News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2412064 times)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3460 on: November 20, 2016, 06:58:08 pm »
So, there are some annoyances in "Boktai: The Sun is in your Hands!" that I have realized and think a good hacking could solve it:

1. The game is unfriendly for soloing 100%. Specially when it comes to Azure Sky Tower and the Wizard.
2. To resolve above: A hack that makes it so you get one different emblem each time you come across AST through and the Wizard Frame could be placed in a chest right at the entrance.
3. There is a random issue that kept happening to me with VBA-M, even with a clean ROM: The save data would randomly fail to load and be lost, as well as I'd often come across a "Failed to save settings", requiring me to boot up VBA CE to generate a save data that patches it. (had to rely on Save Stating to not lose my progress.
4. An addition of Lens EXP Counter would help a lot.
5. Change how Luna and Star lenses leveling works.
5.1. For Luna, it could be based on how many shots hits an enemy.
5.2. For Star, it could be based on how much you charge up to the Solar Bank.
6. Modify Delusion Forest's Shadow Puzzle to work with "Moonlight" too (but maybe invert directions and have Otenko mention how "you may have to flip your logic around, however")
7. Modify Kaamos punishment to simply disallow your entry into Sol City until you talk to Lita, who will tell you it's Kaamos and that she collected Solar Tree Dew for you to cure it.
8. Implement a Dark Boy Sabata mode through the use of the name Sabata, where you start off with the pieces for Gun Del Hel and the dark color palette. Of course, once you have beaten the game once.

MagusLOGS

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3461 on: November 21, 2016, 01:44:07 pm »
a Zombies Ate My Neighbors graphic hack with the Resident Evil cast, enemies and locations would be nice

cospefogo

• "Take this silver dagger to save your neck."
    • View Profile
    • Fliperamas
« Reply #3462 on: November 23, 2016, 10:23:10 am »
Hey guys!

Is there anybody out there able/interested in hacking Final Fight 3 on SNES,
removing Haggar's awful bermuda shorts? Why in the hell Capcom dressed him like that?
I think the graphics are compressed. I tried to find the sprites/tiles but I as not able to.

Regards,
Cospefogo.
"Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard.
If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: November 25, 2016, 02:00:59 pm »
So, you know Boktai and Megaman have this Crossover thing between 4, 5 and Starforce, right? So, why not take it a step further: a romhack of classic Megaman games where you play as Django and go after Immortals? Weapons could be replaced my combinations of Frames and Lenses based on Boktai 3, with the "Megabuster" being replaced by a Sword which has a short ranged "sonic wave" attack (think: about as long as a Quick Boomerang).

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: November 25, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »
Hey guys!

Is there anybody out there able/interested in hacking Final Fight 3 on SNES,
removing Haggar's awful bermuda shorts? Why in the hell Capcom dressed him like that?
I think the graphics are compressed. I tried to find the sprites/tiles but I as not able to.

Regards,
Cospefogo.

Hmm, only person I know of that might have info on the compression type for the SNES Final Fight games would be a fellow named Rotwang.

Granted, this still may be a shot in the dark as he's working on a different game (Final Fight: Guy I believe), BUT there's a decent chance that the developers could have used the same compression style between games. If you want to get ahold of him, best bet is to PM him on BHDN.

Just passing along this info in case you're wanting to change the Haggar graphics yourself (anything would be better than seeing the guy in those short-shorts and knee pads, wtf were they thinking when coming up with that design?) If that isn't the case, than feel free to ignore my response.  :)
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

cospefogo

• View Profile
    • Fliperamas
« Reply #3465 on: November 25, 2016, 02:46:14 pm »
Hmm, only person I know of that might have info on the compression type for the SNES Final Fight games would be a fellow named Rotwang.

Thanks, Bahamut!
The first time I did inspect Final Fight 3 ROM was a long time ago.
Yesterday I tried open/edit it using YYCHR and found the graphics just there...
Ready to be edited. Unless I am making some confusion I am pretty convinced that could be, perhaps, just a matter of adjust the palettes and paint the correct pixels.

I just need to narrow my search now and find Haggar sprites inside.
Just by opening the rom with YYCHR it gives me the colors all scrambled.

I am reading about the subject to be able to work on it.

I have hacked a Final Fight 1 (SNES) in the past, adding my friends name and changing several graphics. I don't remember what tool I did use that time... (around 4 years ago!)

Cospefogo.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: November 25, 2016, 04:09:47 pm »
If you want to see the palette for Haggar and are using YYCHR, just make a savestate with him ingame using ZSNES, then load that save state with YYCHR. You should see all the palettes the game had loaded at the time.  :D

Also, if you notice that the graphics appear misaligned or look a lil wonky, try using + or - to bit shift.

