News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1156495 times)

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5620 on: March 02, 2019, 02:30:15 pm »
an infinite score counter (where after breaking 999,999 the score goes to A00,000 indicating a million and keeps counting from there).

Or just add another digit and properly support 1,000,000. ;)

Funnily enough, Tetris on the SNES does exactly this:
https://youtu.be/CidYUhq5PUI?t=1626

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: March 02, 2019, 08:13:09 pm »
No, that video looks like exactly what the NES version does: it doesn't check the top digit, so it just keeps increasing the tile into letters and other graphics if you can get a high enough score.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Arty

• View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: March 03, 2019, 01:16:56 am »
Take the Mario World hacks known as "Super Mario/Super Luigi Arcade" and make them insanely difficult, like a true arcade usually game is.

TanaPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: March 03, 2019, 08:11:20 pm »
So. I've been playing Final Fantasy VI Eternal Crystals. And honestly it just feels harder and with characters from 4 inserted. I feel like there could be a WAY better version where the 2 games world maps are used in the same game to cross play where characters from 4 and 6 help each other fix the issues in both worlds. Would love to get with someone and write this up if its possible. I mean I haven't beat Eternal Crystals yet but so far it seems like it not going to do this.

Zenary

• View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: March 04, 2019, 01:54:00 pm »
some time ago I've been asking myself, where is this DQIV translation of playstation? I remember seeing some old topics that talked about a certain translation in progress, but I never saw any updates or new information or anything. Anyone please let me know of something you could let me know, a brief translation or anything, even just the translation of items and menu (just as they did with Final Fantasy VI T-Edition EX). If I knew how to do these kinds of thing I would do it myself, but I started to study Japanese very recently, so I do not know anything yet. Does anyone know anything about this translation? If possible let me know, because I really like this franchise and would love to play the version of DQIV psx, which is very beautiful and incredible by the way. Thank you very much in advance

Starz Lol

• View Profile
« Reply #5625 on: March 05, 2019, 12:10:11 am »
Can someone please make a hack of Final Fantasy II SNES that purely changes the title screen to the Japanese version's and nothing else?

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: March 05, 2019, 09:34:07 am »
A hack to make Richter walk faster in The Dracula X Chronicles for PSP.

It should be called "See you at the party Richter!"

Q

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Meow, busy hackers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: March 05, 2019, 11:45:00 am »
Can someone please make a hack of Final Fantasy II SNES that purely changes the title screen to the Japanese version's and nothing else?

There's already one included with the Namingway Edition hack, which you can download here. It's the file called "Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition Title Screen (add-on).ips".
Sneko, the Super Nintendo Entertainment Kitty, wishes you luck.

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: March 05, 2019, 09:17:43 pm »
I have a romhack wishlist for one particular GameBoy Color game: Revelations: The Demon Slayer, aka Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible.

What do I want in this romhack? 1. A title screen hack, 2. A retranslation based on Supper's recently released Last Bible GG translation: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=27986.0, 3. All the overworld sprites redrawn to look more like GG's superior version and less Pokémon-like, and of course, if the hardware permits it, a port of all the significant changes that made GG's version superior to the GBC's version (according to Supper: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=27986.msg371159#msg371159).

That's all for now.

POWCo-op

• View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: March 06, 2019, 09:28:38 am »
I thought of a sprite hack for Street Racer SNES where all the characters are replaced with ones from Mario Kart.
Now you're playing in... three dimensions.

Animation Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: March 06, 2019, 10:02:00 am »
Sprite hack of F-Zero and F-Zero Grand Prix 2 in which cars from one game are ported to the other, and vice versa.

Bonus points if the extra circuit from Grand Prix 2 can be added to standard F-Zero, but obviously not going to hold my breath on that one.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: March 06, 2019, 02:07:41 pm »
Oddly enough, I recall from an old Nintendo Power that Nintendo may have once considered putting the BSFZ2 cars into the Player's Choice release of F-Zero.
But I don't believe that actually happened and PC FZ is the same as the original release.

Animation Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: March 06, 2019, 03:58:49 pm »
Definitely not.  I have the Player's Choice edition, and it has the same car sprites as the original release.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: March 06, 2019, 06:02:47 pm »
I thought of a sprite hack for Street Racer SNES where all the characters are replaced with ones from Mario Kart.
You mean to modify the characters in the vehicles to look like Mario Kart characters? Simply porting the sprites won't do as there would be missing animations and the art directions aren't exactly complementary either.

