News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2528172 times)

ETG

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #600 on: March 24, 2013, 07:45:38 pm »
If I wanted to hack ff6 (american version), I'd make it so at the coliseum you can actually choose your attacks instead of it being auto attack only.
Like this?

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 24, 2013, 09:51:13 pm »
Once you unlock Maria you can play the first stage with her by using the stage select in both the original and PSP versions.
To my knowledge no one has publicly shown any level hacks of RoB, nor shared any info on how. So a hack of this scale isn't likely to happen any time soon unless a new project gets organized.
I like the idea of making a character swapping hack, but I doubt it would be a simple asm hack, so don't hold your breath on that one either. Also, you might want to post in the hack ideas thread.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 25, 2013, 12:07:36 am »
Secret of Mana solo game.

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 25, 2013, 03:48:05 am »
I think it'd be bad ass if someone Turned Golden AxE Warrior into Zelda 1. As if it wasn't a big enough Zelda clone as it is... But then it really would be Zelda with better graphics and better music if one could get a FM music mod to work on the rom.

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #604 on: March 25, 2013, 09:40:12 am »

fellowroot

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 25, 2013, 12:48:50 pm »
I think that it would be really neat idea to add more players to already existing games.

For example:

Make Zombies Ate My Neighbors a 4 player game.

Make Super Mario Kart a 4 player game.

Make Donkey Kong Country a 2 Player game like co-op.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 25, 2013, 01:46:44 pm »
DKC already is co-op.
Unless you mean make both players control both monkeys at the same time without having to tag in.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 25, 2013, 02:38:29 pm »
DKC already is co-op.
Unless you mean make both players control both monkeys at the same time without having to tag in.
I guess he means both at once, no tagging...

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 25, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »
Making DKC co-op with both playable simultaneously could be problematic. If they share the whole screen then it'd be easy to leave a player behind. They'd have to alter the game so the other player comes back if left behind as in the original game I don't think the player could get left behind, so there's no code for respawning. I don't know if anyone has the skill to make it split screen, I've never seen a hack yet that does that anyway.

As for making Mario Kart 4 players, it could possibly work, but again, noone has made a split screen hack yet so who knows if anyone would be able to figure out how to do it. Also, the tracks aren't designed for 4 players. You'd run out of coins and power-ups cause the CPU don't collect either, so the levels are arranged for just 2 players in mind. It could possibly be fixed by making the items and coins respond over time. It'd take a bit of work.

itoikenza

• https://www.irccloud.com
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #609 on: March 25, 2013, 05:47:23 pm »
1.battle Bend of time music for all regular battles and toggle music on/off via L2 & R2.

2. make Dark Serge, Garai, Guillot, Fargo, Radius, Taurusoid
doppelganger Crash/Glitch free...

3. Any char. can equip/move any element to anywhere..

4. Any playable char. added to doppelganger list...

5. Add any combination of starting equip effects to
doppelganger enemies.

6.All 3 can be transformed via doppelganger at the same time without duplicate error.

7.Remove duplicate weapon stuck in head glitch,
happens when a character comes out of doppelganger.

8.Add equip of Dario's masamune to Radius, Fargo, Steena,
Leena.

9.Add ability of any char. Can perform z-slash as slash without hang.

10. Recharge becomes non-consumable
or all elements have infinite use.

11. Start New Game with all tech's/element's in inventory...
Or regular char. Tech/Grid modifier app.

12. Now the Hardest one...
Add Gi, Lu, Che Delilas & Songi(second form),to doppelganger.
from Legend of Legaia.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:55:05 pm by itoikenza »

ETG

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 26, 2013, 11:27:39 am »
For mario kart, I bet you could make a custom emulator that could sync up with another emulator over the internet and take some basic information from player one and two (like the position,) send it to the other emulator, and inject that data into the 3rd and 4th driver's data.

For DKC it would be much more complicated. You might hack it so that you only play one character, and the other is a ghost drawn wherever, then let the other emulator send over position and pose data. Then you'd have to make it so anything triggered in one (collected item, enemy killed) is triggered in the other (Or maybe each character runs the level on their own and results are compared at the end of the level, but that's competitive not co-op.) The end of level and one player dying may be troublesome.

