News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Pokemon Water Blue and Fire Red Legends Yellow Updates  (Read 1856 times)

Special

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon Water Blue and Fire Red Legends Yellow Updates
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 02:43:12 pm »
What are patch notes/changes? All you ever say are "More updates and patches.", or something similarly vague like that...

erpster2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 07:50:36 pm »
thanks for the updates, caminopreacher

can you also update your Fire Red Rival Variation hack whenever you get a chance?  thanks

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 05:15:22 am »
Hi! Sorry for the late reply.
Gen 3 has been added to rival variation as well, as far as I know. What updates were you wanting? (I'm glad people appreciate the rival variation)😀

erpster2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 11:21:29 pm »
in previous versions of Water Blue and Legends versions, capturing Mew (right near that truck by SS Anne) and Deoxys in those games do not seem to produce "obedient" ones due to those two pokemon having hidden "fateful encounter" obedience bits not set, meaning trying to use either one of them in battle may not "obey" the player regardless of having all 8 badges or not

wonder if the recent 2021 Water Blue and Legends versions do allow capturing "obedient" Mew and Deoxys that the player can control

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 05:24:17 am »
in previous versions of Water Blue and Legends versions, capturing Mew (right near that truck by SS Anne) and Deoxys in those games do not seem to produce "obedient" ones due to those two pokemon having hidden "fateful encounter" obedience bits not set, meaning trying to use either one of them in battle may not "obey" the player regardless of having all 8 badges or not

wonder if the recent 2021 Water Blue and Legends versions do allow capturing "obedient" Mew and Deoxys that the player can control

Oh, wow. I was not aware of that. I'll look into it as soon as I can. Thanks for the heads up!

Besides the pause glitches in the southern end of vermillion city I can't fix, how went everything else?

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 06:01:51 pm »

Alright. Sorry for the delay, but I was able to find the byte that makes mew obey and make the game think it was a fated encounter. For Deoxys, I had to restore his puzzle sequence as before, sadly. Besides that minor inconvenience, all should be well.
Now I just need to update the waterblue patch as well as my others. Been very busy as of late.