News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2417210 times)

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6780 on: July 30, 2020, 08:28:58 pm »
If someone can add Luigi in that Sonic hack that Sics did a while back, I think it'd be pretty cool so see in 8-bit. :D

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: August 01, 2020, 11:01:41 am »
Did you know that the GBA Version of Mission Impossible Operation Surma uses the same engine as Resident Evil Gaiden for the GBC (except the combat parts)? Playing the game made me think if Resident Evil Gaiden could have got a GBA sequel, instead of a handheld port of the multiplatform Mission Impossible game, so my hack idea: hack the GBA Version of Mission Impossible Operation Surma and turn it into Resident Evil Gaiden 2.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:40:20 pm by A.W. Laris Borromeo »
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.

Dracula X

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Page for ROM hacking
« Reply #6782 on: August 01, 2020, 03:21:22 pm »
I can't belive that I'm saying this but is it possible for someone to create more tracks from Shaq Fu from SEGA Genesis to SNES? I wan't to know what it would sound like on the SNES version.
I might go back to Thunder Force II hacking again.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #6783 on: August 02, 2020, 07:07:03 am »
Is there any hope of a full and complete restoration of Famicom microphone functionality in the English NES version of Zelda?

Edit: Maybe not. TCRF says it should work... https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda/Console_Differences
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:13:25 am by tc »

Arn

• View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: August 02, 2020, 09:56:10 am »
Not really an idea, more of a curiosity. Would it be possible to remove the "spell pause" from the PSP(or any of their versions, really) Star Ocean games?

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6785 on: August 02, 2020, 01:02:58 pm »
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, change the Glyph Sleeve relic so that each set can also have different equipment, like the Doppelganger soul in Dawn of Sorrow.
Bottom Text

xsc

• View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: August 02, 2020, 06:38:38 pm »
Suggestions...

2 Player coop mode for NES Double Dragon.
2 Player coop mode for NES Bad Dudes.
2 Player coop mode for NES TMNT.
4 Player coop mode for NES TMNT II.
3-4 Player Pro Wrestling (teams or every man for himself, or just 2 players vs the computer!).

Yeah, I love those coop mods!  :woot!:

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: August 03, 2020, 04:31:43 pm »
I just saw a youtube video on Legendary Wings and learned in the arcade version you played a female character named Michelle Heart and the second player as Kevin Walker. The NES version has both of its protagonists as men. I thought it would be interesting if one of them could be changed into Michelle Heart from the arcade version

foiopaulo

• View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: August 03, 2020, 06:19:41 pm »
How feasible a Castlevania: Symphony of the Night port for SNES would be?

August 03, 2020, 06:40:13 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, a long, long time ago, I remember reading something about a Street Fighter II graphics hack, that changed the character sprites to their Alpha/Zero aesthetics. Anyone remember something like this?

(It was sometime before the SSF2T Remaster being released. Also, Dan was playable, IIRC).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 06:40:13 pm by foiopaulo »

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #6789 on: August 04, 2020, 01:18:18 am »
 A SNES SOTN Port would be cool. I would also like someone to turn Nightmare Circus, for Sega Genesis, into a playable game. It needs better control scheme and response time, improved hitboxes, hint system, better life bar, but was legitimately a creepy game that needs to be hacked! Also, once done swap main character with someone from Castlevania series.  :happy:
Insert "Witty Text" here.

Candra Software

• I'm a thing of the past now
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: August 04, 2020, 02:25:56 am »
What if there was a ROM Hack of Mario Party that restores the music track Move to the Mambo in the US version?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: August 04, 2020, 03:29:25 am »
That would be neat, including restore the "Oh my god!" voice clip back to Luigi & Wario as well.

rogueKlyntar

• View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: August 04, 2020, 10:30:04 pm »
I don't suppose anybody would be willing to create an entire mod for DWM2 that adds all the missing monsters from DWQ1-3?
"Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest." - Patricia Tannis, Borderlands 2

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: August 05, 2020, 01:49:18 am »
I'm a patch for Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi 3, and Chakan the forever man with better double jump controls similar to the likes of Castlevania symphony of the night would be cool. It would really help with that one jump in Revenge of Shinobi near the end of the game (stage stage with the enimies jumping out of the water).

