News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 950632 times)

Butterhands

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4500 on: December 22, 2017, 07:29:15 pm »
Nintendo 64 Cruis'n USA - restore the animals:

A friend found the censored GIB collision, but the meat chunks are removed, the 3D models are missing, but him used another models to test the collision routine:

This actually is the censored routine. Now is necessary add the missing models (with the textures) that are two, 1 type for the deer and another one for the cow.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #4501 on: December 22, 2017, 08:22:31 pm »
we could also have a double xp / gil optional patch for all the folks who hate grinding

You haven't been reading my thread, have you? ;)
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25345.0

I agree that FF2 is a pain in the ass with the levelling system, so I did something to try and remedy it in my thread, though I'm going to go back to it until I'm ready to submit it to the site.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: December 22, 2017, 11:33:52 pm »
A sound restoration hack for all four Super Mario Advance games, especially SMA2, which suffered the worst when porting the music (restoring the fading transitions to SMA1 would be a nice touch, too). In the case of SMA4, restrict the music to only use the original SMAS instruments as much as possible, including the new music.[/li][/list]
I have a dumb idea.  Which would sound better using the GBA's sound system: NES or SNES?  Both are available to half the advance series.

DrDimension

• View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: December 23, 2017, 01:04:14 am »
Here's a couple ideas long past due -

'Corner 3' fix in Double Dribble.

Translation fixes for NES Metal Gear (the very first line in the game is butchered!)

Mayorofunkytown

• View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: December 23, 2017, 02:38:58 am »
How would one start going about hacking a game like Gauntlet/Gauntlet 2?

I'd like to replace them with Pokemon characters, im decent at pixel art but have no clue where to start romhacking! I've always wanted a Pokemon Gauntlet clone, and Rumble is okay but this would be BALLIN'

If you haven't figured this out yet you could start with a sprite editor program like yy-chr.net Load that up open up Gauntlet and you'll have to change your pattern setting to x8 then have at it.

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: December 23, 2017, 06:48:48 am »
You haven't been reading my thread, have you? ;)
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25345.0

I agree that FF2 is a pain in the ass with the levelling system, so I did something to try and remedy it in my thread, though I'm going to go back to it until I'm ready to submit it to the site.

Psyklax--I actually have been reading your thread and since your concept is so popular I threw that in as a concession. For me, nothing is more satisfying than old school grinding. It's like taking a nice long ride in the car to a destination as opposed to just flying there.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: December 23, 2017, 10:01:49 am »

Any idea of how to improve this pirate port of Neo-Geo AES Samurai Spirit II for mega drive ...?, graphically impresses, but you have to improve it a bit in gameplay

- I would remove completely Heishiro from Soul Edge
- correct colors of some characters
- improve playability to better

any ideas.......

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: December 23, 2017, 10:46:05 pm »
Other things this pirate game needs is someone to fix up the graphics, the music, the sound effects, the CPU and all the colors to make them more arcade like.

Including try and add all the missing characters back to the game as well.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:45:12 am by SCD »

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: December 24, 2017, 02:54:13 pm »
On the Panic in Nakayoshi Land SNES game, I want the main characters replaced by other characters from their own respective franchises, or at least the other Inner Senshi replacing Sailor Moon and the other 3 with the victims being either the Outers or the civilians from Sailor Moon like Naru/Molly for example. And while at it, change the story to being something Sailor Moon related. At least that's what I'd like to see

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: December 24, 2017, 03:33:06 pm »
This should be simple, but unfortunately I lack knowledge and resources to do so:
Replace Mega Man ZX Advent cutscenes and voice clips with Rockman ZX Advent (and adding subs to the AMVs)

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: December 24, 2017, 06:49:32 pm »
It is not simple -- I remember playing the Japanese version not long after it came out, returned for the NA one and saw the changes. It would be easier to backport the script to the Japanese version, as indeed someone set out to do at one point and got somewhere. I stopped following it though and it presumably never went to completion.

I was not good enough at the time to look into it and see what had been changed at code level but I would not be surprised to see some of the necessary stuff for decoding stripped from the NA version (and if Japanese library licensing is what it is other times I have looked then it might even have been that).

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: December 25, 2017, 01:04:03 am »

Any idea of how to improve this pirate port of Neo-Geo AES Samurai Spirit II for mega drive ...?, graphically impresses, but you have to improve it a bit in gameplay

- I would remove completely Heishiro from Soul Edge
- correct colors of some characters
- improve playability to better

any ideas.......

