News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2512741 times)

OneCrudeDude

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #780 on: August 23, 2013, 04:37:27 am »
Oh, so Famitracker isn't as useless as I had once imagined?  It actually has practical use?  Splendid!

Yeah, I still know enough that you can't use FT to edit NES music, nor can you just insert FT music into an NES game.  You'd need to rewire things, which apparently you can do.  Let's hope that this theory is also a law.  ;)

Gary_Oak

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 23, 2013, 08:48:07 am »
After playing through Tales of Eternia on the PSP, I can't help but to think that Ubisoft wasted a formidable opportunity to do the game's localization the justice it deserves. It would be awesome if someone could hack the game to:

- Fix all the bugs found in the PSP port.
- Retranslate the entire game.
- Bring skits back.
- Replace the english dub with the original japanese dub.
- Replace the game's soundtrack with the official remastered soundtrack.
- Whatever else the biggest of Tales fans feel Eternia could use.

MontyMole

• No fun in the USA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 23, 2013, 10:24:41 am »
Been playing the original Adventure Island and wondering what it would take to turn it back into Wonderboy, seeing as its almost identical.  I'm guessing it would just be a case of editing text and Master Higgins sprite so he looks like Wonderboy instead.

Another idea is to change Super Mario Brothers so it would look like it was running on a ZX Spectrum.  Reworking the graphics, so it would have colour clash to make it  look like this unfinished demo.
A log of some kind.
. Videuss (Youtube)
it's not the official way and relies on luck\randomized placement of bears. USC

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 23, 2013, 11:18:22 am »
Bought a label-less DecapAttack, and wondered what it would be like if someone fixed Kid Kool. :)
(I tried that and AVGN definitely hit it when he said why Kid Kool is not cool.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

TRIFORCE89

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 23, 2013, 09:57:36 pm »
I think it would be interesting to see English versions of the Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64 "shindou" rumble versions that were released in Japan

OneCrudeDude

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 23, 2013, 10:47:55 pm »
I could do the translation programming myself as it seems to be simple enough, but the opening screen in the NES Homebrew Blade Buster is still in Japanese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTLkk2eHGUw

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 24, 2013, 02:30:59 am »
Remove level restrictions for all areas in ActRaiser to allow more freedom. The only thing stopping us would be insufficient SP to perform some miracles, but later in the game we can have enough of it before the designated level.

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 24, 2013, 07:17:58 am »
After playing through Tales of Eternia on the PSP, I can't help but to think that Ubisoft wasted a formidable opportunity to do the game's localization the justice it deserves. It would be awesome if someone could hack the game to:

- Fix all the bugs found in the PSP port.
- Retranslate the entire game.
- Bring skits back.
- Replace the english dub with the original japanese dub.
- Replace the game's soundtrack with the official remastered soundtrack.
- Whatever else the biggest of Tales fans feel Eternia could use.

You forgot remove that damn battery meter, heh.

TRIFORCE89

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 24, 2013, 09:52:34 am »
An English translation of the Japanese Game Boy Color version of Balloon Kid

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 26, 2013, 11:59:13 am »
Anyone know how to hack the control setting?  I don't like 4 different types of control.    I want to customize setting like you can change any kind like L+R do booster, L and R do drift, B do brake, Left and Right do turn, and A do acceleration.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

OneCrudeDude

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 26, 2013, 01:01:50 pm »
Doesn't it work like that already?  And since you'll be playing in an emulator, your best bet would be to remap the buttons on your controller.

Climax, being a GBA game, should be relatively easy to hack as it uses C++ and not hexadecimal.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 26, 2013, 01:18:38 pm »
Doesn't it work like that already?  And since you'll be playing in an emulator, your best bet would be to remap the buttons on your controller.

Climax, being a GBA game, should be relatively easy to hack as it uses C++ and not hexadecimal.
I don't want remap the button.  I want same as other F-Zero like F-Zero GP Legend and F-Zero Maximum Velocity.   I did patch it with English Transition.  Type 2 have brake but I don't like side attack on L and R.   Everytime I press L+R same time, it start side attack before booster start.  It is really annoying.

But I don't know how to hack the control setting.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 26, 2013, 03:06:55 pm »
I don't know if Climax is easy or hard to hack but I'm sure the ROM does not "use C++". ::)
The original Japanese programmers MAY have written it in C++ (I don't know if GBA was powerful enough to handle high-level generated code), but ALL executable data on all game cartridges/discs is in "hexadecimal" (technically, binary. But hexadecimal is just a more readable form of binary).

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 26, 2013, 05:15:07 pm »
But I know nothing about hexadecimal.

BlakeDS

« Reply #794 on: August 29, 2013, 06:31:01 pm »
Mario 64 DS controls hack.

Now that we have the 3DS that comes with a nifty circle pad, i was wondering if someone would be able to make a hack that makes the d-pad(circle pad) run by default and walk when hitting the Y button? Even a always run option would help. Currently you have to hold the Y button to run while on the original N64 game you ran automatically. Having to hold down the run button is killing this game.

Thanks guys.

antnj81@gmail.com

« Reply #795 on: August 31, 2013, 05:48:21 pm »
I was once playing a hacked remake SMB1 which was made from with Super Mario All-stars. Anyway, I got bored, so I used a game genie code to always start the game with a leaf in reserve - just to see what would happen.

...AND to my surprise it worked. This got me thinking: Since they all share the same design and all on the same rom, would it be possible to make an ultimate Mario hack similar to SMBX, that would allow the player to utilizes all the standard game mechanics from SMB 1 -3 (and maybe also SMW too), all the power-up from 1 - SMW (Yoshi too), including the ability to pick up/throw SMB2 objects/characters, as well as be able to chose from the 4 characters (Mario, Luigi, Toad, Princess Toadstool) from SMB2?

Because I think that would be an AMAZING hack! I know that SMBX already exists, but something like this would be awesome for those of us that have soft-modded xboxs and want to play SMBX on our tv's but unfortunately can't!  :)

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 31, 2013, 07:24:22 pm »
I'm pretty sure that is possible but that would require some ridiculously extensive hacking to do.  I've actually thought about attempting something like that before.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

pikahax

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 31, 2013, 10:34:04 pm »
I have an idea on hacking Super Mario Kart. I hope I don't mess it up.

It'll be a total conversion.

A full graphics hack, all new custom tracks, item re-balancing, track AI, renamed tracks and characters, and based off of another franchise.

Hopefully I'm gonna do it right.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 01, 2013, 01:11:33 am »
Most are possible, except that I read SMK has no real AI. It reads from a track overlay that tells it which way to go from any position on the track.

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 02, 2013, 12:12:38 am »
How about a hack of the Namco version of Ms. Pac-Man

With these features
- All the features from the Tengen version
- Plays like the Tengen version
- Ms. Pac-Man Champion Edition (the arcade hack that was featured in the film "Man on the Moon") included as a feature

September 02, 2013, 12:41:39 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hack idea for the Tengen version of Ms. Pac-Man

Totally convert it into... wait for it...
Jr. Pac-Man
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:41:39 am by CyberFox »