News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 3164653 times)

Cris1997XX

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7940 on: January 11, 2022, 08:17:17 am »
Graphic hacks for Daimakai Mura (Supergrafx) and Splatterhouse (PC Engine/Turbografx-16) which change 3bit background/foreground tiles and sprites with 4bit ones for even better color and closer accuracy to the arcade counterparts

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
    • Jo Li KMC @ Tumblr
« Reply #7941 on: January 11, 2022, 08:42:59 am »
I'm back.  And I have a relatively simple idea, but I'm too lazy to do it, myself.

I wanna see all 29 (32) levels from Super Mario Bros… ported into Super Mario Bros. 2 / The Lost Levels on the Famicom Disk System.  Or alternately, I'd like to see the Super Mario Bros. 2's physics, graphics, and gimmicks back-ported into Super Mario Bros.

Level-swapping should be easy enough, I'd think.  Just a matter of patience.  Back-porting the engine, though?  Maybe not so much.  I think there's already hacks on the site that add things like wind and Poison Mushrooms to Super Mario Bros, but I don't think anyone's done full transferral of the physics and such.  The ultimate goal, though, would still be to have the first Super Mario Bros. but with wind, Poison 'Shrooms, Luigi, and all that.  Ya know?

Thanks for reading!  Have a fantastic day!

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: January 11, 2022, 02:12:12 pm »
Idea: Divergent Paths but for the World of Ruin, with each scenario but one ending when the party sees an airship in the sky and signals to it.

GameFAQs user Saint_Michael came up with the idea in this thread, post #44.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/554041-final-fantasy-iii/79817485

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: January 11, 2022, 02:40:55 pm »
I may have brought this up once before, but I really would love to see Godzilla: Kaijū Daikessen (Monster War) translated into English.

Also, it would be awesome to see Luigi get his own sprite in SMB, SMB2J and SMB3 on NES while still keeping Mario as a playable character for Player 1. Most of the hacks just change out Mario.

With so many colorized hacks out now for the Gameboy, there's still some I'd love to see. Kirby's Dream Land 2, the 5 Mega Man games, Final Fantasy Adventure, and the Final Fantasy Legend trilogy.

E.Signal

• View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: January 11, 2022, 05:53:08 pm »
Double Dragon 3: The Arcade Game for the Sega Genesis could be arcade perfect if it weren't for the bad hit detection and controls. Attacks won't connect at all, so the enemies down right ignore them and hit you instead and none of the special moves like the Billy/Jimmy spin kick doesn't come out half the time. These problems make the game unplayable.

RetroGameFan

• View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: January 11, 2022, 06:44:10 pm »
Also, it would be awesome to see Luigi get his own sprite in SMB, SMB2J and SMB3 on NES while still keeping Mario as a playable character for Player 1. Most of the hacks just change out Mario.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Luigi does have his own sprite set in hacks of SMB3 found on this site. And yes, I believe I saw at least one hack that has Mario as a playable character for player 1.

But I'd say don't hold your breath for a hack of SMB or SMB2J (AKA SMBTLL) with separate Luigi sprites, at least not with the original graphics. That may be too hard to implement. But that's just my point of view; I could be wrong.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: January 11, 2022, 10:45:56 pm »
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Luigi does have his own sprite set in hacks of SMB3 found on this site. And yes, I believe I saw at least one hack that has Mario as a playable character for player 1.

But I'd say don't hold your breath for a hack of SMB or SMB2J (AKA SMBTLL) with separate Luigi sprites, at least not with the original graphics. That may be too hard to implement. But that's just my point of view; I could be wrong.

I've seen ones that add Luigi to SMB3, but they are all part of a bigger project (3Mix) or replace Mario altogether (Super Luigi 3). 

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: January 12, 2022, 12:56:44 am »
I get a feeling tile space may be a reason for the lack of separate Mario/Luigi sprites in the first two games.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

RetroGameFan

• View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: January 12, 2022, 09:16:04 am »
I've seen ones that add Luigi to SMB3, but they are all part of a bigger project (3Mix) or replace Mario altogether (Super Luigi 3).
I believe this hack might be what you're looking for, https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5939/. That's the one I noticed. Please check it out.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: January 12, 2022, 10:04:45 am »
You know what would be an interesting hack to try out? The SegaSonic arcade. I mean it may be hard to play at times and confusing, but I wouldn't mind that the game add in a final boss sequence or have other Sonic characters be playable in that game (maybe even add in the beta elements like the Sonic SatAM elements if the other Archie/SatAM cast members were made as a playable in one hack), but that's just wishful thinking

Windy-kun

• View Profile
« Reply #7950 on: January 12, 2022, 01:09:16 pm »
I've always wanted to hack the SNES Shadowrun game to make it a different experience somehow. Maybe mess around with the maps or add more guns or something but I wouldn't even know where to start or if anyone cares enough to try it themselves.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: January 12, 2022, 01:46:05 pm »
I believe this hack might be what you're looking for, https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5939/. That's the one I noticed. Please check it out.

