News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1491209 times)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5200 on: September 30, 2018, 11:45:23 am »
I would like to see a hack for the arcade & console ports of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 that will add Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat Trilogy to the main roster by adding him next to Sub-Zero and make Classic Sub-Zero a hidden character.

ceccil

• View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: September 30, 2018, 02:07:23 pm »
I do not know if this is the right place for this, is there a hack that could be played with zelda in ocarine of time? I already saw wario, uluigi, gannadorf, that blue-haired guy and the sonic, I'm crazy to play with her in ocarine or twilight princess, in twlight her model is so beautiful, I was kind of disappointed because they are such characters ridiculous and has none of the zelda, can anyone with knowledge could do or teach me the tools so that I can edit myself? Thanks in advance

Vogeluff

• View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: October 01, 2018, 08:22:33 pm »
Hi there!
I love the pkmn red colorized hack -> https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1385/. I tried searching for a good while now and couldn't find an answear to my question. Is it possible for anyone to convert the ips patch so that it works on the GERMAN rom of the game? the game in germany is named "Pokémon Rote Edition" or "Pokémon Rot" for short. I really love the hack but I am too nostalgic vor the german names so playing in english is not really a fullfilling option. Would be so happy if someone could help me, thanks for reading!

Zimgief

• View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: October 02, 2018, 03:52:39 am »
One of the biggest flaws of the very interesting Blaster Master on the Nes is that for a new player, it is too easy to lose a weapon upgrade, which often makes visiting some places not worthwhile at all.
It could be interesting to make the player lose a weapon upgrade unit not everytime he is hit, but maybe 1 time out of 2 or even 4?

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #5204 on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:02 pm »
Hacking ideas:

- Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (SNES)
Someone should make a mod that removes the infamous bike level or shortens it so people can enjoy the game rather then progress coming to a half 3 stages in.

- Final Fantasy Legend 3 (GB)
Someone should edit the title screen to read something more similar to the Japanese SaGa 3 release

- Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (GB)
Someone should make the effort to colorize this. Super Mario Land 1 and 2 have been hacked into color. Wario Land 2 and 3 had color releases, making Super Mario Land 3, the middle game in the series, the only game not available in color.

SPEAKING OF GAMEBOY COLORIZATION HACKS
The below are well overdue to have some color in their lives :3

- Kirby's Dreamland 1 and 2 (GB)
- Rolan's Curse 1 and 2 (GB)
- Final Fantasy Legend/Saga 1- 3 (GB)
- Sword of Hope 1 and 2 (GB)

- Sword of Mana (GBA)
I great idea for a hack would to be to circumvent the Amigos System in Sword of Mana on Gameboy Advance so you can complete all the quests in the game. As is, you cannot complete quest 41 as it requires showing an Chekov a summon card only acquirable via registering friend to your game. Perhaps even a hack that marks the quest completed.

---

I'll quote and edit in more later when I think of them <3

elmontro42

• View Profile
« Reply #5205 on: October 03, 2018, 06:40:45 am »
I want to see a 2D Final Fantasy III remake for the Game Boy Advance. Make it a hybrid of FF I+II as far as graphical portrayal goes and just hack the original content into the game such as the monsters etc... and a nice soundtrack for it. In line with the 2D FF titles on GBA and PSP add additional content to the game. Super bosses, extra areas etc just ignore the 3D version's attempt at giving the party members a backstory leave them as Ur onionkids.

If this is too much at the moment, I wonder if Maeson the creator of FF III maeson mix would update his patch by adding the dummy monsters, seeing as he has added dummied items it shouldn't be difficult for him.

RetroGameFan

• View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: October 03, 2018, 07:51:30 am »
Someone should make the effort to colorize this. Super Mario Land 1 and 2 have been hacked into color. Wario Land 2 and 3 had color releases, making Super Mario Land 3, the middle game in the series, the only game not available in color.
Did you forget about Wario Land 4? Considering that that game does exist, that would make Wario Land (Super Mario Land 3) not be the middle game in the Super Mario Land/Wario Land series. Just giving you a heads up, but I do get your point.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: October 03, 2018, 10:19:39 am »

- Super Mario Land 1 (GB)
Those ones are the ones which I believe should be colorized when possible.
Kirby's Dreamland is one I would absolutely love to see, given how we already have a perfectly color match up for what the colors should be in this one (Kirby Super Star Ultra has a full remake of Dreamland 1, so we can take that as the base).

