News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 3152856 times)

XD3l

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7900 on: December 20, 2021, 04:11:43 pm »
Shiryou Sensen: War of the Dead

If you hold down the attack button, then her knife is always out and never withdraws to give the effect of a stabbing action. I've no idea how to do it or if it could be done, but if that knife was animated it would make for a nice change.

Example in video:

https://youtu.be/YNwYMXnUJoU?t=1192

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: December 20, 2021, 08:47:21 pm »
Since there is so many Street fighter fans. Someone could hack GI Joe Atlantis factor or the contra fighter NES rom and replace characters that would fit in with GI Joe theme. Like Guile, Cammy, Nash, M.Bison and Rolento. Also do new levels and it would be an awsome hack i think. Or dew the same to Real american hero. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbPSz5Aog8&t=219s

StarWyvern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #7902 on: December 21, 2021, 08:33:17 am »
Since there is so many Street fighter fans. Someone could hack GI Joe Atlantis factor or the contra fighter NES rom and replace characters that would fit in with GI Joe theme. Like Guile, Cammy, Nash, M.Bison and Rolento. Also do new levels and it would be an awsome hack i think. Or dew the same to Real american hero. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbPSz5Aog8&t=219s

Seconded. These games were awesome, to put it mildly. The gameplay, music, and graphics were way above par for their time. It is hard to believe that not one rom hacker, of the thousands of us there are, have even remotely taken an interest in this. Hacks of these games are long overdue. It wouldn't be hard to even make a "G.I. Joe: The End of Cobra's Tyranny" using ATF as a base, with combined music and characters from both previous games, so long as the hacker had the skills for it. Sprite additions, Music arrangements, some intricate level designs, and a killer story would make for the ultimate hack for this game.

That said, I do realize how difficult hacking is, even with the right programs, which currently there aren't any specifically for this game. I myself have dabbled in hacking here and there with the Castlevania series, and had a few successes, and a few failures, as well as a horribly major mistake that I have learned from, but will never get past. But I have seen people here do things no one else thought possible. So how is it that these 2 AMAZING games were overlooked. COME ON PEOPLE! Help us less fortunate and less skilled gamers and hackers out.  :woot!:
Insert "Witty Text" here.

Blazing

• View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: December 23, 2021, 10:00:08 pm »
can we stop ruining star fox with speed up hacks that make the game unplayable? 60 fps master race needs to be stopped.

XD3l

• View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: December 24, 2021, 12:14:57 am »
Final Fantasy Adventure still needs colorized...

kandowontu

• View Profile
« Reply #7905 on: December 24, 2021, 03:00:31 pm »
can we stop ruining star fox with speed up hacks that make the game unplayable? 60 fps master race needs to be stopped.

According to Dylan Cuthbert, this is how they enjoyed the game in-house. It’s your right to your own personal preference, but you’re literally the only person to complain so far. Feel free to not use the hack.

CoolK

• View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: December 24, 2021, 03:47:00 pm »

Well... I would welcome 60fps as long the game speed itself doesn't change 8)
But I'm very satisfied with the 21MHz FastRom <3

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: December 24, 2021, 08:48:12 pm »
Another good idea for batman fans. The NES Batman Beta definitely had better cuts scenes. With what tool's and skill you guys now have in 2022 is there any way to add all the cut scenes form the beta and regular batman to restore it to a full Version? Also fix batman's color to grey as it's been done before. This could be the Batman Restored Version we should have gotten. Just like the contra restored jap to English NES. Another nick pick was joker's sprite was always to big in the game when you fought him. But i am sure that is asking too much to get that fixed to make him smaller. But yeah that would definitely be the Ultimate batman version if this is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBCaSi6J43M

Murphmario

• View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: December 27, 2021, 01:57:10 am »
Not sure how possible this would be, but I'd love a hack of Kirby Super Star Ultra that replaces the music and sound effects with the ones from the SNES original. The compressed audio is the biggest flaw of that remake IMO, and adding that would make it pretty much 100% perfect.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: December 27, 2021, 12:32:07 pm »
Compressed as in lower quality or compressed as in volume amplification?

