News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2417864 times)

RealGaea

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3680 on: March 21, 2017, 11:54:28 am »
With this patch released:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2915/

Why don't make a similar patch to the PS3 version of "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven"? It would be awesome, and if they want, release a optional translation, with the original musical references. :D

I prefer the localized ones, though.  ;D

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 21, 2017, 08:51:53 pm »
I was thinking something fun: a romhack of Pokemon that replaces the mons with demons from SMT/Persona, but with a few extra functions:

1. You don't capture them. Instead, when you defeat a Stray Persona it has a random chance of the Persona wanting to join you, or to drop an item and will always drop Yen

2. Igor or Philemon replaces the Professor, the other one that wasn't used becomes the Champion at E4. Members of Elite 4 are Elizabeth, Theodore and Margaret. As for Gym Leaders, the cast of playable characters (with Labrys and Marie being extra challengers you could go and find in their special Dungeon).

3. Each "Town" and "Gym" would be replaced by a dungeon, the "Town" being the entrance to the dungeon and a sort of Hub, while the "Gym" would be the Dungeon itself.

4. As for the "Criminal Faction", I was thinking it would be the Shadows, with Izanami as their leaders. Their role in it is to "Ensure every piece stays in their place for the great ritual"

Spoiler:
The Great Ritual - Izanami intends to merge the real and the TV world, by shattering the boundaries between both worlds, one located in Mt Fuji, and the other located somewhere in the Backside of the TV... Wherever it is, it is up to you to find and stop the ritual, but the pieces (effigies) are already secured by each Hero, it's just that they can't do anything to it until the main seal is destroyed.

5. The rival would be Tohru Adachi, claiming he is in this "game" to make Izanami's ritual succeed, but in truth he would be siding with the heroes, visiting them to warn about the risks of breaking the pieces before the time is right. His attacking you is just his way of testing your worth as the "new hero".

6. The "Arcana Card" replaces badges, and functionally it acts as an unlocker for the Ultimate Persona of each Arcana.

7. If there are far too many MCs, then every Gym Leader Battle is a Team Battle with the characters of P3 and P4 of matching Arcana or role.

8. You would play as a character specifically made for this, of course. The player would always be mistaken for a Shadow because of their eyes... Well, it wouldn't be too far off, the player would be a Shadow in pursuit of his/her true self. End goal would be to meet their true self.

Spoiler:
Their true self being dead or alive by the end would depend on some decisions made through the game. Perhaps there could be an alignment system, where your answers to other characters would sway it to Shadow (Chaos) or God (Law), but you can try keeping it in Human (Neutral). Of course, there would be temptation: giving lawful answers would make people think you are actually a God in disguise and go a little easy on you; likewise giving chaotic answers would make them harder and double the reward.

Be a Shadow and your True Self dies, but you won't care, because you are nobody's Shadow anymore! Be a God and you will relinquish your True Self, even when you could have saved that person you once wanted to be. Be Human and you will sacrifice your existence to bring your True Self back, allowing him/her to continue living on and going into post-endgame content.

9. The Personas would evolve to the next form in their arcana, and every level would have a chance of a random skill being given.

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 21, 2017, 10:44:59 pm »
That sounds like an awesome idea, I'm always up for Shin Megami stuff, just recently I've been thinking of a SMT X Mother combo.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: March 22, 2017, 01:17:40 am »
You know? Ocarina of Time always felt pretty barren in certain places, and not much to do...so here is a few ideas to spice things up:

1) The Lost Woods really didn't feel like I was lost, and it would be nice to see a extended maze with a new sub boss to make it interesting.

2) The Gerudo Valley Waterfalls is interesting on paper, but clearly more could be done with it, I'm thinking a few extra areas to explore with new stuff to find.

3) The Hyrule Fields greatly suffers, and it could use a mini dungeon or two, and rework the fields a bit like adding extra trees, and other environmental objects.

4) Lake Hylia is pretty mysterious, and it would be awesome to have a underwater cave.

5) The Gerudo Desert could have a mini ruins dungeon to explore.

6) New Enemies (maybe some can be ported from Majora's Mask? How about making a custom Keese that can shoot laser beams or a Wolfos that has black fur & red eyes as to make him a new sub boss).

I have other ideas, but those are just a few of them.

Since the original version would be restrictive, I'm thinking the gamecube version should be used as the base instead of the original (If Skies of Arcadia can be changed around then this should be possible for OOT as well).

