News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2411991 times)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3440 on: November 06, 2016, 11:25:29 pm »
So, idea: A Final Fantasy game set in the mechanics of Mega Man

Expanding on the idea:
Each "robot master" is represented by warriors of different classes, and instead of Copy Weapon you gain a crystal shard that allows you to turn into that warrior, however not boasting all the abilities they had.
Instead of having specific weaknesses, there will be Defense and Spirit status, the former means they endure physical attacks better and the later endures magic attacks better.

Now, onto the classes themselves:
(High Defense) Monk > Knight > Thief > Ranger (Low Defense)
(High Spirit) White Mage > Black Mage > Red Mage > Time Mage (Low Spirit)
(Neutral+) Dragoon > Warrior (Neutral)
Assuming the 28 points of health, this should mean: Mage classes will take 8, 7, 6 or 5 points of damage from Monk, Knight, Dragoon and Thief, but would receive 1, 2, 3 or 4 from other Mages. Similarly, Physical classes (Monk, Knight, Thief, Ranger) would receive between 1 and 4 from physical classes and 8 to 5 from Mage classes. Neutral+ and Neutral are exceptions, as they will always deal 4 or 2 respectively.

How should I put this in example? A Monk or Ranger will always deal 5 points of damage to White Mage at worst, but they can deal 8 points of damage to Time Mage.

As a note, Mages have limited energy to cast their skills (28 MP), but they recover 1 point per second (2 points required for their basic "B" attack).

As for how each class works (assuming this would be a romhack for a NES):
  • Warrior: The class you start with. There's nothing special about it, has a short ranged slash attack. At least nothing is resistant to it...
  • Dragoon: You would find this later on (maybe after defeating 4 other warriors), has a slightly longer attack than Warrior, but also boasts double jump and the ability to do a "!Jump" attack (by holding Down and pressing B) midair (normally in the descent of a jump) that damages anything on the way down while gaining a two seconds invulnerability from successfully landing a "!Jump" attack.
  • Monk: Has a pitifully short ranged attack but that can hit rapidly (compare to Castlevania Aria of Sorrow's "Kaiser Knuckle"). Can regain 1HP per second by standing still for longer than 5 seconds.
  • Knight: Possess the ability to ignore knockback, but not the brief "stun" normally caused from taking damage. It's main ability ("!Defend") is to reduce all damage to 1 (2 for a Magic Attack) by holding B, however this renders him immobile. Has the same range as Warrior.
  • Thief: Fastest of all physical classes, the thief also benefits from the ability of charging for an attack that has the ability to steal items from enemies (basically, makes them drop a Potion or Hi-Potion, even Elixir or Phoenix Down if you were lucky. Those are Small Health, Big Health, E-Tank and 1-up). However has a short range (yet longer than Monk).
  • Ranger: Most Megaman-sque class. It is able to shoot fast arrows and execute !RapidFire by charging the attack, which then releases a barrage of 4 arrows that negates mercy invulnerability.
  • Whiite Mage: Main attack is Aero, which shoots out a small and slow ball of wind, but only one can be on screen at any time. Charging attack however uses Cure to heal 7 points of health for 7 points of magic. Holding Up before releasing a charged attack however results in Holy, which causes 8 damage (ignores resistance) to an enemy within the White Mage's line of sight at the cost of 28 MP.
  • Black Mage: Main Attack alternates between Fire, Blizzard, Thunder (which are represented by a fireball, an ice spike and a lightning ball), which allows it to have up to three projectiles on screen. The Charged attack is Bio, which shoots out a cloud of poison that inflicts some damage and causes those hit by it to take 1 point of damage every 5 seconds for only 7 MP. Holding Up before releasing a charged attack however results in Flare, which causes 8 damage (ignores resistance) to an enemy within the Black Mage's line of sight at the cost of 28 MP.
  • Red Mage: Normally shoots up Aero "balls", but can also shoot Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, mimicking White and Black Mage. Main exception being that it can only have one projectile attack on screen. The charged attack is "!DualCast" with Cure and Bio simultaneously, however requiring 14 MP! Doesn't have a special Up release.
  • Time Mage: Shoots out a single Comet from above itself in a downwards 15º angle, making it a bit difficulty to aim but at least having up to four of these on screen. The charged attack is Meteor, which is like Astro Crush but requires 14 MP and has a chance to miss (remember Power Stone? It can screw up that bad too...). Releasing the charge while holding Up results in Banish, which will destroy every enemy on screen for 28 MP, but won't work on bosses at all.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:40:11 am by Tsukiyomaru0 »

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: November 08, 2016, 05:19:23 am »
I need a patch that un-complicates the process of changing time for Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal,
The button inputs on  the title screen are way too complicated to pull off on a 3DS and I can't find the daylight savings time option through the garbled translation.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: November 08, 2016, 09:55:59 am »
I need a patch that un-complicates the process of changing time for Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal,
Actually considering all that Polished Crystal's done like Nuzlocke Mode, I'm surprised a clock changer hasn't been added.

