News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2417851 times)

Kallisto

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3700 on: March 24, 2017, 10:34:00 pm »
WELL..somebody is remaking Link's Awakening in OOT style! I didn't see that coming! O_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70BmyiYxy2c

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: March 25, 2017, 08:19:23 am »
Hey, I have a hacking request:

Have you heard of Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 1? If not then: http://rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/SF/C/pc.html

I'm pleased to say that it IS arcade perfect, as it's just an emulator with encrypted ROMs. Unfortunately, as the compilation was designed for Windows 98/XP, the sound WILL NOT work on ANY Windows after XP. I've tried to get it to work, but it won't.

So I have two options now:
a. Install Windows XP under VirtualBox and play the compilation under that environment...
b. Have you guys find a way to decrypt the ROMs and make them usable in Final Burn Alpha or MAME...

I'd only do a if I have absolutely no other choice, so let's try b.
PM me if you're up to trying to decrypt the ROMs and I'll send you the compilation as an ISO...

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:34 pm »
Well this idea is a bit more different than the usual, but the good ol' modders at BeamDog, and Spellhold Studios could use some help figuring out some issues concerning the Worldmap for Baldur's Gate for modding purposes, I forgot what exactly what those issues were, but it had to do something with the new coding concerning the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate.

There is also the case of somehow accessing the game more to fix some lingering bugs since the next patch for Baldur's Gate will not be around for a long time. If anyone here has the skills then you can check out what is up over at Spellhold or Gibberlings3.

Helping with some old mods would be welcomed as well since there is always bugs to fix.

johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: March 25, 2017, 07:40:41 pm »
Super Asgore Bros 3

https://hearthis.at/ezrius/super-asgore-bros-3/

Basically that tune as the main theme in of course NSF format with Asgore replacing Mario, Toriel replacing Peach, Chara replacing Bowser, All levels will have Undertale-like locations. Meh I dunno.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: March 26, 2017, 10:48:53 am »
*Retracted*

Sorry for the odd post, I messaged the author to see whether or not if it is a problem on my end.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:00:36 am by Kallisto »

jordiway73

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: March 26, 2017, 11:45:42 am »
Bandit Kings of Ancient China (NES)

Revert the heroes name back to its original name instead of nicknames (For example: Nine Dragons should be Shi Jin).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ich8zegpi68dxmw/Bandit+Kings+of+Ancient+China+%28U%29+%5B%21p%5D.ips

Here it is patch it with, Bandit Kings of Ancient China (U) [!p]  Let me know if you find any mistakes

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: March 26, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »
I wish there was someone working in the translation of "All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2", for both NDS and PSP. It's a great Beat-em Up that even got its own Wikia, so translating the most important bits (Missions, Rider Names, Shop, Rider Skills) wouldn't be so hard thanks to that wikia. Of course, Voices would be a different story, but that could be saved for later.

In short, a release order would be:
1st - A release that translates Missions and Rider Names. Because one needs the other in a certain way (there are missions that requires you to beat with specific Rider, either as main, partner or both. Likewise, knowing Rider Names but not the Mission objective would be pointless.)

2nd - Shop and Rider Skills are translated, at this point a Stage and Menu translation could happen too.

3rd - Plot Translation, which includes special dialogs you get from taking specific Riders to fight a boss (For example: W against Eternal, Ryuki against Ouja).

4th and final - At this point, it would be fixing any bug in previous versions and performing voice acting. At this point, I could possibly be of use for some Belt Voice and Announcer.

Talleyrand1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: March 26, 2017, 05:36:07 pm »
Hey guys! New comer here.
I was looking for a SMB3 rom that would let you replay completed level (as in SMW for example). I saw a lot of elaborate rom hacks that completely change the game AND allows you to replay past levels, but never one which would simply take the original levels and just add a replay feature to it. Do you know where I could find this?

