News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1341795 times)

FaithLes

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6000 on: August 15, 2019, 10:36:43 am »
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist
I wish for a simple pallete swap of red and purple foot soldiers.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: August 15, 2019, 09:39:34 pm »
Recently I noticed the translation of Chocobo Mystery Dungeon for DS has reached a standstill, and in light of a recent release there's fear it may never be finished. Which is a shame, really, considering not everyone can/want to afford a Switch or PS4 to play Everybuddy, and there's also the way the UI works in the DS version that makes navigating and monitoring your stats much easier

GundamBattleAssault2

• View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: August 17, 2019, 07:19:38 am »
In the game Gundam Battle Assault 2 for the PS1, there are "4" unused characters that are completely inaccessible unless you use Gameshark codes. Here are the four characters and the codes that force Player1/Player2 to be those characters.

P1 The-O 800DF844 0006
P1 Zeta Gundam 800DF844 000D
P1 Qubeley 800DF844 000F
P1 Hamma Hamma 800DF844 0010

P2 The-O 800DF85E 0006
P2 Zeta Gundam 800DF85E 000D
P2 Qubeley 800DF85E 000F
P2 Hamma Hamma 800DF85E 0010

My idea for a romhack is either to add these four characters to the Character Select roster (which would be the most eloquent) OR add button combos that allow you to choose one of them by, say, "Hold R2 while selecting Burning Gundam to play as Zeta Gundam" and do this for the other three. I love this game, it's my favorite fighting game and think it would be incredible for everybody to experience this unused extra content that is locked away in the game data. Thank you.

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: August 18, 2019, 12:32:34 am »
How could they do that to mah boi Qubeley

moneyspider_todd

• View Profile
Super Street Fighter II (SNES) - Free battle mode (Vs CPU)
« Reply #6004 on: August 18, 2019, 01:55:22 am »
Hi!

I've been always fan of fighting games, specially from the ones where i can have matches vs the cpu aside of tournament/arcade/survival/etc. In example, Dead or Alive 4, SFIV and Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha had the option to choose a rival, an stage and fight in the preferred difficulty. So, i was wondering if it could be possible to add that function to SSFII (my favorite game ever). The closer this game have to it is Time Attack, but it is restricted to just one round and in high difficulty.

So, that's my question. It is possible to add that option to this game in particular?
Greetings!

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: August 18, 2019, 10:32:03 am »
Adding AI to a game without any is tricky; making AI is hard*, ROM hacking as far as doing extra code is hard, the meeting of the two does not make things any easier, especially if the AI is supposed to be good and done in real time by the console itself on top of everything else.

*various things to look at here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpXy041BIlA is a good start even if it is for chess, all the things fighting game makers do by inputting events that happen in tournaments as training data, and stuff like the smash brothers neural network AI from a couple of years back ( https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/26/super-smash-bros-ai-competes-with-top-players/ ) being interesting to look at.
Said neural networks might also be a choice option here, however that is possibly a bit beyond the scope of what we do around here; we could help with finding scoring items and some general baseline rules if you wanted (more rules is harder to train AI for but we can skip that one), but how many are familiar** with neural networks is a different matter, not to mention the general focus on having things run on hardware. It is not my thing though so there might already be such a project out there for some things that you could look at and twist to this.

**edit. I quite like https://www.youtube.com/user/carykh as a blend of slightly lighter technical and demonstrative AI/neural network generation.

However if the game already has AI then in most cases it is reasonable to force a given character, stage or slightly altered rules (classic two rounds to win being nothing too major). For some games then the combo of levels, huge boss monster and such might see it. Difficulty changing can be harder (there is a reason many times bosses are given more health or cheap moves) and for the most part will come down to altering timings and occasionally giving the player a chance to recover or a making the AI occasionally flub things.

#

• View Profile
Re: Super Street Fighter II (SNES) - Free battle mode (Vs CPU)
« Reply #6006 on: August 18, 2019, 02:28:09 pm »
Hi!

I've been always fan of fighting games, specially from the ones where i can have matches vs the cpu aside of tournament/arcade/survival/etc. In example, Dead or Alive 4, SFIV and Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha had the option to choose a rival, an stage and fight in the preferred difficulty. So, i was wondering if it could be possible to add that function to SSFII (my favorite game ever). The closer this game have to it is Time Attack, but it is restricted to just one round and in high difficulty.

