News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1349096 times)

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #1380 on: August 10, 2014, 01:53:30 pm »
If you think that is "crappy", you might as well never touch a GB, WS, NGP or NES game then... For they are always that kind of chiptune or worse...

No, I like those just fine. Those all use actual chiptune hardware, so they sound great. Even the samples used on the DPCM channel on NES games are usually better than what Harmony of Dissonance was left with. Granted, I say that NES samples are more pleasing to the ear because they are used sparingly.

Oh, well, onto ideas... But this is more of a question:
Are there any ongoing projects for Chocobo Dungeon DS translation?

YES!! A thousand times, YES!!
I've been wanting to play through all of CMD games for years.
While we're at it, how about a translation for the first game on PSX?

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 14, 2014, 09:03:26 am »
It will be nice if someone make this hack in FF1.

Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 14, 2014, 02:59:16 pm »
There would have to be a major color reduction done to those and the game engine would have to be altered a bit to only allow 3 characters in the party.
And you'd need a way to be able to swap characters and save their stats and spells.
It would be ultra cool though.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 14, 2014, 03:40:19 pm »

Similar to this idea, we could use a FF5 or FF6 hack based on FF13

Or a KH hack for FF6

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 14, 2014, 04:29:46 pm »

I've always wanted to play a 16-bit version of Hallway Simulator 2013. : P

MrDro2k

• View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 14, 2014, 07:03:57 pm »
I've been thinking of not so much a hack but an edit tool for SNES Der Langrisser that can make changes to the main characters' class trees. Being able to choose any class in each class branch as well as the troops they can hire and their spells. And maybe other edits (stats, enemy class, portraits, etc). None that detailed exist.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:19:21 pm by MrDro2k »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 14, 2014, 09:16:45 pm »

I should note that I have a Final Fantasy engine in the works for game maker studio that is based on FF1, so if not a hack it could end up being a fan game.

EDIT:
Here's another thought for Megaman 4 - 6. One of the things that made those games way easier than the first three was the Mega Buster's new charge ability.
I always thought it would have been interesting to see how the feel of the game might change if the charge ability was severely limited by making it rely on weapon energy.
Say something like 3 or 4 shots so that you can't use it to blow through the game.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:06:52 am by Vanya »

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 15, 2014, 12:14:29 pm »
You will do fan game if won't work for hack?
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 15, 2014, 05:16:40 pm »

Or a KH hack for FF6

ugh, FF13, the only game of the franchise i truly hated playing all the way through. i could make a list of all the things in that game that just pissed me off in general but i won't.

i like the chrono trigger -> FF hack idea though. i wonder how good the results would be, that and thanks to you bringing it up i am now reminded of the several chrono trigger hacks (the ones i managed to find that were C&D'd >.>) i have yet never played through/tested.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 15, 2014, 06:37:04 pm »
ugh, FF13, the only game of the franchise i truly hated playing all the way through. i could make a list of all the things in that game that just pissed me off in general but i won't.

i like the chrono trigger -> FF hack idea though. i wonder how good the results would be, that and thanks to you bringing it up i am now reminded of the several chrono trigger hacks (the ones i managed to find that were C&D'd >.>) i have yet never played through/tested.
Can I see your CT hack?

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 15, 2014, 06:51:44 pm »
You will do fan game if won't work for hack?

Probably not. What I might do is include all the Chrono Trigger characters in the engine so someone else can make it if they want.

Clippit

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 15, 2014, 09:19:26 pm »
Did anyone ever translate Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection on the PS2? 'cuz someone totally should. Darkstalkers deserves it.
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 15, 2014, 10:13:29 pm »
I want to see a hack for the original version of Resident Evil for PSX that adds all these features from the DS, Director's Cut, Sega Saturn, PC and the Japanese versions:

DS:

180-Degree Turn
Knife Button
Tactical Reload
The new models for the characters, enemies, bosses, weapons and items

Director's Cut:

The new cutscenes that were added in both Chris and Jill scenarios
The zombified Forest Speyer enemy

Sega Saturn:

The Tick enemy
The second Tyrant prior to the game's final battle
Battle Mode
After decapitating a crawling zombie with a kick, the head remains on the floor and Plant 42 can cut the character before the game over screen

PC:
The MAC-10 and FN Minimi weapons
The exclusive costumes

Japanese Version:

The original uncensored cutscenes
The vocal ending theme
The auto-aim function
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:59:36 am by SCD »

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 16, 2014, 10:22:42 pm »
Probably not. What I might do is include all the Chrono Trigger characters in the engine so someone else can make it if they want.
Aw bummer.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 19, 2014, 10:20:17 am »
Can I see your CT hack?

actually, all the hacks i currently have downloaded can all be found here (Devolution, Envy Hack, and Coliseum). i'm pretty sure i remember seeing something like a full game hack somewhere that wound up getting a C&D and had development halted though, not sure what the title was.

ah, heres some info on it, it was called Crimson Echoes. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=8419.0

now then, i have an idea but i'm not sure if it could even be pulled off. maybe someone could do a hack of castlevania symphony of the night and bring the rumored boss fight with maria (demon?) to life?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: August 19, 2014, 07:53:00 pm »
I would like to see a hack for Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis that gives Sub-Zero his missing standing and walking sprites from the arcade version.

Ganon35

• View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 19, 2014, 09:34:57 pm »
   I think it would be awesome to see a hack of SMA4 in which all of the e-Reader levels are put into a "World 10' type of thing, that you unlock by completing every level and going to the World 9 warp zone where a warp to "World 10" has appeared.  Another idea I had for this hack is that there could be Star Coins which are needed to unlock the individual levels in "World 10."  The total amount of star coins for a world would be shown, but not for the individual levels, so that you have to explore the levels to find the Star Coins, although when you get all of the Star Coins in a level it turns golden.  There would be different amounts of star coins per level.  Also, the multiplayer could be enhanced to where both players play at once, but can explore separately through the level without having to be confined to shared screen space.  You could also add Toad and Peach as playable characters and give all of the characters their SMB2 abilities.  Peach would be unlocked after beating World 8.  Lastly, it would be awesome if there were an alternate version which used the original graphics and sound from SMB3.  It would be nice to get rid of the ear rape screech in the castle theme for SMA4 style too.  I know all of this is way too much to ask, but it would be nice to see this done, and would easily become the best version of SMB3, if not the best Mario game ever.

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
    • Super Justin: the Blog
« Reply #1397 on: August 19, 2014, 10:07:21 pm »
IMO you could do the "Star Coins" requirements using just the Ace/Advance coins the e-Reader levels have, or by finding a giant e-Coin in a level, you unlock a set or e-Reader levels.

wolfokami321

• View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 20, 2014, 12:47:50 pm »
Can someone make or know small hack that does this?

-Switches the story to fit a male character(warrior)
-Terra (now male) falls in love with locke (now female)
-Locke and Celes are now friends instead of lovers.
-Locke stays alive as a love interest

Is there a way to do this in ff3usme?
If so let me know in great detail what to change

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 20, 2014, 01:46:22 pm »
This would not really classify as a small hack.
You can use FF3usME for the stats, graphics & text editing.
But for anything more, like event editing you'll need to use a hex editor and any documents that may exist.
You might want to check out slickproductions.org and ff6hacking.com for more specifics.
Both have forums with tons of info.