News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: [Graphics] [GBC] Ninja Gaiden DX  (Read 830 times)

marc_max

• View Profile
[Graphics] [GBC] Ninja Gaiden DX
« on: May 29, 2021, 05:17:55 pm »
I've been toying lately with colorizing Ninja Gaiden Shadow for Game Boy Color.
Right now, I've got every colorization subroutine ready, so I only need someone skilled in NES-esque palettes and pixelart.

The game uses 3 color background tiles, which could be improved a lot by editing the tileset and adding an additional color. Also, it will probably need some tweaks in the tileset, in order to adapt it to the 4 colors.
The graphic artist shouldn't need to do anything special other than editing the pictures I'd send to him/her, adding color to them and editing the tileset if needed. That's it.

I wish I could release it for the game's 30th anniversary, but since I'm quite bad at graphics, I'm going to need help (I don't think I will release it otherwise).

PD: Yes. Mega Man World 5 DX is still coming. It's on a short hiatus as it overwhelmed me.

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
Re: [Graphics] [GBC] Ninja Gaiden DX
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 04:09:42 am »
I've been toying lately with colorizing Ninja Gaiden Shadow for Game Boy Color.
Right now, I've got every colorization subroutine ready, so I only need someone skilled in NES-esque palettes and pixelart.

The game uses 3 color background tiles, which could be improved a lot by editing the tileset and adding an additional color. Also, it will probably need some tweaks in the tileset, in order to adapt it to the 4 colors.
The graphic artist shouldn't need to do anything special other than editing the pictures I'd send to him/her, adding color to them and editing the tileset if needed. That's it.

I wish I could release it for the game's 30th anniversary, but since I'm quite bad at graphics, I'm going to need help (I don't think I will release it otherwise).

PD: Yes. Mega Man World 5 DX is still coming. It's on a short hiatus as it overwhelmed me.

Both this and your Mega Man V DX project look fantastic. I really wish I was better at palette usage, otherwise I would be willing to do whatever graphics editing you would require. I'll try to see if anybody I know is willing to help, at least.
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

NiO

• Let's bring order to chaos
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/retrogamersmx/
Re: [Graphics] [GBC] Ninja Gaiden DX
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 05:18:45 am »
If the work is only to apply palettes and editing tiles via images, probably I could help.