This in theory isn't too hard at all using the disassembly as long as you know the right languages.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: November 08, 2016, 07:25:02 pm »
Cool I'll go look for that, doubt I'll understand it right off but its worth learning,
Also upon doing a comparison, it isn't merely hiding time settings, they just aren't there at all for some reason ::)

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: November 09, 2016, 02:01:03 am »
If it hasn't been done yet,
A Zelda Link's Awakening Hack where item switching was easier could be cool.

Equipping the bracelet, shield switching etc.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: November 09, 2016, 01:36:01 pm »
The button inputs on  the title screen are way too complicated to pull off on a 3DS and I can't find the daylight savings time option through the garbled translation.
From what I read, Japan doesn't use DST so that option won't exist in VC (which is based on the Japanese version of Crystal).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

The Falcon of the Night

• View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: November 10, 2016, 10:46:56 pm »
Hello! I am The Falcon of The Night. I know that most of you have never even heard of Malayalam. It is a language spoken in Kerala State of India. Malayalam is an Indic Script. I want The Pokemon Fire Red game to be translated in the original Malayalam script (ie,മലയാളം and not Malayalam). So if there are any hackers willingly to help me, it would be a great help. I can probably handle all the translation but since I don't have enough experience in hacking, I would appreciate any help in hacking and similiar areas. With Regards, The Falcon of The Night.

MithrandirOlorin

• View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: November 11, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »
Hey, would it be possible for someone to throw together a Patch of Zelda ALttP where Aghanim's name is changed to Trump and Ganon's to Hitler really soon so I could play it before the end of this Zelda Month?

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: November 12, 2016, 01:48:14 am »
Dead or Alive (Sega Saturn): A hack that would add Ayane and Bass Armstrong from the PSX port to this port and it would also change the text to English as well.

Fighters Megamix (Sega Saturn): A hack that would replace Bean & Bark with Sonic & Tails.

Fighting Vipers (Sega Saturn): A hack that would restore the unused Sonic and Tails fighters back to the game.

Final Fight Revenge (Sega Saturn): A hack that would make Belger a playable character.

Radiant Silvergun (Sega Saturn): A hack that would add the Xbox 360 exclusive Ikaruga Mode to this port and it would also change the text to English as well.

Silhouette Mirage (Sega Saturn): A hack that would add the PSX exclusive Reaper and Geluve bosses to this port and it would also change the text to English as well.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:56:41 am by SCD »

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: November 12, 2016, 04:45:13 am »
 I was thinking a Shining Soul 2 hack that does the following:
  • Completely removes the need of Multiplayer for side stuff (like the cubes in various places or gravestones that requires 2 players or more with Force Ring)
  • Soul Return act as a full heal and not only as revival
  • Spell tomes and scrolls act like Shining Soul 1's (as in: You can use it without charging for no SP, but won't do much damage).
  • Increase item appearance (which will also disable the "Luck Underflow" from using items with negative Item Appearance)
  • Enable Souls to increase a stat like in Shining Soul 1
  • Overall increase of difficulty and reward before Dark Squid
  • Have cards always drop the very first time you kill a monster in case you don't have their card already

tvtoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: November 12, 2016, 09:50:33 am »
I was thinking a Shining Soul 2 hack that does the following:
  • Completely removes the need of Multiplayer for side stuff (like the cubes in various places or gravestones that requires 2 players or more with Force Ring)
  • Increase item appearance (which will also disable the "Luck Underflow" from using items with negative Item Appearance)
  • Enable Souls to increase a stat like in Shining Soul 1
  • Overall increase of difficulty and reward before Dark Squid
This, also fixing the crazy blacksmith counter that makes no sense. It would make sense if the rarest items needed more uses, not less.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: November 13, 2016, 01:46:45 am »
So this idea is more advanced, but I'm wondering if it is high time someone makes the attempt to recreate the extra levels found on the Sega Saturn version of SOTN, and put them into the PSP version (or PSX whoever prefers), and also the cut-content that remained only in the Saturn.

Unless it is not possible (since someone would have done that years ago).