Ah yeah, fix that Cham-cham Portrait.
Use the tiles from the American version: "DUEL 1" "BEGIN" "KO" "DIE" The "V" sign for each round. every name.
Replace Heishiro Mitsurugi with Mizuki. and put Mizuki on the final of every character, since it's broken.

As for the palettes, the secondary colors are always stuck for Player 2.

I want to do the same with X-Men vs. Street Fighter for SNES, as well retouching the colors, and fixing the beam/hadouken tiles for Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter for SNES. Give Charlie the Shadow colors.

Butterhands

• View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: December 25, 2017, 08:03:05 am »
No one interested to restore the censored GIB in Nintendo 64 Cruis'n USA using the leftovers? :D

This actually is the censored routine. Now is necessary add the missing models (with the textures) that are two, 1 type for the deer and another one for the cow.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: December 25, 2017, 12:43:31 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2UwibQVaA
applied everything to Sonic 2 Mania would be big hack for genesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyhkJEasqGc
Sonic 2 Long Version Hack ( Hidden Palace Zone ) 1-2 Act

Sonic 2 - Mania Edition Hack ;)

- apply mania version of new sprites of sonis & miles "tails"
- include new intro as the sonic project 1 mania edition incomplete
- Include the 1-2 Act of the "new" hidden palace zone to Sonic 2 Long Version Hack
- apply minor changes of mania type sprite improvements
- apply face of sonic lives, counter rings, time type mania hud
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:49:07 pm by cartridge_rom »

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: December 25, 2017, 03:05:22 pm »
If possible, I'd like to see Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC) hacked to remove its dependancy on the Gba link function, lame ass checks aside, standard GC controllers seem to work fine, something just needs to be done about the extra menus and the aforementioned controller checks.
Sleepy's Album of the week|| High Pulp - Bad Juice|| https://youtu.be/6V-BtwkGoaY

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: December 25, 2017, 05:45:42 pm »
Again on the ZX subject, here's a thing that bothers me in the first ZX... Well, two things.
First is how Overdrive drains over time. It's specially jarring due to how you can simply turn overdrive on, use an attack, turn overdrive off, all to save energy. So my idea: Overdrive doesn't drain over time, but instead by using attacks while it is on.

Second: It would be nice if charged attacks had their OD usage halved. Specially since they ARE puzzle solving elements too.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: December 25, 2017, 09:28:55 pm »
I have a dumb idea.  Which would sound better using the GBA's sound system: NES or SNES?  Both are available to half the advance series.
SNES, since that's the source they ported them from.
Also, I'm fairly sure the GBA can handle SNES -quality OSTs as Bregalad has shown in all his restorations

Me_Dave

• Romhacking Psychoanalyst
    • View Profile
    • Kid Klown's KrazyNES
« Reply #4517 on: December 25, 2017, 10:15:44 pm »
I get ideas all the time but I usually have a Hack or Two on the Back Burner awaiting me to finish them, and I'm just too busy to get to everything. Anyway I was looking at the US Released Rygar cartridge and then I looked at the Japanese "Argos no Senshi: Hachamecha Daishingeki" Cartridge and noticed it showed the Main Character Holding a Shield that kind of resembles Captain America's Shield so thought a Hack of Rygar Staring Captain America, would be really cool, but like I said I have no time..

There you go..

Kid Klown's KrazyNES
They saw what the 600 Member's can do, lets show them what the 54,000 can do.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: December 25, 2017, 11:53:49 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2UwibQVaA
applied everything to Sonic 2 Mania would be big hack for genesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyhkJEasqGc
Sonic 2 Long Version Hack ( Hidden Palace Zone ) 1-2 Act

Sonic 2 - Mania Edition Hack ;)

- apply Mania version of new sprites of Sonic & Miles "Tails" Prower

- include new intro as the Sonic project 1 Mania edition incomplete
- Include the 1-2 Act of the "new" hidden palace zone to Sonic 2 Long Version Hack
- apply minor changes of Mania type sprite improvements
- apply face of Sonic lives, counter rings, time type Mania HUD

That's a cool idea, I like it. For the Hidden Palace Zone, I would like to see someone make it more like the one from the iPhone port.

win3x

• View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: December 26, 2017, 02:51:00 pm »
With Super Mario Land 2 DX being so impressive, it's natural to consider other GB titles which could benefit from this treatment.  Final Fantasy Adventure / Seiken Densetsu DX, anyone?  Although I think a great deal of the original games charm and atmosphere comes from its grayscale graphics, a colorized game with cut content added back in, and maybe a bonus area would be cool to see.