DS games mostly use the SDAT audio format, which is mostly a take on wave files (PCM and ADPCM with serious frequency ranges and bit depths supported by hardware, though some games will use lower for the purposes of a speed boost/storage concerns/memory issues) and a custom midi a like setup for sequenced audio/tracker audio.

Editing it is pretty easy to replace like with like. If you wanted to boost samplerate that could get more tricky depending upon what the game is doing but could probably be done by editing the file such that it knows to expect something else (most calls for audio will have first looked up what it is to then tell the audio hardware rather than reading raw, though there will be some).

Volume wise assuming it is not a clipping issue you want sorted there are internal software volume options. I don't think I have ever seen one be anything other than full volume and very rarely half volume in a commercial game but I have done hacks before to drop volumes to be more in line with background music.

I don't know what we are suggesting for editing SDAT stuff these days (I mostly go manual) but vgmtrans, tinke and maybe a nice smap generated by vgmtoolbox will serve as a start for this one.

If it is going to be fun with SDAT your bigger problem will probably be finding the/ripping SNES stuff.

Cris1997XX

• View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: December 28, 2021, 05:46:13 pm »
Not sure how possible this would be, but I'd love a hack of Kirby Super Star Ultra that replaces the music and sound effects with the ones from the SNES original. The compressed audio is the biggest flaw of that remake IMO, and adding that would make it pretty much 100% perfect.
The new tracks they added in Ultra are compressed too, but nobody complains about that for some reason lmfao

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: December 28, 2021, 06:39:19 pm »
How about a hack of Yoshi's Island DS that replaces the SMA3 (GBA) sound effects with their original SMW2 (SNES) equivalents (most notably Kamek's dialog sound effects)?

I hear Yoshi's New Island also uses the GBA sound effects, so a hack of that game replacing them with their SNES equivalents is also suggested.

Murphmario

• View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: December 28, 2021, 08:15:56 pm »
The new tracks they added in Ultra are compressed too, but nobody complains about that for some reason lmfao
I assume those use the same samples as the original tracks (minus the ones that aren't in the SNES version of course), so changing the original track's samples would hopefully also change those.

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: December 28, 2021, 09:57:32 pm »
Another good idea, i got these for day's when it comes to NES and SNES hack ideas. For Mega Man fan's out of the 100st of mega man hacks i have never seen a horror or halloween mega man hack. And i would think the Monster bots would be perfect for a halloween Mega man hack. The idea came from Night of the living Monster bots Episode form season 2 of the Mega man tv show. You guys could make all the monsters as new bosses and i am sure you could come up with awsome horror levels. Check out the episode for any more ideas. I mean you got the Mummy (Mummy Bot) Dracula (Drac Bot) Frankenstein (Frank Bot) Wolfman (Wolf Bot) and could add a (Witch Bot) or Berkana, Astro zombie bot boss (Zombie Bot) if it was NES hack. Could get Skull Man in there and Phantom Bot and Ghost Bot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_Uf5sj2Y4&list=PL9Aiziw7fql5ZPOK3rpF0ebmeEJ6HKIz1&index=6
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 10:30:36 pm by Arcade-Elite »

StarWyvern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #7914 on: December 29, 2021, 08:03:43 am »
 We can't really like posts, so I'll just put this reply. I think a new Mega Man Halloween Hack is a phenomenal idea! It has been far too long since I have played a new Mega Man hack.

If possible, I think it should be a hack of Mega Man 6. MM6 has a multitude of great content as it is, and would allow for creation of new abilities and diverse routes for each stage. Adding the ability to slide in Power form and Jet form, along with not losing charge when hit, add charge in Jet form, and Double Jump and Air Slide abilities from previous hacks would also make for great additions to this hack.

