News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Final Fantasy VI: Divergent Paths

Started by PowerPanda, June 01, 2021, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPanda

Yes, thank you to Gi Nattak for finding the bug and finding a fix for it before I even got a chance to look at it! :beer: It only happens if you recruit Cyan BEFORE you recruit Leo. The code that skips the line telling you where to find Cyan jumps 1 byte too far, putting you in the middle of a function. I'll work at getting patch 1.31 together over the weekend, but if you have a hex editor, you can fix this right away.

1. Open your Divergent Paths rom in your hex editor.
2. Go to address 0Cx4273 in an unheadered rom, or 0Cx4473 in a headered rom.
3. Change the value from 7B to 7A and save.

Pyre Of Word Salsa

Quote from: Gi Nattak on May 19, 2022, 01:11:55 PM
EDIT: Nevermind found/solved solved the issue.

Quote from: PowerPanda on May 20, 2022, 12:41:14 PM
1. Open your Divergent Paths rom in your hex editor.
2. Go to address 0Cx4273 in an unheadered rom, or 0Cx4473 in a headered rom.
3. Change the value from 7B to 7A and save.

Looks like it worked. The issue's gone now. Thanks to the both of you!

If you're working on a v1.31, I've also run into a bug where casting Ice 3 (might not be Ice 3, don't really remember) in the Phoenix Caves glitches out all the sprites and softlocks the game. But I couldn't get a save state of this, unfortunately.

I did repatch the hack on my end before posting about the Cyan issue, just in case it was a problem with a bad dump or something. Prior, it was a clean v1.3 patch.

Gi Nattak

Which sprites became glitched out, characters or monsters? How did it look?
I noticed from the save you provided that it was set to 'multiplayer' in the settings, were you playing multiplayer when this happened?

So far I've been unable to trigger this bug, I'd imagine if anything it'd be from one of the new/added spells instead of one of the originals like Ice 3, but they all seem okay. I did try testing them in the Phoenix Cave, but this really shouldn't matter.

Pyre Of Word Salsa

All of the player sprites glitched out to the point where they looked like Missingno/staticky. Yes, I was playing multiplayer when it happened.

Flood was used at several points in the Phoenix Caves. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as if I can reproduce it either.