It's been a while since I posted my list, but...
...here I go once again.
Here's my updated list of dream romhacks that I wish someone or some people could make, sumday. This time I made it shorter, I took some unnecesary stuff away, and I modified them for clarity:
-Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic! (Famicom)/Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)/Super Mario Advance (GBA)-
1. A remake of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic! (Dream Factory: Heart-Pounding Panic!) using the Super Mario Advance engine.
2. An FDS to NES (re)port of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic! (Dream Factory: Heart-Pounding Panic!) to Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario USA ROM as the base.
-Super Metroid (SNES)/Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)-
3. A remake of Super Metroid to the Game Boy Advance, using the Metroid: Zero Mission game engine
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past & Four Swords(GBA)-
4. Removing the Four Swords partition (and everything related to it) of the GBA remake of The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, just so it could be single-player only, standalone game. People might think that this might be like some kind of autoboot patch, but is not just that. I really/literally want everything that has to do with Four Swords from the remake removed just so TLOZ: A Link To The Past can be a single-player game.
-Wolfenstein 3D/Doom/Doom II for GBA-
5. A complete restoration of everything that has been censored and upgrade, for the GBA versions of Wolfenstein 3D (thank you for telling me DurrandonXylles from Starmen.net) and Doom II for the GBA, just like SVKaiser's Doom Uncensoring Patch.
6. Faithful patches that fixes and restores the GBA versions of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Doom II closely to their MS-DOS versions, because a lot of people criticized these ports for being incredibly inferior to their predecessors (also due to the fact that they were made for the GBA). If you go the official Wikis of Wolfenstein and Doom, respectively, and try to find information regarding their GBA ports, you'll see the changes they made.
-Dragon Quest DS series-
7. Restoring the Dragon Quest DS games (DQ IV: Chapters of the Chosen, DQ V: Hand of the Hevanly Bride, and DQ VI: Realms of Revelation) to their original, classic predecessors.
8. ^ An addendum that actually delocalizes these Dragon Quest DS games, and restores them to their original Japanese versions.
-Final Fantasy III (NES)/Final Fantasy VII (bootleg) (NES)/Final Fanatsy IV Advance (GBA)/Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)-
9. A remake-port of Final Fantasy III (NES) to GBA using the Final Fantasy IV Advance engine
10. Bugfix patches to all of the Final Fantasy Advance games. Yes, ALL OF THEM.
11. A remake-port of Lugia2009’s version of Final Fantasy VII for NES
using the Final Fantasy VI Advance GBA engine. Whoever makes the port (or remake) gets to add what Lugia2009 couldn’t add before because of the ROM size of the NES version of Final Fantasy VII.
-Color TV Games for the NES-
12. I don’t know if this can be done, but I want for someone to make a compilation of literally all of the Color TV Games
for the NES. Or at least, one by one. To my knowledge, I somehow feel like Nintendo never managed to port these games for the NES. This sounds more like homebrew, in which that person recreates those games for the NES.
-Mother I + II (GBA)-
13. A complete restoration overhaul of Mother 2 (from Mother 1+2) that restores the music and sounds (because the music sounds out of place compared to its original SFC/SNES version, and is something that CAN NOT be ignored), and the palette colors (because it looks to brightened, just like the majority of GBA games that were released before the GBA SP), although @ShadowOne333 will soon be working on restoring the colors of Mother 2 to its original version.Not only this, but I also want some of the changes that were made on the GBA port to be restored. Which changes? Well not that much, but someting like this:
1) In Burglin Park, a person talks about flies landing on the food and making it tastier. The text here was altered slightly in the GBA version to make the flies' landing seem unintentional.
2) Almost every scene has scrolling effects due to the Game Boy Advance's screen size."
14. To this day, I don't know if it's possible, but I also want the music and sounds of Mother 1 (for GBA) restored to their original version, the same situation as Mother 2. It doesn't sound the same as the FC/NES version.
15. I know this may look insignificant, but every time a person goes to the game select menu of Mother 1+2 and selects a game, you can't go back to the menu (to select another game) or let alone to the start. So I thought someone could do some ASM hacking just so every time you select either Mother 1 or Mother 2 in-game, you would press the B button, to go back to the game select menu and select the other game, and vice versa.