Oh yeah, the "pattern" settings can greatly aid in helping you see what is what (they're a godscend, especially for games like RPGs or the older Zelda titles) as well!
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

cospefogo

• View Profile
    • Fliperamas
« Reply #3467 on: November 28, 2016, 03:05:36 am »
If you want to see the palette for Haggar and are using YYCHR, just make a savestate with him ingame using ZSNES, then load that save state with YYCHR. You should see all the palettes the game had loaded at the time.  :D

Oh really?
Thank you SO much, Bahamut ZERO, for this tip.

Regards,
C.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #3468 on: November 29, 2016, 08:36:45 am »
Wizards & Warriors (NES)
A hack that fixes the vertical scrolling so it's as tight as the horizontal scrolling, and makes each gem worth 2x would be neat!
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3469 on: November 29, 2016, 09:03:57 am »
Out Live (PC Engine) BRAM Hack instead of password.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:57:41 pm by Gamerhenky »

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: November 29, 2016, 01:03:55 pm »
So I saw something that got my interest, and made me like this more realistic party follow in the prototype version of Lunar 2 -

https://tcrf.net/File:LUNAR_-ETERNAL_BLUE-_sample_party.png

Would love to see a simple restoration of that in the PSX version.

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: November 30, 2016, 02:35:03 am »
I'd like to see (Or even attempt myself...) to make a Translated Title Screen for Getsu Fuma.

Turn it into, The Legend Of
                        FUMA

The way the graphics are designed it would fit pretty nicely.
But designing the logo....That's where this becomes more a suggestion for someone else. :thumbsup:

Oh and one more idea...

TMNT Tournament Fighters (Genesis)
The ability to choose the hidden stages from the stage select screen.
Technodrome, Dino Planet, Karai's Stage.

And then combine with the already made hack that allows for the hidden characters to be selected.
Perfect! :thumbsup:

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: November 30, 2016, 02:22:33 pm »
Wizards & Warriors (NES)
A hack that fixes the vertical scrolling so it's as tight as the horizontal scrolling, and makes each gem worth 2x would be neat!

Also finally fix the hit detection i ironsword would be neat too.

dxtr

• View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: November 30, 2016, 03:21:01 pm »
Hi,

I've had my eyes on a certain game along time. I've played it alot and It would make for a good 4 player game.

I've put up a bounty on my twitter: https://twitter.com/dxtrs_lab/status/803183979641896964

Let me know if anyone wanna give it a try.

Regards
Dxtr

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: December 01, 2016, 07:25:06 am »
Why not just say it's Super Dyna'mix Badminton and be done with it? What's the point of linking to a tweet?

Also, it's not a good idea to ask people to make ROM hacks for you for money.

pacnsacdave

• I make game hacks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: December 01, 2016, 03:44:39 pm »
I'd like to see (Or even attempt myself...) to make a Translated Title Screen for Getsu Fuma.

Turn it into, The Legend Of
                        FUMA

I have actually translated that title screen already. You can find that and other games with the title screen changed to English there. Just google pacnsacdave and it'll be the first link that pops up.

Ryan914

• View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: December 01, 2016, 11:21:23 pm »
Maybe a hack of Hydlide which allows you to change the music to the Hydlide 3 (NES) themes, to at least get rid of that grating Indiana Jones ripoff riff.

Examples:
* Overworld
* Caves
* Final Dungeon

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: December 02, 2016, 01:39:07 am »
I have actually translated that title screen already. You can find that and other games with the title screen changed to English there. Just google pacnsacdave and it'll be the first link that pops up.

Excellent!
That is exactly what I was thinking!
Perfect, I am going to download that right now!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tomaitheous

• View Profile
    • PC Engine Dev
« Reply #3478 on: December 02, 2016, 01:01:56 pm »
Out Live (PC Engine) SRAM Hack instead of password.
You mean BRAM (external module for saving games). There is no SRAM on cards for saving. BRAM is a file system, so who ever hacks their own routines to access it - they better be 100% compatible else they'll screw up the file system and the player will have reformat it on the real system - losing all their other save game data from other games. This is no simple hacking matter. For CD games, you have a bios to make the calls (it's safe) - but for hucard games, without support for it, you'll have to write these routines yourself. Even some commercial games are known to have some bugs that will corrupt the BRAM system.

I actually have BRAM interfacing code that I wrote and tested, but it wasn't design for hacking.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: December 02, 2016, 03:54:53 pm »
I remember a Super Mario RPG hack that replaced the Chancellor with Toadsworth... or I just imagined it cause I can't find one.
If it hasn't been done... maybe someone should.