News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Changing character portrait Legend of Mana Psx  (Read 270 times)

Jeetkunjo

• View Profile
Changing character portrait Legend of Mana Psx
« on: June 01, 2021, 07:53:30 am »
Hi, i modified the legend of mana main character sprite to an NPC (Elazul) , by using the TIM files and CDmage, it works properly except for the portrait ( in menu and dialog)

I have to say that i read the rules and its recommended to not ask for hack, but i passed hours on the files and scanned the whole game with TIM viewer ( more than 3000 files) and did not find the " portraits" , i noticed a file called " allfaces.dat" and it doesnt containt any TIM inside, but i think this is the one im looking for, but probably the file is compressed.

So i think changing the portrait with CDmage and file swapping is not possible, the other way would be via GAMESHARK codes, but i have totally no experience in this, and changing a portrait must be far more difficult than changing a value like gold or item, anyway if someone could lend me a hand to find such a code? this is the last part to finalize my mod. Again i know asking a request from someone else is not the best way but ive put some efforts in this mod and im kind of frustrated to not finalize it.. thanks in advance

June 02, 2021, 05:44:34 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Problem solved, by the use of hex editing combinated with my superior skills and logics :) , cya and thanks for nothing !
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:44:34 pm by Jeetkunjo »