News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2417766 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3640 on: February 24, 2017, 06:12:19 pm »
So...

Is anyone interested in creating a Mega Man X3 MSU-1 patch with the FMV cutscenes? I know there's already an MSU-1 patch for the game, but that one just has the music. Chrono Trigger already has an MSU-1 patch, but a new one with the FMVs is in the works.
So basically it would be the equal of that MMX3 PS1 version with the MSU1 soundtrack, but in NTSC and on SNES.

IDK, I mean MMX3 had more problems with being in PAL than excessive loading.  And in that case, depending on who you ask there's no detriment there.  Now, if that were compatible with the Zero Project that would sound like enough reason to dive in.  But otherwise to me it's one big shrug.

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: February 25, 2017, 11:42:16 am »
Alright, so.  I have an idea for a Mega Man/Rockman 7 hack that should be simple enough to implement.  I call it "Rock Retrograde," though I might just call it "Retrograde," and I'd want it to do the following:
- Decrease the Charge Shot start-up time from 110 frames to 82 frames.
- Increase the post-damage invulnerability time from 60 frames to 87 frames.
- Increase the Charge Shot damage on (most) bosses from 2 to 3.
In case anyone saw this post last month and was like, "Sounds neat!" I just wanted to say that my hack is done and published, but it's called "Refit" now instead of "Retrograde."  It also went a fair bit beyond the scope of the original idea because I kept getting inspired.  Heh heh.

(This isn't meant to be a "release post" so much as something for the curious.  I promise!)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:42:19 pm by Joseph Lithius »

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: February 25, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »
I was reading up on the Megaman wiki about Wily that apparently Serge's dialogue was completely different, and hinted that he might have been Wily. The trend continued later in Mega Man X5 as well. I'm not entirely sure just how different the story script was originally besides that point, but it would be nice to see sometime down the road that someone can make a patch for MMX2 to restore the original story script in order to have the Mega Man X Series Story line to be more cleaned up.

I guess one can say the Uncut Version of Mega Man X2.   :laugh:

edit:
(looks like my topic got moved here..well I'm a bit embarrassed).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 10:39:07 pm by Kallisto »

aml435

• View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: February 26, 2017, 04:04:01 pm »
A couple I just thought of today while playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night:

A hack to reinstate the two Familiars that have been removed in the US version. I know there is an English patch for the Japanese game, but it'd be neat to play the American one with the content restored.

A hack to the shop in SotN that adds the ability to sell off your junk in your inventory or even just an option in the menu to drop/delete items from your inventory. It's a nuisance to have Rusty Swords and Cloth Robes taking up space in your inventory for the whole game.

The last one, which would be a huge longshot, would be adding a mode with Maria playable as a character ala the Saturn (or the Richter mode on PSX) and adding the couple new areas from the Saturn version to the PSX version.

NoOneee

• View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: February 26, 2017, 04:56:28 pm »
A hack to reinstate the two Familiars that have been removed in the US version. I know there is an English patch for the Japanese game, but it'd be neat to play the American one with the content restored.
The PSP remake has this.

The last one, which would be a huge longshot, would be adding a mode with Maria playable as a character ala the Saturn (or the Richter mode on PSX)
And this too (but Maria plays more like her Rondo of Blood version, which is different from the Saturn version).
The PSP version doesn't have the additional Saturn areas, but it has an additional boss fight.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: February 26, 2017, 05:33:50 pm »
Would it actually be possible to patch in the saturn areas in the PSP remake? I was wondered about that.

NoOneee

• View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: February 26, 2017, 06:09:30 pm »
Would it actually be possible to patch in the saturn areas in the PSP remake? I was wondered about that.
It should be possible (I mean, anything that can be done on the PSP hardware can be done with ASM hacks).
It may be very hard and time consuming though.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #3647 on: February 26, 2017, 07:34:21 pm »
So...

Is anyone interested in creating a Mega Man X3 MSU-1 patch with the FMV cutscenes? I know there's already an MSU-1 patch for the game, but that one just has the music. Chrono Trigger already has an MSU-1 patch, but a new one with the FMVs is in the works.

Won't you just end up with the PC version that way? Mega Man X3 was released natively for Windows in English with the FMVs.
I understand wanting to play it on an sd2snes :D

TheNewOrchestra

• View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:03 am »
Good morning/evening/night/whatever time of day to all of you.

I am TheNewOrchestra. Recently, me and a few friends had started a group to bring fake Tengoku ideas to at least some form of life. For example, we had an idea of a Remix 9.

But, unfortunately, that is not why I'm typing this out. No, the reason why I am typing this out, is because I have a suggestion.

Does anybody remember the arcade port of Tengoku? It had an Extra set where the game's first batch of minigames were, but at a higher tempo with more extreme music, updated visuals, faster gameplay, etc, etc. It is on a Naomi system, but I do hope that that doesn't prove to be a large challenge for any of you.

I would appreciate it if someone, anyone at all, were to help us with this project. This includes ripping sprites, music, etc. If you would like to help with this project, then please, friend me on Discord, and I will add you to my group chat where we can talk about ideas that we have, what we can do, Rhythm Heaven in general, etc.