Though, I do still believe that Super Mario Land 1 needs another recolorization in the same vein as Super Mario Land 2 by toruzz.
The one we have now works, but has a lot of coloring bugs and also the title screen is just bland lol
It's not that long of a game, and most level assets are reused, so this one shouldn't take THAT long (at least I hope so xD)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: October 03, 2018, 11:35:21 am »
Does KSSU include the level that was cut from the SNES version? I forget which one, but I recall one was cut. The island level?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: October 03, 2018, 12:03:29 pm »
Does KSSU include the level that was cut from the SNES version? I forget which one, but I recall one was cut. The island level?
The one which turns into a side scrolling shooting mini game for the Boss?
Yeah it does include it, you can check it out here:
https://youtu.be/bsZ1msXl5hc?t=16m52s

But it's not found in the original Spring Breeze, instead it's in the new mode called Revenge of the King, which is some sort of hard mode for Spring breeze, and they reintroduced Kabula (the boss with the side scrolling shooting gimmick) for that mode alone.
That's one thing where Ultra improved over SNES Super Star :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:08:33 pm by ShadowOne333 »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: October 03, 2018, 04:11:16 pm »
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES): Give Luigi his own set of sprites:

I'd love to see this done!

I would like to see a hack for the arcade & console ports of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 that will add Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat Trilogy to the main roster by adding him next to Sub-Zero and make Classic Sub-Zero a hidden character.

I would like everything possible from Trilogy ADDED into UMK3 arcade without removing anything. In fact, add Classic Sub-Zero's extra Fatality.

I'd also love to see those colorization hacks done too!

Q

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Meow, busy hackers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: October 03, 2018, 04:30:37 pm »
Here's a project I tried to complete but don't currently have the skills to accomplish: a translation of the Japanese version of Turtles in Time (SNES). I know the English-language version is just fine, but the Japanese version is actually better in two ways: it has extra dialogue from the bosses (it displays after you defeat them) and there's a stage select code.

There isn't much text—but unfortunately, the game's font is compressed. If the font wasn't compressed, I'd love to do the project myself, but I have no idea how to extract or insert compressed graphics. If anyone can get an English font in to the game, I'd love to insert the script or at least offer some assistance. I have screenshots of every line of dialogue and save states shortly before each line of dialogue which might be helpful to anyone who wants to work on the game.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:41:48 pm by Q »
Sneko, the Super Nintendo Entertainment Kitty, wishes you luck.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: October 03, 2018, 05:59:29 pm »
could someone please fix the parallel worlds link to the past hack?

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/

oops, dead end room: https://imgur.com/a/OOqlOHe

shop or another dead end room that can't be escaped? https://imgur.com/a/HBOE3i7

that cave and all of the village houses are broken and lead to inescapable rooms like that.

the rom i'm using is Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!].

yetisyny

• yetisyny a.k.a. General Public
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: October 03, 2018, 08:58:46 pm »
- Sword of Mana (GBA)
I great idea for a hack would to be to circumvent the Amigos System in Sword of Mana on Gameboy Advance so you can complete all the quests in the game. As is, you cannot complete quest 41 as it requires showing an Chekov a summon card only acquirable via registering friend to your game. Perhaps even a hack that marks the quest completed.

I managed to circumvent that that system in Sword of Mana on Game Boy Advance not using ROM hacks but by using cheat codes to obtain everything in the game including the summon card in question. I will just offer advice on what to do to get the summon cards, I cheated for plenty of other things in the game but since that is all you are interested in I will limit things to that.

First you need to turn on a GameShark “Master Code”, for the code giving you all cards to work:

9635298FE5AE
AED3324A4E11
9B1A965409FD

Next, here is the actual GameShark code that gives you all cards in the game:

B10396444D7E
2D50D6581661
CCD1E8D83740
9CE7A5646C71
CCD1E4C8E760

Put all those codes in your emulator and you will have all the cards. Then just show each of the 7 summon cards to Chekov and you can REALLY complete quest 41 (he only needs to see one to “clear” the quest but he will keep going for all 7).