So, that's my question. It is possible to add that option to this game in particular?
Greetings!
It is possibly by replacing (or adding an option to replace) the 2nd player in Versus Battle with the CPU, just like you can do in SFIV.

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: August 18, 2019, 03:49:25 pm »
Is Hoshi wo Miru Hito considered a "translation patch killer" like how Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 was?

'Cause this game seems interesting.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: August 19, 2019, 03:33:54 pm »
I wonder if there should be a Cocoron hack where you play as one of the Zelda characters or the Bionic Commando guy?

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: August 19, 2019, 11:12:50 pm »
A hack of Grudge Warriors (PS1) featuring Vigilante 8 or Twisted Metal vehicles.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:25:53 am by A.W. Laris Borromeo »
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.

SiegfriedBelmont

• View Profile
Anybody wanna make a Castlevania 64 rom hack?
« Reply #6010 on: August 20, 2019, 12:18:56 pm »
I’ve been doing a bunch of artwork that’s based off Ayami Kojima’s art style, and I think it would be cool to somehow incorporate it into the game. Also, there’s a few fan-made soundtracks on YouTube that were made in the style of Castlevania 64, such as Aquarius, Clockwork, Lost Painting, Dracula’s Tears, After Confession, etc. that I think we could place into the game.

xstioph

• View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: August 20, 2019, 04:53:48 pm »
NES Ice Hockey.. With all the awesome 2-4 player hacks, I came to think of this game. Imagine playing 2-4 players on the same team! Or 2 VS 2 humans. Also/or adding options menu for the frictionless puck/no goalies cheats - might be neat.

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: August 22, 2019, 07:55:37 am »
Mischief Makers (N64) Hacks:
*Restore the Japanese opening theme Troublemaker
*Restore the dialog boxes in the first stage
Both were removed in the US/EU releases for no reason.

Assault Retribution PS1 Hacks:
*Autoaim without pressing the R1/R2 shoulder buttons
*Keep the powerups after continuing the game from death

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: August 22, 2019, 10:12:00 am »
Mischief Makers (N64) Hacks:
*Restore the Japanese opening theme Troublemaker
*Restore the dialog boxes in the first stage
Both were removed in the US/EU releases for no reason.

Including restore the Japanese voice tracks for all the characters, I thought the English voices were terrible.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: August 22, 2019, 01:22:05 pm »
Including restore the Japanese voice tracks for all the characters, I thought the English voices were terrible.
So many differences. It seems easier to just translate the Japanese version.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #6015 on: August 23, 2019, 12:54:12 pm »
You know, looking at both versions of Sonic 3D Blast...maybe someone should compose a Genesis style version of the Saturn music for the Genesis version of the game perhaps? It would be interesting to hear the end credits of the Saturn version in that style

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: August 23, 2019, 11:31:40 pm »
Restore the Japanese soundtrack of Gran Turismo 1 and 2 to the US AND European versions. The licenced soundtrack choice in the western versions is okay but I like the Japanese soundtrack better. This worked for the Need for Speed (and Forza Horizon) games but I wonder why Polyphony Digital did it for Gran Turismo.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 06:19:06 am by A.W. Laris Borromeo »

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: August 24, 2019, 08:24:31 am »
I would like to see a hack for Pokemon Gold, Silver & Crystal that will add these Pokemon to them:

Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Togekiss, Weavile, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Electivire, Magmortar, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, Yanmega, Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Munchlax.

Masaru

• i want to know diasm and c++
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: August 24, 2019, 05:01:49 pm »
I would like to see a hack for Pokemon Gold, Silver & Crystal that will add these Pokemon to them:

Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Togekiss, Weavile, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Electivire, Magmortar, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, Yanmega, Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Munchlax.
Pokemon Polished Crystal and Prism already do that objective

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: August 24, 2019, 09:28:44 pm »
I already know they did that in those hacks, but I want to see a standalone hack for them that doesn't change the games, it just adds the new Pokemon to them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 12:43:10 am by SCD »