News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2089053 times)

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6880 on: August 26, 2020, 01:40:02 am »
Since the original Seiken Densetsu 3 for the SNES felt kind of short, it would be nice if there was a hack available that would allow you to play through all three final dungeons. The last boss could still be based on who your main character is or perhaps all three could be featured in the final battle somehow. Perhaps a phase shift of some sort that changes who your fighting. For example, you take the HP of the last boss and divide it between the three. Maybe something like this:

Phase 1: Dragon Emperor
Phase 2: Dark Prince
Phase 3: Masked Mage

In this way, once the HP of the final boss drops by 1/3, the next one takes over after defeating the previous one. It doesn't have to be in this order though. I for one think that story wise, the Dragon Emperor is stronger than the other two who were both originally humans. It would also be nice if such a patch worked with the version 1.01 fan patch from 2000. I really didn't like the name changes that were made in the newer official translation release.

And on a different side note, the Trials of Mana remake was pretty fun except for the horrible English voices. Good thing it allows you to switch over to the much better Japanese ones with subtitles. This is why fans have to create undub versions of games as was the case with many PSP titles such as Tales of Eternia and Ys 7, among others. They really need to find better and more matching voice actors for characters in many English dubs (for both anime and games). The original SNES tracks also sounded better than the remade ones, at least in my opinion.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #6881 on: August 26, 2020, 05:19:17 am »
<b>Star Ocean: First Departure</b>

Okay, so it turns out that you can collect the emblems in any order you wish, and that T'nique and Phia become recruitable after collecting two you can get before regrouping with Millie.  Makes sense now.

That said, I would be interested in a hack where certain foods are modified to feed either one character or your whole party, just to make a lot more sense.  I mean, a single sandwich or glass of fruit juice should not feed everyone, nobody pounds an entire cake or turkey single-handedly, and the whole thing is not even consistent according to accompanying icons.

One to all:

-Apple Pie
-Christmas Turkey
-Deluxe Fruit Platter
-Egg Soup
-Fruit Punch
-Luscious Gratin
-Macaroni Gratin
-Sachertorte
-Scrumptious Pizza
-Seafood Gratin
-Stew
-Super Spicy Stew
-Tasteless Stew
-Tearful Risotto
-Treasured Gorgonzola

All to one:

-Amazing Tenderloin
-Devil's Ramen
-Fresh Juice
-Fruit Sandwich
-Mixed Fruit Juice
-Ooze Cocktail
-Steak of the Demons

Also, anything that feeds the whole party should include whoever is on the back burner as well, if it doesn't already.

And while you're at it, be sure to activate anything you might see dummied out.  Would be glad to discuss what to do with those.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 05:27:59 am by McKnight »

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: August 26, 2020, 04:00:51 pm »
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Of The Roses - Add more cards and modify some of the effects of some of the cards currently in the game.
Trust in the Heart of the Cards

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #6883 on: August 26, 2020, 06:04:42 pm »
In addition to what I suggested for SOFD, I would also like healing spells to cost a lot more MP, in proportion to how much HP they restore altogether.

And also to enable the use of food in battle.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:59:02 pm by McKnight »

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: August 26, 2020, 09:08:38 pm »
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Of The Roses - Add more cards and modify some of the effects of some of the cards currently in the game.

First time I have seen a PS2 card game want to be modified.

Anyway I usually have to note that cards might not be that hard to add if they are within the same sorts of effects that are already there, and modifying the same. Adding effects is usually far more annoying if you have to add extra code and handling for it all..

All this will however come at the cost of the AI meaning you are then pretty much limited to whatever multiplayer it has -- collectible card game AI is among some of the hardest to write if the game is any kind of balanced.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/duels-planeswalkers-all-about-ai-2014-02-13 covering some of the fun devs having in doing this.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: August 27, 2020, 12:21:58 am »
Kunio-kun ideas:
→ Re-translate River City Ransom and River City Ransom EX to use the original names for the characters, locations, and maybe techniques (or as close to the original as possible)
→ Kunio-Kun characters in Streets of Rage: Kunio, Riki, Kobayashi, Godai and Yamada, preferably.
→ There's a fan remake of "Downtown Special Kunio-kun’s Historical Period Drama!" that was released a long time ago (last updated August 9th 2015) that I don't think ever got a fan translation but it does have a couple mods for it. Maybe a translation for that (along with compatibility mods)?
→ Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki for the 3DS could get a translation too...
→ Add that creepy smile on Godai's face.

wad11656

• View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: August 27, 2020, 03:19:56 am »
Brain Dead 13 (NTSC-U) (PS1)
  • Create a cheat to make disc swap to Disc 2 work in emulators like it does on PS1 hardware (akin to this Driver 2 Disc 2 fix)  <-- Would be awesome!!
    • Note - There is a mod to merge Disc 1 & 2 (link) so disc swap isn't necessary at all, but this merged-disc version of the game does not work in the PSP's PS1 emulator at all. I would like the USA game fully functioning on PSP.

Codename: Tenka (NTSC-U) (PS1)
  • Improve upon this memory card patch to enable saving and loading (probably by disabling detection of the 2nd memory card).
    • Note - Currently the patch only bypasses the lock that doesn't let you play if it detects 2 memory cards are plugged in. You still can't save or load files if 2 memory cards are plugged in. (PSP can't use savestates so it needs the load/save functions.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 11:00:10 pm by wad11656 »

Dsn24 EB

• View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: August 27, 2020, 09:19:30 pm »
Imagine a hack where they won a non-specific timeline, gather the tri-force and unleash chaos by joining several timelines and a new one with all the heroes but also with new threats since that new world is unstable, the mission would be to go trying a dungeon that represents each game and at the end choose a link to control and defeat ganon and separate the 3 worlds and times

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: August 28, 2020, 01:21:27 pm »
That sounds like something I would build a specific emulator setup to make a savestate, know when a level is completed and then switch to another emulator running another game.

