News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2089126 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6840 on: August 15, 2020, 02:35:42 pm »
I'd like to see that done too. It's a change not seen in other NES Mega Man games and would be welcome if reverted.

As for other Mega Man games, I'd love to see all five Game Boy games colorized. Either by color hacks or rebuilt from the NES games themselves.
And then Roll-Chan World, but that would be a whole other critter.  Might even need to do that from scratch.

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: August 15, 2020, 06:00:25 pm »
I have a couple of ideas.

1. To make Legend of Legaia like Legaia 2 Duel Saga where Normal Arts build up your spirit bar and only Hyper arts and Miracle Arts decrease it. Currently all arts decrease the Spirit Bar.

2. For both Zelda 2 and The Battle Of Olympus: Make their Fireball and Sword Beam attack larger and more deadly.
Trust in the Heart of the Cards

91-MPH

• View Profile
Phantasy Star I-IV Relocalization
« Reply #6842 on: August 15, 2020, 09:41:01 pm »
It would be nice if the English Terminologies of the first four Phantasy Star games were updated to be more in line with the rest of the series' lore.

i.e.: Foi < Foie
      Wat < Barta
      Lassic < Lashiec
      Algo < Algol
      Dark Force < Dark Falz

darthvaderx

• View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star I-IV Relocalization
« Reply #6843 on: August 16, 2020, 11:31:54 am »
It would be nice if the English Terminologies of the first four Phantasy Star games were updated to be more in line with the rest of the series' lore.

i.e.: Foi < Foie
      Wat < Barta
      Lassic < Lashiec
      Algo < Algol
      Dark Force < Dark Falz

But this has already been implemented in most of the series retranslations and that’s what I’m trying to do with PSII by changing the names of Alis and Lassic in the introduction but that so far no hacker anywhere has wanted to help me ...
And another thing, Dark Falz is actually Dark Phallus.

91-MPH

• View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: August 16, 2020, 09:31:09 pm »
But this has already been implemented in most of the series retranslations and that’s what I’m trying to do with PSII by changing the names of Alis and Lassic in the introduction but that so far no hacker anywhere has wanted to help me ...
And another thing, Dark Falz is actually Dark Phallus.

That's odd, cause I noticed in the wikia/fandom page that his name was changed  back to Dark Falz in Phantasy Star Online 2. Or maybe the Wikia/fandom page isn't up to date.

Also, do you know which retranslation hacks have made these implementations? Any that you would recommend?

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: August 17, 2020, 09:03:32 am »
Has anyone tried to combine Ninja Cop Saizou and Wrath of Black Manta?

I've read that Ninja Cop Saizou had an extra level, that is missing in Wrath of Black Manta.

Also i like the realistic style of Wrath of Black Manta, but would like to make it actually worthwhile to interrogate the bad guys and saving the kids.

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: August 17, 2020, 08:14:07 pm »
I was playing Ocarina of Time and realized that you can't unequip the shield. I thought that was weird. It would be better if it could be unequipped

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: August 18, 2020, 06:31:38 am »
I was playing Ocarina of Time and realized that you can't unequip the shield. I thought that was weird. It would be better if it could be unequipped

Might be able to have a cheat done that way, and some of the N64 cheat hardpatch stuff is not the worst (short of even the old GBA stuff but somewhere and this is hopefully simple enough that it is not going to make it work hard).

If there is a use deku shield as old Link then see what that is about -- chances are it force equips a shield and the location it does that is then of interest.
If not then flick between normal shield and mirror shield until you find the value for it, or if that is going to be too tedious cycle between tunics and scan around the memory locations involved there as shield is probably nearby. Check the same location when you start a game and have not yet got a shield. Whatever that value is should hopefully do -- from what I have seen of the game it is more of a is equippable by flag than young Link and old Link being entirely separate characters, though there is that as well.

At this point make some form of button activator https://gamehacking.org/wiki/Hacking_N64 and there you can consider patching. Call it unequip shield combo and you are done.