Sprite hack of F-Zero and F-Zero Grand Prix 2 in which cars from one game are ported to the other, and vice versa.

Bonus points if the extra circuit from Grand Prix 2 can be added to standard F-Zero, but obviously not going to hold my breath on that one.
Both your requests in one project: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=26750
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 06:13:08 pm by # »

Spider Rico

• View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: March 07, 2019, 10:49:26 pm »
Hello, new guy here. I was hoping someone could help with a very simple hack I had in mind and I do mean very simple. Samurai Shodown for the SNES:

1. Have the orange blood made red. (When the life meter is low it flashes white and red. The red there would be a perfect shade for the recoloring of the blood)

2. Have the defeated opponent stay laying down after round 2 (They stay sitting up after their second KO. A part of Nintendo's censorship that always bothered me)

3. Last but not least, the blood effect is backwards. Can it be turned around? (The blood splatter faces the wrong way when someone is slashed.)

Dreamwhale

• View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: March 09, 2019, 07:37:35 am »
Castlevania II - Belmont's Revenge (GB): Hard Mode

It's a great game, but the last couple of bosses aside, it lacks the challenge of its predecessor or most other Classicvanias.

The game's main problem is that the player easily becomes overpowered with the fireball-whip and subweapons on top of that.

One thing I'd like to see would be a standard whip-only mode (no chain- or fireball-upgrades). That way the sub-weapons would make more sense. I also think there should be less hearts overall (half the amount, or less).

Some enemies, like the big knight-types and the fireballs spat out by those reptile heads should be way faster (at least 1,5 times). The first 4 regular bosses could use some more hitpoints, be faster or have some added regular enemy types (e.g. bats) appear, if the latter won't slow down the game too much.

Another mode that would be cool would be "The Adventure"-mode, with rules closer to the first GB game: hearts for subweapons should be very rare, all enemy hits should downgrade the whip and take away hearts, too (like the floating jellyfish do), spikes should back to one-hit kills. The above mentioned enemy tweaks should apply, too.

POWCo-op

• View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: March 09, 2019, 08:44:08 am »
You mean to modify the characters in the vehicles to look like Mario Kart characters? Simply porting the sprites won't do as there would be missing animations and the art directions aren't exactly complementary either.
I thought it would essentially work because they're both kart racers. I guess not.
Now you're playing in... three dimensions.

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #5637 on: March 10, 2019, 07:29:37 am »
I'm honestly surprised no one has done a graphical hack and consistency of Lufia and The Fortress of Doom yet. When I say that, I mean bringing it more in line with Lufia 2. Adding darker outlines to the characters and all NPCs, making Maxim, Selan, Guy and Artea look more like they did in 2, changing the tilesets to more closely resemble Lufia 2 towns, hell you could literally exchange half the monsters with their better drawn variants in Lufia 2. And then there is the fact that the intro, The Battle of Doom Island, is scripted differently than in Lufia 2 so having Sinistrals appear where they're meant to and say what they're meant to when they're meant to would make for a much better experience.

Speaking of experience, Lufia 1 is quite grindy so balancing the experience wouldn't be a bad idea either, nor adding some additional cut content from The Cutting Room Floor - https://tcrf.net/Lufia_%26_The_Fortress_of_Doom_(SNES) such as the unused warp points and spells. Speaking of which, the title screen could sure use a make over to sport the title screen logo 2 and 3 have. Lufia 1 was a great game and probably deserves more love.

redmagejoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: March 10, 2019, 01:26:48 pm »
Has anyone given any thought to a Sword of Mana (GBA) hack that would allow one to achieve 100 Amigos in a non-traditional way? Obviously the easiest method would be a hack that allows you to just log 100 dummy Amigos when you choose the Communication option, but I'm sure there's more creative ways for a one to collect Amigos through a single-player experience.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: March 10, 2019, 07:59:33 pm »
Speaking of experience, Lufia 1 is quite grindy so balancing the experience wouldn't be a bad idea either, nor adding some additional cut content from The Cutting Room Floor - https://tcrf.net/Lufia_%26_The_Fortress_of_Doom_(SNES) such as the unused warp points and spells. Speaking of which, the title screen could sure use a make over to sport the title screen logo 2 and 3 have. Lufia 1 was a great game and probably deserves more love.
It has Try Again mode, which gives quad EXP/Gold (aka Retry mode in Lufia II). Unlocked by beating the game once, so it's only meant to be that way on the first playthrough.