Since there is going to be new content...what about rewards to make it worthwhile?:

1) Purple Tunic - Faster Running
2) Black Tunic - Create Shadow Double, but drains magic quickly
3) White Tunic - Flying (this is for people who want to see what everything looks like out-of-bounds)
4) Master Sword Upgrade - Create Light Waves just like in the classic Zelda games.
5) Epona gets Horse Armor

Maybe other reward ideas?

Personally this should be possible considering I've seen people edit OOT with all sorts of neat things.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: March 22, 2017, 03:26:19 am »
That's a awesome idea, I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the enemies and minibosses from Majora's Mask added to this game and replace the Hyrule Field music track with the Termina Field music track as well.

I would like to see a hack for Mischief Makers for the Nintendo 64 that replaces all the English tracks with the Japanese voice tracks.

I also would like to see a hack for Mega Man V for the Game Boy that would change Sunstar's name back to Sungod, change the weapon tank to make it look more like the one from Mega Man 9 & 10 and restore the missing ending dialog as well: http://legendsoflocalization.com/mega-man-vs-ending-was-a-bit-different-in-japanese/

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: March 22, 2017, 03:26:51 am »
That sounds mostly cool. Some new content based on things that appear in later Zelda games might be a good start for new locations.
I like the idea of a running tunic and sword beams, but the others are a bit to "hacky".

I second the "Termina Field" song.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: March 22, 2017, 03:39:16 am »
I second the "Termina Field" song.

Thanks for liking my Termina Field song idea, I also wouldn't mind seeing this as a standalone hack as well.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 04:32:03 am by SCD »

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 22, 2017, 05:48:21 pm »
What about making opposite thing from Persona to Pokemon game for PlayStation. I would like to see that. There is Digimon for PSX and never Pokemon.  :-\

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: March 22, 2017, 10:09:04 pm »
One other thing I should have added would be a expanded Crystal Cave underneath the Kakariko Village, that cave was completely unique throughout the whole game.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 23, 2017, 12:26:39 am »
One other thing I should have added would be a expanded Crystal Cave underneath the Kakariko Village, that cave was completely unique throughout the whole game.
Crystal Cave?
Man, Kakariko has enough shit with Bongo Bongo being trapped at the Bottom of the Well to get even another subdungeon.
Don't you mean the cave under Zora's Domain?

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: March 23, 2017, 03:01:47 am »
Crystal Cave?
Man, Kakariko has enough shit with Bongo Bongo being trapped at the Bottom of the Well to get even another subdungeon.
Don't you mean the cave under Zora's Domain?

OH SHIT! I must be thinking of a different cave! The cave in Kakariko Village was a unique Aquatic Cave! I think the Crystal Cave was elsewhere! Damn..I don't remember where it was now..I do remember it being shiny secret cave.

On another note to avoid double posting I have a question as to why there is nay sayers that putting FFVI-Advance content into FFVI SNES is impossible due to limitations? Because if that is impossible then why the hell does that Japanese romhack T-Edition exist that is packed to the brim with content? Something is not adding up here far as I can tell. You know combine that with a MSU+FMV patch then that would be the best FFVI Improvement romhack around. Everybody thought FMV+MSU couldn't be done, and I refuse to believe that can't be done as well.

If anyone can contact Tsushiy, and his team that created T-Edition, I like to send a suggestion if they can figure how to transfer or re-create content from FFVI-Advance, they must know what they're doing if T-Edition was actually possible.  Far as I can tell it looks like they're still active, but I can't navigate their Japanese site too well.

If anyone can do it Tsushiy & friends can probably nail it, I'm almost positive they're using tools that is not publicly available since what they have done has never been done before on that scale of expansion.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:30:59 am by Kallisto »

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: March 23, 2017, 03:59:19 pm »
You might be thinking of the Ice Cave behind Zora's Fountain, specifically it's one shiny crystal room where you fight White Wolfos, though combining the concept of that with the aquatic secret cave under Kakariko might not be a bad idea.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: March 23, 2017, 05:15:22 pm »
I'm still at loss here.
What aquatic cave?

There's only the Ice Cavern, which is a subdungeon before the Water Temple to get the Iron Boots:

And the unused cave-like entrance under a pillar in Zora's Domain as seen here:

There is no place in Kakariko Village that I can think of with an "Aquatic cave".
The only place is the Sun song mini-dungeon and the Bottom of the Well in Kakariko, there is nothing more, nor even a pond of water outside of the well.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: March 23, 2017, 05:45:23 pm »
Stone of Agony, ain't no other way to identify it except by luck, you need to bomb the ground somewhere between the well and the tree for it to open up.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: March 23, 2017, 07:36:02 pm »
CRYSTAL CAVE! It was in the LOST WOODS! -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Gh3NiD8to

Also yes there is a secret cave in Kakariko that is somewhat aquatic -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7PzNkkBxfo

I have not played the game in so long I've forgotten where was what when it came to secret holes.