Here is my Discord ID: TheNewOrchestra#2255. Please, anyone get back to me as soon as possible, I would love to hear a response from any of you. Thanks again.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: February 27, 2017, 09:22:08 pm »
In case anyone saw this post last month and was like, "Sounds neat!" I just wanted to say that my hack is done and published, but it's called "Refit" now instead of "Retrograde."  It also went a fair bit beyond the scope of the original idea because I kept getting inspired.  Heh heh.

(This isn't meant to be a "release post" so much as something for the curious.  I promise!)
Sounds neat! I'm going to try this soon! I'm very curious to see what else you changed, but I fear it's been so long since I played VII that I may overlook minor changes...

madness flame

• View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: February 28, 2017, 07:59:05 pm »
A level select for Super Mario Bros. on NES and for Super Mario Bros. 2 on FDS

I was playing the Super Mario Bros. 2 Japan (on Famicom Disk System), and i thought it would be amazing to have a level select to access any of the 52 world-level of the game. I know there is an NES hack version of this game that include this option (press B to select world 1 to D, and press A to select level 1 to 4), but that NES hack is not the original FDS game and it contain some glitches that makes me play on the FDS version. The only thing i miss from this NES hack is the level select option that was added.

It gave me the idea of having the same for Super Mario Bros. on NES (since the game is similar). I couldn't find a patch for it, the only thing i found is this hack http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1011/ that include a level select. Pressing B let you choose any of the 32 levels of the game. But i couldn't find the level select hack alone without all the other modifications of the hack.

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3651 on: March 01, 2017, 12:34:49 pm »
A River City Ransom hack where you fight zombies that took over the city, and the enemy animations they gnaw at you. :laugh:

Bonk

• View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: March 02, 2017, 04:26:33 am »
I've desperately want to use the Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken remixes back from the early 90s. It has some of best sounding remixed music that has that 80s feel to it (rightfully so as well as I think it is appropriate for DQ1-3 specifically)

Remixed DQ2 Battle Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWhq1-47jWY

Remixed DQ3 Final Battle Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhL1iRhgsCs

Just hearing how epic it sounds, and I just pray somebody patches those games up.

That's funny, i've never heard these versions. Because feels like I had a similar idea with the DQ2 battle theme with how they did the bass lines and the tempo increase.  That's great.

Shopow

• View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: March 02, 2017, 01:00:14 pm »
So there's this cool game called Shi Kong Xing Shou, otherwise known as Space-Time Star Beast, or Mythical Beasts of The Starry Sky. I was wondering if someone could make an english translation of this, or at least help me figure out how to do it. I have no experience rom hacking, but I could try.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: March 02, 2017, 03:57:18 pm »
So there's this cool game called Shi Kong Xing Shou, otherwise known as Space-Time Star Beast, or Mythical Beasts of The Starry Sky. I was wondering if someone could make an english translation of this, or at least help me figure out how to do it. I have no experience rom hacking, but I could try.
Almost thought you were talking about what is known as Brave Battle Saga: Legend of the Magic Warrior here.

Is Shi Kong Xing Shou one of those pirate carts akin to Pokemon?  Parts look like Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Shopow

• View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: March 02, 2017, 04:08:33 pm »
Its a game similar to pokemon, and it uses sprites from multiple other games. But it IS a really cool game, for a pirate.

MidiGuyDP

• View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: March 02, 2017, 06:18:14 pm »
Hiya all, I'm MidiGuyDP.

I recently registered here 'cause I wanted to ask if something like this was possible.

So basically, I wanna make ghost races in Mario Kart 64, where we can race multiple ghosts at a time.

I figured since you can race the staff ghost and your ghost at the same time, perhaps it could be possible.

Maybe if you can somehow grab the save data in a controller pak file, and load it into the game maybe, it could be done. I don't know the deeper details of how it could be done, but maybe if anyone has any interest in it, perhaps they could shed some light on the subject.

So, does anyone know if something like this would be possible?

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: March 03, 2017, 02:11:43 am »
A hack for Castlevania - Dracula X (SNES) with a normal Dracula Room to fight Dracula in. Removing the over kill of pit falls.  :thumbsup:

MagusLOGS

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3658 on: March 03, 2017, 09:00:52 am »
Suikoden (Saturn)

English Translation of the Saturn version would be awesome because it has more content than the PS1 version.
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/indepth/saturn.php

Azure Dreams (PlayStation)
  • Hard Type with penalty of losing Monsters once they die
  • Fixing the Item Duplicate Glitch
  • Adding more Rooms and Monsters

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: March 03, 2017, 10:06:36 am »
I'm still bashing away at Shindou M64 right now, so I'll toss this onto the To-Do pile as well,
But what exactly do you mean by "greater stereo separation though?" just making it sound like right and left are further apart?

It's something like that, I got the idea from watching a Hard4Games video where they were playing the 64DD version of it and they mentioned that version had better sounding music and sound effects because it had a greater stereo separation.

I think it's possible to tweak the ROM to make the music and sound effects sound more like the 64DD version.

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/N2fuUhLxGFg?t=4m10s

Sorry for not replying to your reply for a long time, I didn't see it till now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:19:13 am by SCD »