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: August 05, 2020, 07:48:07 am »
Back to the Future (NES) without the auto-scrolling levels, or reduce the amount of them before each special event.

duffmmann

• View Profile
« Reply #6795 on: August 06, 2020, 01:07:33 pm »
I'd like to ask if someone that knows what they're doing could hack Mario Golf 64.  It's easy enough to unlock all characters available in game, but even when you do, 4 character icons will remain blank, these are the Game Boy Color characters, they can only be imported with the Game Boy transfer pack, and they can't be saved in the game, when you turn the game off, they disappear until you put the transfer pack and game boy game in again.  This character select screen never being complete really triggers my OCD, and I can't add these characters in because I don't have a transfer pack for my actual N64, and more often than not I actually play Mario Golf on my hack Wii U where I'd never have the option.  My first thought was, ah, well I'll just find gameshark codes to add these players, and I found the codes I need:

Enable Code (Must Be On)   F10B1670 2400
Unlock ??   810C2900 000E
Unlock ??   810C2902 000F
Unlock ??   810C2904 0010
Unlock ??   810C2906 0011

But again, I play on the Wii U where I don't have access to a gameshark for N64 games, so I found a program called GGGuy64 that is supposed to patch gameshark codes directly to .z64 rom files, but when I try to play the patched rom, it will not load.  So I've come to my final thought, can someone hack the game to have these characters always unlocked? You could really go an extra mile if you could give them names (names are custom since they're based on what you name them in the GBC game, so they appear as ?? if unlocked with the gameshark code, but they do have real default names: Kid, Sherry, Joe, and Azalea, you can match the names with their likeness here: https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Golf_(Game_Boy_Color)).  And then one more extra thing that would be great would be to give them each custom stats, as again their stats are determined by what you made them in the Game Boy game, but surely hacking the game would allow one to adjust these stats appropriately to be in the same tiers as other available players.

I know, big request, but you don't see too many N64 mods outside of Mario and Zelda rom hacks, and this one would serve a pretty practical and appreciated desire that the game typically otherwise goes without.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: August 06, 2020, 03:16:37 pm »
Idea for Mega Man X1 to 3:
Mega Man X:
→ Remove Hadouken capsule from its current place and give it a guaranteed spot at a Sigma stage (no "must die" thing).
→ No special requirement to get Hadouken other than full armor.
→ Remove Hadouken full HP requirement.
→ Nerf Hadouken so it can be a 3 shot at best to kill a boss.
→ Make it easier to input the Hadouken (↓+Release Charge Shot, maybe?).

Mega Man X2:
→ Make the access to Shoryuken capsule easier (I wonder if there's no insta-kill spikes that can replace the instakill ones there.?)
→ No special requirement to get Shoryuken other than full armor.
→ Nerf Shoryuken so it can be a 3 shot at best to kill a boss.
→ Make it easier to input the Shoryuken (↑+Release Charge Shot, maybe?).

Mega Man X3:
→ No special requirement to get Hyper Chip other than full armor.
→ Change the Hyper Chip from its gaudy gold palette to Ultimate Armor palette (or like August Prototype palette)
→ Improve the passive energy recovery from Head Chip, to not only be faster but require a shorter wait.
→ Make Hyper Charge infinite, but with the consequence that you can only use LV3 Charge.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: August 06, 2020, 07:33:15 pm »
You know, looking at some of the point and click adventure games on the PS1, I was concerned about the ones that don't support using the mouse like the Blazing Dragons PS1 port. If there is anyone who knows how to make them work for a mouse when using the mouse emulation, let me know.

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6798 on: August 07, 2020, 03:54:41 am »
I think Starfox 64 but with Corneria's BGM being replaced with the music from the SNES version of Star Fox would be a worthwhile improvement.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

KurisuKun

• View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: August 07, 2020, 05:05:21 am »
The two Naruto games on GBA are great but the music is atrocious. Anyway to make them sound effects only?