Source: http://www.neoseeker.com/seiken-densetsu/gameshark/gba/

Another much more tedious method that can be done in emulators is basically described here: https://mana.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Wisdoms That describes how to do it using two Game Boy Advance systems connected with a link cable. But it can also be done with an emulator able to emulate two GBAs running at once that are connected by a link cable. mGBA, NO$GBA, VBA-M, and VBALink can all do that. VBALink is slightly more advanced in the linking emulation because it can emulate a link cable over a network, while the others can only do it on the same computer. I think VBALink might also support emulation of the GBA wireless adapter but I am not sure. Anyway since Sword of Mana just uses the link cable and not wireless card for GBA, there is much better support for it in emulators if you want to use the long, tedious method. A method that does not involve any cheating or hacks at all, but is annoyingly time-consuming to get up to 100 Amigos in order to get all the summon cards.

Yeah so, I prefer just using cheat codes. Much easier! Anyway I am just giving you these workarounds because although it would be nice to have a workaround to the Amigos system via a ROM hack, you can immediately use either of these solutions (cheat codes or emulating a link cable). One of which is easy and gives you all of the summon cards immediately, the other of which is annoying and takes too long. Still if you refuse to cheat and want to do everything 100% legitimately you can try the more tedious method I outlined. I think that is silly though, much better to just put in the cheat codes, get all your summon cards, and be done with it.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: October 03, 2018, 11:00:27 pm »
I'd love to see this done!

I would like everything possible from Trilogy ADDED into UMK3 arcade without removing anything. In fact, add Classic Sub-Zero's extra Fatality.

I'd also love to see those colorization hacks done too!

My wild guesses goes to modify the unused content in SMB3 to put Luigi sprites. As for UMK3, it can be done in the 16-Bit console versions, if we expand the rom size to 8 Megabit. Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy is proof of that.

UMKT would be more perfect if we reduce the roster to the PSX/Saturn/Win/DOS version. And reduce the atrocious AI and those unneccesary added Fatalities...

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: October 04, 2018, 12:08:04 pm »
One idea for anyone who wants to make it their personal project, for those of us who know of this but Saga Frontier is considered notoriously unfinished and according the Cutting Room Floor there has been a Japanese group who have attempted to piece the game back together again on whatever was left unused.

if you're a SaGa fan you could try to give it a shot.

dartcron

• View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: October 05, 2018, 01:58:05 am »

- Rolan's Curse 1 and 2 (GB)
- Final Fantasy Legend/Saga 1- 3 (GB)
- Sword of Hope 1 and 2 (GB)

- Sword of Mana (GBA)

I would like to second this notion please!
and just for an idea for a game hack.
I have this dream of a Super Mario World hack that would feature 4 players, instead of the 2. and How it would work is that mario and luigi (player 1 and 2) would play levels together while Wario and waluigi would play levels together. and prehaps the objective being some sort of race to the goal on the middle of the map. Its just a pipe dream i guess.
I would definitely prefer a colorization of final fantasy legend II.

Animation Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: October 07, 2018, 03:39:30 am »
Ninja Jajamaru: Ginga Daisakusen - Pause Doesn't Work!  FIX IT!

So there's a rather irritating problem with the Japanese version of Ninja Jajamaru: Ginga Daisakusen.  The pause button don't work!  It only pauses the game while you hold down start, and it's the same problem with the HTI English translation as well.

Pause is fixed in the Squashed prototype rom, but I'd also like to see it work in the Japanese version and the HTI translation as well.  Can anyone figure it out?

dACE

• View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: October 07, 2018, 08:13:41 am »
Ninja Jajamaru: Ginga Daisakusen - Pause Doesn't Work!  FIX IT!

I don’t know....

...maybe if the font had been a little bit bigger and perhaps a couple of extra exclamation-points at the end..?

/dACE

Saum22

• View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: October 07, 2018, 10:41:06 am »
How about someone making a punch out room where glass Joe takes, like 100 hits to take down, and he's faster, and the rest are much faster as well with 2 bounus health for everyone