News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Titlescreens: Screenshots & Edits [Constructive Criticism Only]  (Read 315668 times)

azoreseuropa

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
Re: Titlescreens: Screenshots & Edits [Constructive Criticism Only]
« Reply #960 on: July 26, 2018, 07:43:25 am »
I've tried something here:

Maybe that'll be usable ::)

I like it. Much better.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #961 on: July 26, 2018, 05:34:52 pm »

This is probably the final version of the title screen.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 30, 2018, 10:25:37 pm »
I've actually got a revision by FlashPV that I really like, but some attribute table hacking needs to be done before it's finalized. I'll post it once it's done. SD Gundam Adventures is a title aishsha and I decided on what to translate Gaiden as. It's a bit of a localization, but I thought it sounded better than Gaiden or Side Story.
Isn't Superior Defender an official localization of "SD Gundam"? I think that's what a couple of the DVDs I have are called.
Unless the point is that it itself is a spinoff of SD Gundam?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Orochi Kusanagi

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 30, 2018, 11:04:29 pm »
Superior Defender was used for the anime SD Gundam Force in the US. I've never seen it used for other SD Gundam related products though.

The reason why this is SD Gundam Gaiden is because it was, along with the SD Sengokuden line which released around the same time, the first SD Gundam projects to be based off of some original designs, such as this one making them knights and giving them a fantasy/Dragon Quest feel. So it was a departure from the usual SD Gundam models and so on.

Good luck on the project! I can't wait to play this one in english.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:12:41 pm by Orochi Kusanagi »

lionhats

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 06, 2018, 12:21:55 pm »
These aren't much just something I did in a short time, I am going release them in a new Abandon Pack I'm working on.

for Youkai Douchuuki I wanted to do this for awhile but finally just did it while I was bored. Is hard to tell but it reads Mario I secretly call the game "Mario 25" anyway.

Then I was planning to Hack Ultima : Exodus for Nes and came up with this

I have some other stuff but would fall out side this topic. Any Criticism's are fine.

Not being funny, but would love to do an ultima hack for NES/snes/SMS that turns it into a game in the elder scrolls universe .  The master system one would be the most true I think. Names of locations items characters lore etc, would anyone be down to work on it with me,?

Choppasmith

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 17, 2018, 01:33:27 am »
Okay, my FIRST EVER title screen hack, still a WIP

Part of my RE-Quest Hack of DW1. I actually managed to find the font that's used for the logo and old promo materials (Rustikalis) I made a mockup in Photoshop to give myself an idea

It's still not exactly 1:1, and my inexperience made it hard to properly translate my graphic into 8 Bit. Still proud for my first title screen hack ever. Does it look center or should I move it over a tile?

Edit: Quick tweak. Much better, not sure if I could improve it anymore at my level of skill

Still wondering if I should move the QUEST tiles right or the TM tiles left.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:32:14 pm by Choppasmith »