Some ideas I have for a Shining Force (MD/GEN) hack:
1. Ability to skip watching an enemy unit's movement in battle or the cursor moving across the battlefield by pressing a button or button combo. Or simply a faster moving cursor.
2. Removed delay before the characters move in each battle cutscene.
3. Characters auto-equip a bought or given weapon as long as the weapon is equippable by them.
4. Skippable jingles - the raise jingle, promote jingle, and so on.
5. The main battle theme in a battle continues instead of reseting after each battle cutscene (which have their own short tracks).
6. NPCs move out of your way more quickly.
7. Battle maps turn normal after you win so you can have the automatic item passing hack work there, and talk to party members to hear some banter without going to the HQ.
8. Status menu is accessible outside of battle and the HQ.
9. (advanced) A deployment phase before each battle starts.
10. Context sensitive interact button (search/talk).
11. The character menu doesn't close after for example transferring or equipping an item, instead it goes to the previous menu (where in the case of items you select between use, give, drop, equip).
12. The music uses drum samples from the sequel instead.
13. You can execute Balbazak if you want to, Suikoden style.