News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1384831 times)

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5960 on: July 28, 2019, 07:25:12 pm »
Change the final boss in Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen to Shrek.
some

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #5961 on: July 28, 2019, 08:40:56 pm »
Take Mighty Final Fight, and replace Cody, Guy and Haggar with Axel, Blade and Adam from Streets of Rage.

Seeing 'em in 8-bit form would be hilarious.  :laugh:

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: July 28, 2019, 10:21:49 pm »
There already is an 8-bit Streets of Rage, on the Game Gear and Master System.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #5963 on: July 29, 2019, 03:33:38 pm »
I never knew that, the only Sega systems I own was the Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast.

It was an idea that popped in my head when I played that SOR2 hack with the Final Fight characters and Chun Li.

I don't know if people in the anime industry still uses the term Super Deformed, seeing mini version of Axel, Blade and Adam would totally be different.

I'll check out the Master System and Game Gear versions, thanks King. :)   

Espio419

• View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: July 29, 2019, 10:15:08 pm »
A bit of an odd request but it'd be nice for a hack that cuts the number of enemies in crowded areas for the GBA port of DOOM II so the framerate doesn't tank. Specifically the area full of Barons on map 8.

geadom

• View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: July 30, 2019, 01:29:05 pm »
Greetings, new member here.
Is there a way for me to request a romhack that doesn't exist? Being more specific, I've been a long time Street Fighter II player; and the latest version (super turbo) introduces speed changes plus super moves.

Super Moves are not that well balanced, so I've been trying to find a Super Street Fighter 2 (the previous game) hack that can apply only speed settings (or increase speed, to play with friends and maybe introduce to the community, due to Fightcade having an unsupported ROM room where if both people have the same modified rom they can play online).

So far, the only placed I've found that has sort of mod/hack for the game is here; so that's why I've registered. Thank you so much for your time.

cargo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: July 31, 2019, 01:37:05 pm »
Any Taisen Puzzle Dama fans out there?
I'd like to suggest an English translation of "Tusyoshi Sikkari Shinasai Taisen Puzzle Dama" for the Super Famicom. It's mostly menus and character names as far as I can see:

https://youtu.be/gCDSjuJ4_K0?t=30

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 02:09:24 pm by cargo »

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: July 31, 2019, 07:29:06 pm »
Something that i would really like is if someone restores the original seiken densetsu title screen
Well, there it is.

BlazeHeatnix

• View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: July 31, 2019, 11:49:05 pm »
A hack for SMB2 Japan that makes the difficulty more similar to the All-Stars version: removing the need to beat the game 8 times to see everything, and being able to continue on the same level instead of the same world.

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
Hack idea: Game of Death Game based off of NES Kung Fu
« Reply #5970 on: August 01, 2019, 09:32:17 pm »
A game based off of a game based off of the movie :P   

If anyone's interested, let me know. It wouldn't be too hard to make these sprites.

#

• View Profile
Re: Hack idea: Game of Death Game based off of NES Kung Fu
« Reply #5971 on: August 02, 2019, 02:09:40 pm »
A game based off of a game based off of the movie :P   

If anyone's interested, let me know. It wouldn't be too hard to make these sprites.

Which One? Kung-Fu (Master) is based on a Jackie Chan movie (not to be confused with Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu, which is an unrelated platformer). And there's Yie Ar Kung-Fu, which is not based on a movie, but has more Bruce Lee references.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: August 03, 2019, 07:21:10 am »
I want to see a hack for Super Mario 64 that would restore the Mel Blanc voice clips from the beta version of the game for Mario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvDWe4Go6vs

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: August 03, 2019, 07:50:40 am »
I want to see a hack for Super Mario 64 that would restore the Mel Blanc voice clips from the beta version of the game for Mario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvDWe4Go6vs

That sounds like the perfect thing to do with that new source recreation. The compiler setup is slightly annoying but well within reason/follow this guide. If that is the source of them then once you have the compiler able to play it will probably be longer in audacity or your audio editor of choice.

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: August 03, 2019, 09:24:55 am »
Which One? Kung-Fu (Master) is based on a Jackie Chan movie (not to be confused with Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu, which is an unrelated platformer). And there's Yie Ar Kung-Fu, which is not based on a movie, but has more Bruce Lee references.

Really? I always thought it was quite obvious Kung-Fu Master was based on Game of Death.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 05:39:27 am by jimstrom »

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: August 03, 2019, 10:32:19 am »
I meant the one with Thomas and Sylvia

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #5976 on: August 03, 2019, 12:45:19 pm »
Really? I always thought it was quite obvious Kun-Fu Master was based on Game of Death.

In Japan, Kung Fu [Master] was called Spartan-X, which was the Japanese title for Jackie Chan's movie Wheels on Meals, which has NOTHING to do with Kung Fu [Master]. It's clearly more like Game of Death, but yes, it was named after a Jackie Chan movie. That's why there's a Famicom sequel called Spartan-X 2.

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: August 03, 2019, 07:09:14 pm »
Your best bet would probably be to start with Super Turbo and modify the super moves. It is generally easier to remove than to add features. If the moves could be rebalanced merely by adjusting damage, that would be easiest by far. Otherwise, you can remove them from the game by hooking into when they are triggered and bypassing them. The execution of this is not complex but requires some debugging skill and awareness of basic game programming logic. Folks here can talk you through it but like to see some initiative. It is rare to make a request here and have it granted. I encourage you to start a thread about it, if you are willing to work on it yourself.

Greetings, new member here.
Is there a way for me to request a romhack that doesn't exist? Being more specific, I've been a long time Street Fighter II player; and the latest version (super turbo) introduces speed changes plus super moves.

Super Moves are not that well balanced, so I've been trying to find a Super Street Fighter 2 (the previous game) hack that can apply only speed settings (or increase speed, to play with friends and maybe introduce to the community, due to Fightcade having an unsupported ROM room where if both people have the same modified rom they can play online).

So far, the only placed I've found that has sort of mod/hack for the game is here; so that's why I've registered. Thank you so much for your time.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: August 03, 2019, 07:39:43 pm »
Really? I always thought it was quite obvious Kun-Fu Master was based on Game of Death.
It probably is if you've played it (for more than a couple of minutes). I've only played the sequels. I didn't expect a game that is officially supposed to be based on a Jackie Chan movie to actually be based on a decade old Bruce Lee movie instead.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: August 04, 2019, 12:00:40 pm »
was talking about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjzFt8Sqpk

August 04, 2019, 12:01:32 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Also, another hack idea:    WCW/nWo Revenge vs WWF 2000. All of the characters from both games in one.