Players want freedom of movement and earnable special abilities. Give it to them. And make them usable. Add new routes to each stage that requires these new abilities to get to. And make the rewards worth it. Look at MMX2 and all the headaches you had to go through to get the Shoryuken (Fire Punch). Make third level charge, and quick charge, power shield, knock back barrier, half damage buff, speed shot, 5-shot, Jet MM Upgrade, and Power MM Upgrade as some of the rewards earnable. Make this Mega Man Hack the best one ever!

Use memorable music tracks. Some old, and some new. Tracks from memorable horror games with catchy tunes like: Castlevania 3, Zombies Ate my Neighboors, Monster Party, Nightmare on Elm St., Remix of Shademan's Theme, Spooky areas from Non-Horror games, as well as some new horror based songs.

And for once, make Wily NOT THE FINAL BOSS! You could make it seem like he is the final boss, but make a "True Ending" in which the player must fight the "True Boss". Again these are just suggestions and I know it would take a lot of work to do something of this caliber. But I have seen things like this done already. We could give Blue-Bomber fans something they have always dreamed of.  8)
Insert "Witty Text" here.

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: December 29, 2021, 09:33:54 pm »
Thanks StarWyvern for even more ideas for the Horror maga man hack. Wish we could like reply's as well. Since we are talking about mega man hacks another one i always wanted was the Street Fighter X Mega Man on real hardware. Figure i mention it because i just talked about the street fighter Gi joe hack a little bit ago. But yeah since 2012 we have never gotten a SF X MM rom hack. And i am sure the original game is too big for a NES rom. But you guys could make it in to 2 or 3 parts, roms. Doing 4 levels a game ect. Or i hear a friend told me you can make NES and SNES roms bigger now with new mapper boards but i dont know how true that really is. But from the hacks i have seen up to now in 2022 I know you guys can do this and i am sure gamers like myself want to play this on a real NES or AVS ect. Hell you guys could make sequels after that with more bosses and levels. Just telling ya what the ppl want. Just like the gamers wanted FF7 demake on the NES. Or Pac-man Championship. And my god hackers fulfilled that wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD00PNW2m9w

Douglinhas92

• View Profile
Crash Bandicoot for NES
« Reply #7916 on: December 30, 2021, 09:05:59 am »
Hello. I'm a huge Crash Bandicoot fan and would like to leave an idea for a big improvement on a game created from Crash for the NES.  ;D
that game: LINK REMOVED

We have this Crash game made by a fan, it is a good base for a Crash game that is very good, if someone is a Crash fan like me and knows how to do it would be something wonderful, a final and perfect edition of Crash.

This game is cool but it's too short, it's slow and slow and it's very easy and the music isn't Crash and it's really boring. The idea was to start by putting an original Crash song in 8 bit of course. improve Crash's movement and make it fluid instead of locked and slow, getting it to run like Mario does. For more difficulty in the existing levels, with more monsters and maybe a few more holes in the ground and made the game longer, added more stages. an idea of ​​a phase that I don't even know if it's possible to do is a phase of him running with the bear or tiger and dodging obstacles. Make the game colors more vivid and beautiful too. It's a big change but if I did this would be the ultimate Crash game for the NES. I love Crash it's the best game in the world just lose to Mario haha ​​does anyone have the guts to do that one day? I don't do it because I've never changed anything, I don't know how to do it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 11:30:02 am by KingMike »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: December 30, 2021, 11:32:35 am »
This sounds like a hack request (I deleted the duplicate thread, Personal Projects was for stuff you've actually done work on). Also, it is not permitted to link to ROMs.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

XD3l

• View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: December 30, 2021, 09:25:00 pm »
A speed patch or strafe speed up patch for Alien Vs Predator Jaguar version.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #7919 on: December 30, 2021, 09:53:29 pm »
According to Dylan Cuthbert, this is how they enjoyed the game in-house. It’s your right to your own personal preference, but you’re literally the only person to complain so far. Feel free to not use the hack.

It does need small adjustments. A few sounds are cut off. The timing to perform a barrel roll is trickier, making players more vulnerable to enemy fire. In the tunnels, you have to brake more to avoid collisions.