Definitely overlooked that one. Probably because it has a LOT more added to it than just separating Luigi. If that was made as a stand alone patch I'd be more inclined, but I certainly will check it out.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: January 14, 2022, 01:10:21 am »
I wish some games (other than the standard RPGs) got some love from the SNES library in romhacking as a whole.

For one, the simple addition of SRAM saving to SNES games that depend on passwords would greatly improve them by default.
I see a bunch of Genesis games gettting SRAM hacks (I still hope for Sonic 3D Blast DX to get one), that it just saddens me that the SNES doesn't get that love.

Games like Jurassic Park 1 (using the park's posts that respawn you as saving spots), Maximum Carnage, Spiderman & Venom: Separation Anxiety, the Megaman SNES games, Super Castlevania IV, and a lot more would be great to have SRAM added into them, and that alone would make them vastly replayable.

There's a lot of SNES games that were created with the one-sitting dev mind, that for people that don't as much time to spare, it makes getting through them a pain to do so.
SRAM would ease this up a bunch.

fenix00

• View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: January 14, 2022, 04:39:28 am »
New Levels and Bosses for Armadillo NES.
New girls, maybe Sailor Moon hentai characters for Gals Panic ARC.
Greeting.

And KoF 2003 Arcade. Fight with all bosses (Chizuru, Adelheid Bernstein and Mukai) in the story line like Garow prototype. Without special combo to unlock real boss (Mukai) :thumbsup:

Somebody should do this:

Graphicus

• View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: January 14, 2022, 04:44:39 am »
Somebody should do this:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/ebe16a06b666a635c08bd81c72547049/tumblr_ozkvckUa5V1ulp8mfo1_1280.jpg

That's not what I would call a hack. It would have to be made entirely from scratch.

Also, it kind of already exists. it's called "Pocket Fighter" or "Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix".

hsialin

• View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: January 14, 2022, 05:05:29 am »
I will pay someone if they will fix the NES Sugoro Quest Dice Heroes boat glitch on levels 4 and 5 and maybe other levels beyond those. It seems to simply be a cr/lf misplacement but it ruins the look of the game and the UI. Did i mention this is the best game on NES :-)

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Dreamwidth
« Reply #7956 on: January 14, 2022, 07:14:34 am »
A new bugfix for Suikoden (PSX).

Along with everything that Pyriel already fixed:

-Clean up the entire script to read much more smoothly.

-Switch the names of Earth and Wind Rune Pieces (as per the Tablet of Stones).

-Fix a glitch where someone might replace someone else (such as Pahn replacing Gremio, Gremio replacing Tir, or Ted replacing Cleo).  (This tends to happen only randomly when you load a save file, so it won’t be all too easy to actually replicate, but it only happened to me several times early in the game (no further than Kwaba).)

-Fix Marco's coin game to run on the same RNG as everything else, instead of its own that gets reset whenever you quit and play again.

-Eliminate the “sweet spot” in chinchirorin (mentioned in the series' Game Breaker page on TV Tropes, under “General”).

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/GameBreaker/Suikoden

-Correct the entry points on the first balcony in Moravia Castle.

-Enable the Holy element in battle for Fukien's Punishment and Viktor's Star Dragon Sword.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/guides/initial.php

-Anything else you might aware of.

lightbulbsun

• View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7957 on: January 14, 2022, 07:07:40 pm »
I will pay someone if they will fix the NES Sugoro Quest Dice Heroes boat glitch on levels 4 and 5 and maybe other levels beyond those. It seems to simply be a cr/lf misplacement but it ruins the look of the game and the UI. Did i mention this is the best game on NES :-)

It's difficult to test without playing through the entire game, but this patch hopefully eliminates all the overly long lines which mess up the screen:
https://github.com/lightbulb-sun/sugoro-long-line-patch/

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: January 14, 2022, 07:59:24 pm »
Ok so here is another update improvement hacks that i think should get made. The NES castlevania hack Akumajou Remilia is a good idea. It just needs new levels and maybe new music and you will have a full hack of Akumajou Remilia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTjXBBU-gkI

Mega Mari is the same good idea only needs new music and the energy pellets should be replaced with mushroom sprites. As how it shows in original mega mari.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1127/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-n_Ug3YJsk

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: January 15, 2022, 06:38:00 am »
A hack of Cannon Fodder SNES/Genesis/Jaguar which puts Cannon Fodder 2 missions, CF2 Alien Levels and Cannon Soccer in the first game.
For those that didn't know about that game, that CF2 was the sequel to the first Cannon Fodder game released for Amiga and PC, but not consoles, while cannon Soccer is a Christmas themed coverdisk for the Amiga version of Cannon Fodder that is a Sensible Soccer crossover.
Also MSU-1 hack for the SNES version of the first Cannon Fodder, that plays the CD32 intro, War Has Never Been So Much Fun and Narcissus (the vocal version of Heroes in Victory theme) in the SNES.
Also, SRAM saving in the SNES and Genesis Versions of the game as well.
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.