16. Once @Jeffman is done finishing the translation of Mother 2 (for GBA), (in which he still haven't finished it to this day), I want one of the biggest request of them all: I want someone to fully port the Mother 25th Anniversary patch by @DragonDePlatino, and the MaternalBound Omega patch by @ShadowOne333 to Mother 1+2. Out of all of my requests, this is the one that I want the most.
17. Sonic the Hedgehog (NES) - I know that this is suppose to be a rom hack of the bootlegged Somari game, in where it changes the sprite of Mari-, er I mean, Somari, to the original Sonic, but hear me out. It would be nice if somebody hacked this game completely (colors, sprites, background, music, etc.), just so it could closely resemble its Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear versions of Sonic the Hedgehog.
If you don't know which version of the hack I'm talking about, is the first one from this list
-Prince of Persia (SNES)-
18. Some people here talked about the Prince of Persia classic game, I would love for someone to hack the SNES version of PoP, and change the graphics to their Apple II (or at least, MS-DOS) to their original graphics. The graphics of the SNES version look nice, but I would also love if someone would change the graphics to a classic style version of the game.
19. Somebody mentioned here, that there should be a hack about adding blood in the SNES (not SFC) version of PoP.
-Super Mario World (SNES)/Mario Wacky Worlds (Phillips CDi)-
20. I want someone to recreate (and finish) the Mario Wacky Worlds prototype game but using the Super Mario World engine. It would be nice to see that.
-Star Tropics (NES)/Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge (NES)-
21. I want someone to do HD-overhaul (complete graphics and game overhaul) to the Star Tropics game and its sequel. What do I mean by HD? Kinda like this hack for Alex Kidd
Hopefully this would be done someday.
-Yoshi's Island DS (NDS)-
22. Classic Version: A complete graphics overhaul to the game so it can resemble to its (classic) predecessor which was Yoshi's Island for the Super NES and GBA. What do I mean by this? For all of those people that have played Yoshi's Island DS, you could see that the grahics were heavily changed: Shy Guys became more pudgy (
), the level select looks way off (
), the colors look like someone powdered them compared to the colors of its predecessors, and so much more.
23. This game should also have better control schemes, because for those that played the game, the controls were a little awkward and out of place, making the game a bit hard. If someone made the controls more accurate, I would be really happy.
-Chrono Trigger (SNES)/Chrono Trigger DS (NDS)-
24. This is gonna be doozy one: I want someone to port that long-time, cancelled Chrono Trigger hack called Crimson Echoes to the DS version of Chrono Trigger. I think the "98%" would suffice.
I told you it was gonna be a doozy. What with knowing Square-Enix's totalitarian attitude towards their IP's. (Apparently, they are far more worse than Nintendo.)
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Akumajo Dracula X: Gekka no Yasokyoku (Sega Saturn)-
25. A few months ago, when I was looking for existing 3D platformers for the Sega Saturn, I found out that the classic 2D platformer Castlevania - Symphony of the Night had a Saturn version that released only in Japan. And not only that, but from the looks of it, it looks like nobody has translated it, despite the fact that is the same Symphony of the Night for the PS/PSOne/PSX. Only a bit more updated
Why did I italicized
the word "updated"? Because aside from the new events, stages, powerups, and playable characters, it was somehow filled with some bugs. Also, it appeared that some stages were cut down for reasons unknown. < Probably the size of the game.
So, I wish that somebody (or some people) would not just translate the game, but also bugfix the game, and add whatever stage sections, or stages per se, were cut down (if possible).
-Magic Dragon (bootleg) (Famicom/NES)/R-Type-
26. I want someone to take the Magic Dragon
NES bootleg, and turn it into what it was suppose to be in the beginning: R-Type for the NES. It would be interesting to see how it would look like.
-Pitfall: The Mayan Adventures (SNES)-
27. I want someone to fix the bugs of this game, and give it a graphics overhaul a lá Super Pitfall 30th Anniversary