AzureSkyes22

• View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: August 18, 2020, 10:03:36 am »
Would love to work on a translation of Burai - Hachigyoku no Yuushi Densetsu, a game with visuals done by the same artist from Saint Seiya anime, the first one came on PC-98, there was a washed down version made for snes and then there's the sega-cd version too.

I don't know how to translate japanese, nor how to romhack as quick as most guys work, but it would be nice to make it playable for everyone else

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:39 pm »
Please, how can I change those two words on this Phantasy Star II screen?

And my total thanks to GhaleonUnlimited for their great willingness to help other people...   :beer:

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: August 18, 2020, 11:14:59 pm »
2. For both Zelda 2 and The Battle Of Olympus: Make their Fireball and Sword Beam attack larger and more deadly.
Zelda 2 Redux has a hack that increases the range of both the Fire spell and the sword beam.

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: August 19, 2020, 08:01:49 am »
A hack of Elite Beat Agents for the DS that replaces the licensed songs with royalty free songs and the one from the Mega64 skit video. This came to me after watching the Mega64 skit parodying Elite Beat Agents and wondered if I wanted to hack the game and put the song from that video, and also even put the songs from Moero! Tatakae! Ouendan! into the game as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:36:41 am by A.W. Laris Borromeo »
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: August 19, 2020, 08:55:53 am »
A hack of Elite Beat Agents for the DS that replaces the licensed songs with royalty free songs and the one from the Mega64 skit video. This came to me after watching the Mega64 skit parodying Elite Beat Agents and wondered if I wanted to hack the game and put the song from that video, and also even put the songs from Moero! Tatakae! Ouendan! into the game as well.

The DS, and later devices you might be playing on, have various pieces of homebrew along these lines.
Custom Ouendan, Osu on the PC and a few others being stuff to search for as a jumping off point. If you are after music/rhythm based games then you have plenty more still in the DS homebrew world.
https://gamebrew.org/wiki/List_of_DS_homebrew_games#Music

For the 3ds I never played it but osu!3DS looks like it might be close to what you are after.

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #6853 on: August 19, 2020, 09:24:26 pm »
I'll chip in for a hack idea, how's about using these MM2 sprites of the AVGN and throw 'em into Darkwing Duck with all new fresh levels. It'd be hilarious! :D :laugh:

I'm stuck at who'd replace Launchpad. :huh:

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: August 19, 2020, 10:06:15 pm »
Hack in the Banjo Man from the box art of 'Phalanx' to replace the ship. Maybe he can ride on a rocket or something?

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6855 on: August 19, 2020, 10:56:53 pm »
Hack in the Banjo Man from the box art of 'Phalanx' to replace the ship. Maybe he can ride on a rocket or something?

:laugh: that's ingenious!

Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: August 19, 2020, 10:58:00 pm »
I'm stuck at who'd replace Launchpad. :huh:

I think Mike Matei might be a good replacement for him.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:45:37 am by SCD »

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6857 on: August 20, 2020, 06:14:39 am »
I've been playing Ocarina of Time Redux and it's pretty great. I'm sure the same could be done for Master Quest and honestly I'd be happy with exactly that, but I think it would be even better if it was possible to add double damage from the 3DS remake as well... and possibly even mirroring the map, but I imagine that would take a lot of work and would muck up some cutscenes or something.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube:
« Reply #6858 on: August 20, 2020, 11:28:33 am »
Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom, replace the in-game version of Necrofantasia with the one from Magical Astronomy.
"Genocide is just another game. It doesn't matter whether it's humans or Makai residents." - Yuuka Kazami

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: August 20, 2020, 05:07:51 pm »
Zelda 2 Redux has a hack that increases the range of both the Fire spell and the sword beam.

@ShadowOne - I have extended the range as well in the Zelda 2 hack I'm working on. I'd like to see something larger with a bigger hit radius like a hadouken especially the fire spell. I'd like to see the same extended to The Battle Of Olympus.
Trust in the Heart of the Cards