 05, 2022, 06:21:59 PM
Here's an idea that I'm pretty sure no one would be interested in, but I'm gonna say it anyways 'cause that's how I roll! ;D

An NES hack based on Rowdy and Peanut from the recently released Netflix cartoon, Cat Burglar. Since the game/cartoon is a take on Tex Avery cartoons, the idea of this is that it'd be a take on licensed games based on cartoons.

For this hack, it'd be one of Pizza Pop! where you play as a pizza delivery boy delivering... well, pizzas. In this hack, you'd play as Peanut the Dog who's delivering pizzas to earn money for a ring for a girlfriend made up for this hack. His rival would be Rowdy the Cat who's trying to mess with him. The other characters would be references to Tex Avery cartoons, be it vague or blatant.

I chose Pizza Pop! because cartoons usually put characters in various situations, and pizza delivery would be fitting.

This is a cool idea, I like it. :D Hopefully someone can pull it off.  :thumbsup: 

niuus

Quote from: E.Signal on February 07, 2022, 10:47:52 PM
There's one Final Fight SNES hack called Unlicensed hack that had everything that was cut like the 2p mode, Guy, Poison and Roxy, etc. The hack was abandoned and unfinished. The only thing the hack needs now to be a finished product is the Industrial Area stage and Rolento. Could it be possible to somehow rip the missing stage and from the GBA port and put it into the SNES one? If so that would be awesome. Please someone pick this hack up and finish it  :'(   
The only thing that hack desperately needs is for the 2nd player mode to be finished, as in the 2p being attacked by the enemy AI. No need for extra years of work with a completely new level. It's a big sad loss that both hack efforts were completely abandoned.  :(

TCgamerboy2002

Quote from: Googie on March 05, 2022, 08:11:51 PM
This is a cool idea, I like it. :D Hopefully someone can pull it off.  :thumbsup:

Thank you! That's the first compliment I got about my ideas on this site. :)

Actually, now that I think about it, this is the first idea I talked about on this site.

julayla

I love Cuphead and the Cuphead Show made me love the game even more. Though even though I do like the game, I wouldn't mind seeing what a NES or SNES demake of the Cuphead game would be like.

hossbags2

translate Metal Fangs for Genesis to English

March 07, 2022, 12:06:21 AM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

translate Uzu Keobukseon for Mega Drive to English

julayla

You know what would be another good Demake version of the games? The Episodic Sam & Max Telltale series and Jurassic Park: The Game (the one with Heavy Rain inspiration). I mean it'd be cool to see them as 2D demakes

Googie

Here's an idea that I think it can work, a hack of Panic Restaurant where you're Wario and you have to save your Restaurant from Waluigi cause Waluigi's jealous of Wario's success. Make the food monsters into enemies of the Mushroom kingdom.

It can totally work, right?  :beer:


ThroughT1m3

not sure if its possible, but ports with english translations of the metal gear games from msx2 to nes.
"Keep dodging lights, like a thief in the night. The sun will rise and expose all our lies. So why deny that you and I lead different lives? The rivers from your eyes can't change my mind"

RealGaea

Metal Slug 7 [NDS]:

Enable Free Play.




I saw some user's videos of "One-Coin 100 prisoner run", and his gameplays had that option enabled.
Asked him how did he do that, but he played dumb.

TCgamerboy2002

Quote from: Googie on March 07, 2022, 08:24:11 PM
Here's an idea that I think it can work, a hack of Panic Restaurant where you're Wario and you have to save your Restaurant from Waluigi cause Waluigi's jealous of Wario's success. Make the food monsters into enemies of the Mushroom kingdom.

It can totally work, right?  :beer:

I can see that happenning. The villain is a dead ringer to Waluigi, or in this case, vice versa.

Madclown55

#8070
Hello everyone! I'm not a rom hacker myself and I'm relatively new to rom hacks in general. I've recently hacked my 3DS and basically got my entire physical library digital there now. The only game that isn't working for me on there is Hamtaro Ham Ham Heartbreak. I've looked through a couple forums and saw that a lot of emulators have the same issue with this rom where after entering your name, the game freezes. For me on the 3ds it does this with both mGBA (0.10-dec 5d48e07) and gpSP (v0.91 e554360). I ended up downloading the inject for it and it works fine, but the thing is I want to play this and get the achievements for it in RetroAchievements.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there willing to try and make a patch to fix this rom once and for all. (I know this would change the unique hash that RetroAchievements has tied to it, but I could just contact someone on the forums there and ask them to link the new hash) If so, I would be very grateful. 

Antonio Nero

The Faery Tale Adventure for SEGA Genesis. An easy save state or slots instead of the original larger password.

ThroughT1m3

Quote from: Madclown55 on March 09, 2022, 02:58:07 PM
Hello everyone! I'm not a rom hacker myself and I'm relatively new to rom hacks in general. I've recently hacked my 3DS and basically got my entire physical library digital there now. The only game that isn't working for me on there is Hamtaro Ham Ham Heartbreak. I've looked through a couple forums and saw that a lot of emulators have the same issue with this rom where after entering your name, the game freezes. For me on the 3ds it does this with both mGBA (0.10-dec 5d48e07) and gpSP (v0.91 e554360). I ended up downloading the inject for it and it works fine, but the thing is I want to play this and get the achievements for it in RetroAchievements.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there willing to try and make a patch to fix this rom once and for all. (I know this would change the unique hash that RetroAchievements has tied to it, but I could just contact someone on the forums there and ask them to link the new hash) If so, I would be very grateful.
i could be wrong, but i remember playing it on my gb advance emulator on my phone. the nostalgia gba lite. game worked fine. 
"Keep dodging lights, like a thief in the night. The sun will rise and expose all our lies. So why deny that you and I lead different lives? The rivers from your eyes can't change my mind"

Tsukiyomaru0

An idea for Mega Man X and Mega Man Xtreme based on Mega Man X DiVE:
Make it so the Head Part also gives you a damaging upwards dash. Maybe have it be triggered by pressing ↑+Jump. It should not have a dash momentum after doing so, cannot be used from a dash-boosted jump, and needs to wall slide or land on a platform before it can be used again.

That would also add more use to that part.

goldenband

Quote from: Antonio Nero on March 09, 2022, 05:26:43 PMThe Faery Tale Adventure for SEGA Genesis. An easy save state or slots instead of the original larger password.

Interesting idea. The original game has a RAM disk function that lets you save anytime (you only need the password when you're turning the game off), so implementing this could be a matter of redirecting all those saves/loads to write and read from SRAM instead of RAM.

LaudinoInfamous

I have idea to Tekken Tag Tournament :

Make the PS2 version of this game for the PSP.

Kallisto

So SMB2-The Lost Levels has a special world, but you have to beat the game eight times I think to get it? I think for most that is a tall order and not worth the trouble.

Could somebody here just alter the code to make it where you just need to beat the game once to play it?

Not just for the NES, but the SNES version too.

KingMike

Quote from: Kallisto on March 12, 2022, 10:14:01 PM
Not just for the NES, but the SNES version too.
SMAS already just treats the special worlds as normal continuation from world 8.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Retrolife

We need a Dragon Power nes hack as a Tribute to the fallen Master Roshi&Bulma(voice actors) the Hack should make it closer to the anime such as name corrections characters look like the anime chiptunes from the series and much more content that follows the anime

Kallisto

Quote from: KingMike on March 13, 2022, 09:44:19 AM
SMAS already just treats the special worlds as normal continuation from world 8.

Oh it does? That is great.