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: November 14, 2016, 09:52:07 am »
I was thinking this: a Boktai Patcher that does the following:

* Undoes dumpers' patches
* Applies a patch that disables all AP functions (like RTC requirement)
* Applies a patch that disables Overheat
* Allows us to pick the Solar Sensor handling button combination (like: Instead of L+left/right, could be Select+Left/Right, Select+L/R, Select+A/B... But could REALLY be a very flexible setup) to be patched in.
* Restores scrapped content (if any)
* Translates Boktai 3 (but, of course, that game needs someone to revive the translation project, which was halted very close to completion)

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: November 14, 2016, 05:47:57 pm »
1) Use clean ROMs. no-intro should have CRCs, also http://arcvoreppin.free.fr/ips/ might prove of some use.
2) Real Time Clock is not an Anti Piracy measure; it is extra hardware that the cart has. It is no more anti piracy than a NES mapper is.
3) Fair enough.
4) Have a read of http://gbatemp.net/threads/boktai-solar-sensor-patch-kit.245127/
5) tcrf does not seem to mention any for the GBA django or boktai. https://tcrf.net/User:Lavacopter/Proto:Boktai:_The_Sun_is_in_Your_Hand has some things but that is e3 demo. Similarly https://www.unseen64.net/2008/07/20/lunar-knights-ds-beta/ is only about the DS title. Can't rule it out of course but if tcrf and unseen64 lacks much in the way of anything then I am not hopeful for anything, I suppose I should check to see if there is anything on any of the dedicated game wikis and sites for this franchise but I am not up for it right now and most of the time they are only good for fleshing out what tcrf and unseen64 might have to say.
6) Again fair enough.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: November 15, 2016, 05:00:11 am »
1) Use clean ROMs. no-intro should have CRCs, also http://arcvoreppin.free.fr/ips/ might prove of some use.
2) Real Time Clock is not an Anti Piracy measure; it is extra hardware that the cart has. It is no more anti piracy than a NES mapper is.
3) Fair enough.
4) Have a read of http://gbatemp.net/threads/boktai-solar-sensor-patch-kit.245127/
5) tcrf does not seem to mention any for the GBA django or boktai. https://tcrf.net/User:Lavacopter/Proto:Boktai:_The_Sun_is_in_Your_Hand has some things but that is e3 demo. Similarly https://www.unseen64.net/2008/07/20/lunar-knights-ds-beta/ is only about the DS title. Can't rule it out of course but if tcrf and unseen64 lacks much in the way of anything then I am not hopeful for anything, I suppose I should check to see if there is anything on any of the dedicated game wikis and sites for this franchise but I am not up for it right now and most of the time they are only good for fleshing out what tcrf and unseen64 might have to say.
6) Again fair enough.

0. I mean this idea to be an AIO (All-In-One) patching app, rather than having to find every little thing or requiring some programming knowledge..
1. See "0"
2. RTC is acting as an AP. As soon as it detects something is wrong, it goes saying the Solar Sensor is Broken.
4. Those are still preset from what I read and still there's "0"
5. Ah, true, my mistake (I often end confusing Lunar Knights with others)

That aside, Lunar Knights does need a patching to add contents of its japanese version... Though maybe just translating the japanese version using the NA release might be easier. In a similar case: Phantasy Star Zero.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: November 16, 2016, 08:20:55 pm »
English translation, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, both games.
and this as an unlockable for the second if possible https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moero!_Nekketsu_Rhythm_Damashii_Osu!_Tatakae!_Ouendan_2#Elite_Beat_Agents_characters
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:28:33 pm by SleepyFist »

UFO

• View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: November 18, 2016, 01:45:49 pm »
One game I really want to see hacked is The Simpsons arcade version by Konami. In that game Bart has a blue shirt but on the TV show his shirt is always orange. I would hack it if I could but I don't know how. Is there anybody here who can hack the rom so Bart's shirt is orange? That shouldn't be too difficult, right? It's just one color hex code change.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: November 18, 2016, 02:36:26 pm »
The title is misleading, it implies you are linking to it or asking for it.

And this should go in the ideas thread.

CrAzY

• View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: November 18, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »
Homer:  That's not going to do it, Marge; you need something red. 
        [picks up Lisa, and waves her over the stadium railing]
        Hey, Toro!  Here's something to gore!
 Lisa:  Da-a-ad!
Homer:  Not now, honey, Daddy's busy.
        [it works; the bull begins to charge toward Homer and
        Lisa]
        [pulls Lisa back into the stadium] Now, for a little
        calming blue.  [turns to Bart] Hey, where's your blue
        shirt?
 Bart:  I don't have a blue shirt.

I can't believe you want to get rid of a blue shirted Bart. For shame.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:16:51 pm by CrAzY »

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: November 18, 2016, 06:44:27 pm »
I saw translations of Contra Japanese Cartridge to English.

Why not make a Probotector themed patch? It's one of the few censorship cases I like. Of course, will require tons of editing to replace the soldiers with robots cutscenes... but it would be worth the shot.

Now, passing to Probotector MD:

I wanted so badly CX-2 has a more...femenine figure, and not just a palletteswap of CX-1.