This is assuming that the games are robust enough to handle things like an enemy off screen being killed and the whole level being accessible in memory at once.

itoikenza

• https://www.irccloud.com
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #611 on: March 26, 2013, 11:50:16 am »
how about Link from sc2 inserted into skyrim with all his moves, executed exactly the same, namco's controls would fit well into that game don't yah think?!

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 26, 2013, 02:27:47 pm »
For mario kart, I bet you could make a custom emulator that could sync up with another emulator over the internet and take some basic information from player one and two (like the position,) send it to the other emulator, and inject that data into the 3rd and 4th driver's data.

That'd probably be easier than learning how to split the screen for 4 players. But that also restricts you to playing 4 players on a PC. Which is kind of a bummer since there are SNES emulators for other devices.

Johny_Olde

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 26, 2013, 09:58:30 pm »
So who takes the ideas or requests and makes the games? Do they really do that or not really? How does this all work? Cuz' I would like to know if my idea would work or not.
I like to drink eggnog till my head hurts, then I drink some more till I stop.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 26, 2013, 11:19:02 pm »
DKC Co-op.  I have two ideas maybe that would work but could be frustrating?

1.  Take a look at Mario on the Wii.  4 players at once and I think everyone had to be moving towards the screen at once to actually MOVE the screen.  Take that into account on DKC, both kongs would have to be moving forward in order to move the screen.  Otherwise if one person just sits there, screen doesn't move at all.

2. Force screen scroll.  Player 1 moves and it scrolls screen while moving Player 2 along the screens edge.  P2 falls out, welp, there s/he goes.

'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 27, 2013, 01:30:12 am »
Maybe you could lock the screen going left and right, but if you do that for up and down then if someone falls off a platform they'll fall off screen. I can't remember, the NSMB co-op games solve this by zooming out maybe? I don't think you can zoom out on SNES games in the same way. Forcing screen scroll wouldn't be true to the original game. Also, I don't find most autoscroll stages in games to be fun.

fellowroot

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 27, 2013, 01:14:35 pm »
For Donkey Kong co-op. Maybe have it like in Sonic 2 with Tails. You know Tails just tags along with Sonic and can die as many times as he wants to, but he also helps out with the boss battles and such.

As for Mario Kart 4 player. Remember when Halo 1 came out and you could connect your Xbox with other Xbox and play Slayer with up to 16 players? Why can't that happen on the SNES and Mario Kart?

Why not have two TV's and two SNES systems connected to each other. Then have one TV with 2 players on it and the other TV with the other 2 players on it and yet all 4 players are actually in the same race. And maybe connect the SNES systems by some adapter cable or something. Isn't there a special port or plug on the underside of the SNES? I know that the NES has one.

busterflex

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 29, 2013, 05:11:50 am »
So who takes the ideas or requests and makes the games? Do they really do that or not really? How does this all work? Cuz' I would like to know if my idea would work or not.

I don't think that there is some one who is takeing you ideas and making a game with your ideas...They work on their hacks and help out each other (But maybe I could be wrong)

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #618 on: March 29, 2013, 06:43:28 am »
This is an idea dumping ground. Think of it as a collective brainstorming session. It is not viewed as a place for requests. Just a public place for ideas. Maybe someone sees your idea, considers it worthwhile and plausible and go through with it. Usually not. I, myself, look through for inspiration, but most of the game-specific ideas don't interest me. Can't speak for others.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 29, 2013, 09:15:08 am »
How about a hack to skip non arcade levels in the GBA Double Dragon Advance? Those are my least favorite additions to the game.

Another idea is to hack the Genesis version of MK 5 Mythologies. I suggest improving the gameplay, possibly by adding special moves and 6 button support (if there's enough room in VRAM for the sprites). I don't miss the combos that much so I wouldn't miss them that much if they weren't restored. Graphics wise it's a decent port. But the music isn't that great. Some of this stuff should be doable by a hacker knowledgable with the assembly language the Genesis uses. Judging from the UMK Trilogy hack this extensive a hack should be possible.

I guess changing the sprites would make sense too but it doesn't bother me as much as the other stuff. Possibly the enemies should be given different voice samples too. Especially Liu Kang and Sonya.

It is kind of lame that Quan Chi isn't the last boss either. That or Shinnok, but since his second form wasn't a sprite it could be hard to port.