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: March 27, 2017, 12:46:23 pm »
With this title hack "Rockman to Megaman"

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2742/

It would be great if someone makes the Megaman logos for NES in the Japanese Style.

I found a MM5, but the MM4 one didn't convinced me. It has an awful sign before the intro.
Just, modify the logos and the year of the logo hack. Don't touch anything else.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #3709 on: March 27, 2017, 01:19:45 pm »
Hey guys! New comer here.
I was looking for a SMB3 rom that would let you replay completed level (as in SMW for example). I saw a lot of elaborate rom hacks that completely change the game AND allows you to replay past levels, but never one which would simply take the original levels and just add a replay feature to it. Do you know where I could find this?
I was thinking about this the other day. Such a hack should allow you to travel back to past worlds too, and preferably have a save.

edit:changing ROM address 0x14ED9 to A900EA it will let you enter any level, but this will let you enter empty paths too (where you would fight hammer bros) and that is bad because it will be empty and you will be trapped.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:04:31 pm by nesrocks »

Talleyrand1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: March 27, 2017, 03:36:42 pm »
I was thinking about this the other day. Such a hack should allow you to travel back to past worlds too, and preferably have a save.

edit:changing ROM address 0x14ED9 to A900EA it will let you enter any level, but this will let you enter empty paths too (where you would fight hammer bros) and that is bad because it will be empty and you will be trapped.

Why was it never done before? Is there some limitation to the game that forbid you to? (I know literally NOTHING about coding!)

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: March 27, 2017, 05:18:16 pm »
Also, some one add this, to Wily Wars for SEGA.

A resized Protoman. (Also the Sniper Joes...) This is from a page that wants to expand WW to 1-10. I wish him good luck on that.
If he remakes MM4-6 I'd be happy.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #3712 on: March 27, 2017, 07:59:01 pm »
Why was it never done before? Is there some limitation to the game that forbid you to? (I know literally NOTHING about coding!)
I'm sure it is quite simple to do (allow reentering levels). It hasn't been done yet because of lack of interest or nobody thought of it.
Of course, there's infidelity's save hack which is the hard part. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2886/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:36:17 pm by nesrocks »

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: March 27, 2017, 08:10:57 pm »
Make Guadia Quest 2 on one of the Dragon Warrior games. The two Retro Game Challenge games (DS) only have the first and third game.

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: March 28, 2017, 12:12:13 pm »
I would like to se hack of Magic Sword to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe for SNES or PS2.

Also do we have SMB 1 that have movements like in SMB 3 so you can move back to screen, if not is it possible to make that change?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:18:57 pm by TonyBiH »

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: March 28, 2017, 12:51:09 pm »
Question..is that Megaman spritesheet from Sprites.inc? Because I could have sworn I saw that over there.

Ness

• View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: March 28, 2017, 01:03:42 pm »
Also, some one add this, to Wily Wars for SEGA.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bvgk9ieuuh0l9kr/WilyWarsCharacters.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/omlf23xe18mcdsq/ProtomanTiles00.bmp

A resized Protoman. (Also the Sniper Joes...) This is from a page that wants to expand WW to 1-10. I wish him good luck on that.
If he remakes MM4-6 I'd be happy.

Protoman's cannon's on the wrong hand.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: March 28, 2017, 03:08:11 pm »
Protoman's cannon's on the wrong hand.

I know, this is from a fangame using WW as a base. Besides the only times Protoman shoots is while jumping.

The author of these sprites wanted to balance all the selectable chars. That's why also the Shield is missing.

That SMOL Protoman always bugged me.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: March 28, 2017, 07:17:53 pm »
I know what you mean. They could give all of the Robot Masters new larger sprites but not Proto Man? It's just weird.

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: March 28, 2017, 07:43:41 pm »
but this will let you enter empty paths too (where you would fight hammer bros) and that is bad because it will be empty and you will be trapped.

Copy Super Mario World feature? Pause game -> Select -> Exit stage (if completed or empty). Maybe harder than it sounds though.