News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2426409 times)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3340 on: October 04, 2016, 01:14:06 pm »
Do the PS1 ports have the "Navi Mode" with remixed music (among other changes)? I know the PS2/GC/Xbox Anniversary Collection does.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: October 04, 2016, 01:57:51 pm »
I think it would be a very awesome idea if someone can figure out how to change the music using MP3 or OGG format for the Megaman games for computer, I know there would be no way to do so on consoles unless someone is really that tech savvy to use a external program.

The Megaman X games long since solved thanks to the MSU-1, and I think the original series could definitely use a upgrade.

pablitox

• View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: October 04, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »
This could be easy or hard as hell (which I hope not) but here goes:

To all the people interested in graphic modification, here's the idea: translate the main menu of the game Summon Night Craftsword Monogatari: hajimari no ishi (translasted as Stone of beginnings) so the following options are shown on-screen:

NEW GAME
LOAD GAME
LINK
EXTRAS

the first two are already done, and what's left is:

通  信 (link)
お ま い (extras)

Here's two pics, the first one of the original menu, and the second with the new game/load game translated (link was translated but in a way it glitches a bit):

Te catch here is that each option graphic is actually a sprite, located at 15D9AAC in the rom (using crystaltile). I was wondering if there's a way to remove the gap between 通 and 信 so it says 通信 and also translate them as LINK (same with the Extras option).

The tilemap for the menu is located at:

I believe the pattern made of 40 80 is the one that controls the way each option sprite is shown in a way I haven't figured out yet. Believe me when I say that I've tried everything, to no avail other than this:

Result of translating the link graphic and insert it using the tile insertion tool:

after corruping the screen a bit:

secuence 26 A2 40 80 2E A2 00 40 36 A2 00 80 3A 12 00 80

changed 40 80 to 00 00 corrupted the Load Game graphic once it's pressed, the lower parte of am corrupts itself:

to 00 40:

if anyone has any question or anything don't be afraid to send me a PM.

Thanks for reading :)
Re taking hajimari no ishi!

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: October 05, 2016, 12:21:38 am »
Hmmm, I got to thinking...maybe the graphics in Sailor Moon need a bit of enhancing. You know, like at least update the color palettes to fit to modern era (kinda like how Secret of Mana did it).

Me_Dave

• Romhacking Psychoanalyst
    • View Profile
    • Kid Klown's KrazyNES
« Reply #3344 on: October 05, 2016, 01:26:32 am »
with the Current election and everything I'd love to See A Hillarymon hack of PokeMon If it was me I'd hack Yellow where the Pokemon follows you around, and put in there as Pokemon all of Hillary's Celebrity Endorsers , like SilverMon "Sarah Siverman" who traded on Bernie and Switch to Hillary surrogate.

Kid Klown's KrazyNES
They saw what the 600 Member's can do, lets show them what the 54,000 can do.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: October 05, 2016, 03:13:57 pm »
I got one: How about a Regular Show Contra? Mordo & Rigs could probably take the playable characters.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: October 06, 2016, 07:18:47 pm »
Random thought---hack DQ8 so gaining tension isn't just always available.  Make each character only gain access to a skill that raises tension 1 level after mastering 2 skill trees: this way it's available for post-game (where you need it for some of the optional bosses), but for most of the regular game it's locked out, making things a bit less boring.

Also, some rebalancing of less unique skills should generally happen, maybe so that there are legit skill choices to be made for all characters, not just Angelo.

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: October 07, 2016, 11:40:56 pm »
How about a hack of Breath of Fire 3 where no abilities are learned through leveling up(except for Ryu's dragon transformation spell obviously), but by monsters/masters only, so that there's more customization, maybe making all masters available earlier than normal, with more useful stat bonuses for however you want to build a character(I generally mean this for the joke masters that don't really have good stat bonuses, stuff like D'lonzo should stay the same, though some might could use some buffs, I think Mygas is pretty overshadowed by Emitai. A meaningful tradeoff between Emitai and the other mages could be nice). Might be nice to play BoF3 again with some fresh new customization. I once gamesharked Ryu's master to start off with Emitai and a magic based Ryu was pretty darn cool. It's also really fun to have Garr under D'lonzo for most of the game, he becomes faster than all the others and still hits like a truck, lol. Especially when you pair him with a heavy strength based master later on. I think I did at one point put him under the +2 speed master though as well.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: October 08, 2016, 12:20:48 am »
I noticed this: There are many hacks and modified libraries for a lot of thing, like ripping DS sprites and textures with OGL or adding (some) voice acting to Ys Oath in Felghana for PC... But yet there's not a single MSU-1 for SNES9X, or SNES9X with MSU-1 support.

And no, I don't like the only emulators that supports MSU-1, like Higan.

Madsiur

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 08, 2016, 12:50:50 pm »
But yet there's not a single MSU-1 for SNES9X, or SNES9X with MSU-1 support.

This could explain that as far as vanilla SNES9X is concerned.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: October 08, 2016, 04:46:08 pm »
Maybe someone could make a hack of Mr. Do SNES that allows multiplayer to go all the way to level 99 instead of just 20. That would be pretty neat. You can do that now by using a level select code to start past level 20 but that's not really convenient. It'd be more fun to be able to start from level 1 anyway.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: October 09, 2016, 10:49:31 pm »
Here's an idea: A demake of the Megaman X sequels starting with X4 up to X8 in SNES style. If not, how about a playable Iris in the first 3 Megaman X games?

someitalian123

• View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: October 10, 2016, 01:54:32 am »
I think what would be a nice hack would be a fix for the shuttering background scrolling in the PC-Engine port of Ninja Gaiden. Also maybe replacing the OST with the NES version OST.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 11, 2016, 07:32:04 pm »
Here's another weird idea. Either a Rosalina, Daisy, or Luigi edition of Super Mario RPG with the main character, Luigi, taking Mario's role and either one of the girls taking Peach's role (depending on if you ship him with either Daisy or Rosalina debating). There may be a bit of rewriting for the script, but I think it could be done. But that's just a thought.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 12, 2016, 12:50:37 am »
Here's an idea: A demake of the Megaman X sequels starting with X4 up to X8 in SNES style. If not, how about a playable Iris in the first 3 Megaman X games?

Good luck for the hacker willing to do that. Especially with the two-armor system that appears from X5 on.

Then again, Justin3009 managed to make Zero 100% playable "X5-X8 style" with his own dialogues in X3...

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 12, 2016, 08:29:09 pm »
Perhaps a hack of Disney's Hercules for ps1?
I haven't played it myself but Caddy makes some good points about It's flaws in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9UoAK744E

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25:06 am »
I think I've tossed these long but never hurts talking about them again:
* Hack out the Blizzard/Roulette function from GB, Konami Collection GB, NES and MSX versions of Parodius. It's a really irritating function that you have no way of predicting when you will uncounter it unless you count the power ups that have spawned so far or have taken notes on specific locations.
* Restore removed content to Lunar Knights or translate Boktai DS.
* While on Boktai DS, implement ways to not need the mic or Touch Screen at all.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: October 13, 2016, 09:51:49 pm »
Remember a long ago when I wished for a Captain Commando arcade colors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzsHu5Kwx78

Someone tell him he can upload his patches in this site! He's also working on SSF2 and King of the Monsters enhanced colors.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:58:57 pm by RealGaea »

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: October 13, 2016, 11:57:14 pm »
Sure original isn't a WiiU filter?

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:47 am »
Sure original isn't a WiiU filter?

Nope. He released a beta of SSF2. And I played it last night.

Here's the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/bvsQpA5cba/teste_-_Copia.html
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:56:43 am by RealGaea »