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: August 30, 2020, 12:11:55 am »
Kunio-kun ideas:
→ Re-translate River City Ransom and River City Ransom EX to use the original names for the characters, locations, and maybe techniques (or as close to the original as possible)
→ Kunio-Kun characters in Streets of Rage: Kunio, Riki, Kobayashi, Godai and Yamada, preferably.
→ There's a fan remake of "Downtown Special Kunio-kun’s Historical Period Drama!" that was released a long time ago (last updated August 9th 2015) that I don't think ever got a fan translation but it does have a couple mods for it. Maybe a translation for that (along with compatibility mods)?
→ Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki for the 3DS could get a translation too...
→ Add that creepy smile on Godai's face.

Arc System Works did a translation of "Downtown Special: Kunio-kun's Historical Period Drama!" for the Double Dragon & Kunio-Kun: Retro Brawler Bundle
Why not use that for the translation for the fan remake?

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: August 30, 2020, 01:47:30 am »
Arc System Works did a translation of "Downtown Special: Kunio-kun's Historical Period Drama!" for the Double Dragon & Kunio-Kun: Retro Brawler Bundle
Why not use that for the translation for the fan remake?
'cause:
1. I only have a PC
2. I am not a hacker
3. The fan remake would also need a patch to not use Japanese Characters for file and folder name. (possibly)

yolomate

• View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: August 30, 2020, 05:59:58 pm »
a idea Batman fight game  used sprites and hacked  a bottleg of Street Fighter II NES or Supernes :thumbsup:

diegoarmando547

• View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: September 01, 2020, 04:03:57 pm »
Hello everyone,

In Xenoblade Chronicles, there is a hidden MMO style system where the difference between your level and your enemies level ends up in penalties or advantages.

This wiki page explains the mechanics behind it
https://xenoblade.fandom.com/wiki/Level_(XC1)

I heavily dislike this, and i would like to change it on the Wii version to have

±0% hit rate, ±0% evade rate, ±0% ether hit rate, ±0% block rate applied to all levels.

also, if possible too , to remove XP and AP modifiers and to set SP recieved to 10.

How can i remove them ?

I tried to open an hex editor and tried some research but i haven't found the relevant data that i would change to "0" or "64" depending on how it is displayed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: September 03, 2020, 03:38:50 am »
I just checked out GBC Crystalis and had immediate regret... Reason? Music. So, if someone knows how to modify that game's music, it would be grand to port the NES's music to the GBC. Just that.

While on the subject of GBC Crystalis, it would be nice to have a hack that changes the art seen during the opening, title screen and game over, as well as shorten the game over screen uptime
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 03:12:20 pm by Tsukiyomaru0 »

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: September 03, 2020, 05:59:27 pm »
One of the biggest flaws for Ghost Lion (NES) is the battle music. It's the music that we hear the most in the game and it plays in a short loop. Either mute the music or have it continue to play the field music.

Wootex

• View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: September 04, 2020, 12:06:54 am »
I would love to see a 3-Player Hack for Lost Vikings 2 on SNES or Saturn where everyone controls a character. The first lost vikings has a 3-player mode on the Sega Genesis. but lost Vikings 2 is only a 2 player game

CrispX

• View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: September 05, 2020, 10:22:29 am »
When you guys decided to hack Sensible Soccer International for Sega Genesis and make it to add more teams? That gameplay is the best, the PC Amiga version is not that good and easy to win and play.  :( The Sega Genesis version is a big challenge, and we have hours and hours of fun. If was possible to hack Mortal Kombat to add 130 charathers, it is possible to add more teams in this game.  :thumbsup:

September 05, 2020, 10:24:06 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
a idea Batman fight game  used sprites and hacked  a bottleg of Street Fighter II NES or Supernes :thumbsup:

Wow, looks like a neogeo videogame.  ;)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: September 07, 2020, 09:35:24 pm »
It just came to me that there's something peculiar (well, many things really) about the Famicom game Downtown Special Jidaigeki that I wonder if it could be inserted into the NES port of River City Ransom. One of which I'm pretty sure can, but the others... Well, I'll list:
  • First and foremost, the "Willpower" bar. In Jidaigeki, Willpower is another stat starting at 15, and instead "Willpower" becomes "Vitality". But yes, RCR wouldn't see that until GBA, while Jidaigeki saw it ahead of time.
  • Next up... I doubt this is in RCR, but it's the ability to change how the game flows on the fly, setting a modifier for enemy numbers (All or Some), text speed, (enemy?) stats, etc.
  • Interestingly, Jideigeki has way more moves than RCR
    Spoiler:
    (including Yamada Says (Slick Trick), used by Jukichi)
    , so that could maybe be added into RCR
  • A Map System. Sure, Jidaigeki's isn't the most helpful one, but is better than none. (And River City does have a map in its remake (Rival Showdown) for the 3DS, which can be used as reference)
  • A Save System. Perhaps with both layers, allowing the player to simply save & load, or to use password. If more slots are possible, 2 or 3 slots should do.
that covers it, I think

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube:
« Reply #6898 on: September 08, 2020, 08:42:21 pm »
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, just a VWF hack, like the one made for OoA.
"Genocide is just another game. It doesn't matter whether it's humans or Makai residents." - Yuuka Kazami

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: September 08, 2020, 09:19:48 pm »
Small idea for Steel Empire on GBA and Genesis: a hack to remove the flicker in certain scenes (mission briefing, returning to mothership, etc.)