Sorry for the confusion, but yeah I always thought these caves were pretty cool, but it was so anti-climatic.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:46:44 pm by Kallisto »

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: March 23, 2017, 08:04:47 pm »
CRYSTAL CAVE! It was in the LOST WOODS! -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Gh3NiD8to

Also yes there is a secret cave in Kakariko that is somewhat aquatic -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7PzNkkBxfo

I have not played the game in so long I've forgotten where was what when it came to secret holes.

Sorry for the confusion, but yeah I always thought these caves were pretty cool, but it was so anti-climatic.
Oh the one at the entrance of the Sacred Forest Meadow where you fight the Wolfos to go to Saria's.
Way off but I see it now :P

Zoinkity

• View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: March 23, 2017, 11:16:18 pm »
In reply to the thing about the sound channels in Super Mario 64, I went and dumped some of the initial audio from each version of the game--including the 64DD version--from console.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bakvstnyd44mpim/Mario64soundout_console.7z?dl=0

The sound data itself isn't significantly different in any way, which makes sense since the samples are identical.
If you compare the 64DD version to Japan v1.0 (or any other really), the big difference is in the volume.  They blare all sound at max volume all the time, regardless.  A dB graph looks pretty much like a straight line.  It's a bug, not a feature ;*)
You'll also notice that it will gradually desync from console versions.  The 64DD can't stream in music from the disk the way you can from a cart, so they have to load all the audio files they intend to use completely before they start.  The desyncs are caused by the small delays when the PI loads new audio in on cart and they send the next audio list to the AI.  Likewise, PAL will run its audio at a slower rate due to a slower clock.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: March 24, 2017, 03:14:09 am »
Alright, I didn't know that. Now I'm wondering why everyone is saying the 64DD music is better?

Maybe a good idea for new places to explore in Ocarina of Time, how about changing the Ice Cavern to the Ice Temple and add a new section in the Lost Woods where it would lead you to the Deepwood Shrine and both dungeons have the new enemies and minibosses from Majora's Mask and give the Deepwood Shrine the cave music from Majora's Mask and add a exclusive item that would make Link run faster in it as well.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: March 24, 2017, 04:31:50 am »
That is actually an awesome idea, I like the idea of turning the Ice Cavern into the Ice Temple.  Maybe even connect to the mysterious forest near the Ice Cavern? Luckily some resources from Majora's Mask has Snow terrain, and effects, so this would work out. Possibly some stuff can be recycled from Snowhead temple, and likewise for the Swamp terrain, and Deepwood shrine graphical sets as well.

There was a person out there that was going to do ALL OF THIS (he even made a place called Palace of the Marsh), but he canned the project because of certain reasons out of his control, but wait a minute...If anyone could ask Aero if his work can be picked up then someone should contact him, and see if he is willing to let someone finish it up:

Here is a link to his Ice Temple already setup for use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A605NL-3Ktg

I would hate to see this project be abandoned like this since that is way too much work for it to just go to waste, some people on his youtube channel are pretty much asking the same thing, and hope somebody can finish this off.  This project died twice already, it was once called URA Zelda Project, and well shitty drama happened, and then Aero re-created some of the work, and continued with the abandoned project, but now it has been abandoned again. 

Whatever this project had in mind for the Ice Temple is pretty much canned, but maybe that Ice Temple he re-created from the original URA project can be inserted into the Cavern. Also yes I'm being way too passionate about this, but it boggles my mind when a Modder throws his stuff away, and didn't even ask if someone can finish it.

Well anyway if Aero says no then everything will just have to be done by scratch again for the concept to come alive in a different form.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:01:24 am by Kallisto »

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: March 24, 2017, 11:18:48 am »
Thanks for liking my Ice Temple idea, I did like what aeroblast was doing with his project before he abandoned it.

My idea for the Ice Temple is after you go through the cave entrance, it will lead you to a road you got to go through to get to the dungeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7EyxGV5BQ

The Ice Temple should be for Adult Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLs0RN6oyds

My idea for the Deepwood Shrine is you go through a new doorway in the Lost Woods and after you go through it, it will lead into a maze you got to go through to get to the dungeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17NAWEEaBMc

The Deepwood Shrine should be for Young Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfunsLoigDw